uponone23 is offline Associate Member

Dextrose makes me sick..

The gentleman doing my diet has me intaking 75g dextrose and 50g whey post wo... There is only one problem all the sugar (which I am really really not used to) makes me badly sick..

Any suggestions of something to add to the mix so it won't be so sweet?? I know splitting the serving won't help as the only time your body will absorb carbs so quickly is post work out.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by uponone23
    The gentleman doing my diet has me intaking 75g dextrose and 50g whey post wo... There is only one problem all the sugar (which I am really really not used to) makes me badly sick..

Any suggestions of something to add to the mix so it won't be so sweet?? I know splitting the serving won't help as the only time your body will absorb carbs so quickly is post work out.
    Try putting 50g dextrose and 50g maltodextrin... maltodextrin is a complex carbohydrate that is found in a lot of meal replacement powders. You can buy it by itself under the label "Carbo Gain" by NOW Foods. It's about $13 for 7 lbs.

Tedpod is offline New Member
    its not the dex thats making you sick more than likely..its the amount of time that your ingesting it in...

make sure to use an ample amout of water...and splitting it up isnt so bad either.....take at least 15 minutes to drink it all...(this is pretty critical fro absorbtian purposes anyhow...) but you can also take up to 30 ..just sip it ..dont slam it..

chest6 is offline Banned
    I slam mine, surprised I never have crashes.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    try waxy maize starch. Can be bulk ordered from true protein, It has no bloating or stomach issues and IMO works better than dex.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    cut the amount of dex in half and add some oats to your shake.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

uponone23 is offline Associate Member
    I got some maltodextrin from my room mate and intead of drinking it in 45 seconds I am not taking about 10 - 20 mintues and it's now going much easier.. thanks bros

finny is offline Associate Member
    I usually dillute mine in about 1l of water and sip it over 30min or so. No problems at all. Also, I use 2/3 malto 1/3 dex - 60g in total.

Thread Information