ironmike250 is offline Associate Member

Might be wrong...but it's working!

After an 8 month lay off from the gym (almost cut off a finger) the Dr. has cleared me to start training again.

I was up to 280 lbs. at somewhere in the 11-15% bf range. But that was with some really intense training and really good gear. My trainers close cousin is Victor Martinez, so I get some pretty good training.

Anyhow, I've gotten soooooooo FAT! I discust myself when I see my image in the mirror. But, I've been back in the gym now for about a month or so. I'm using some gear, and really changed up my diet. My body is so carb sensitive. I spoke with a different trainer/bodybuilder at the gym whom I've known for a couple of years and am following his diet advise. (Keep in mind this guy is now 275lbs. and ripped to freakin pieces)

My diet has pretty much been a liquid diet of the met rx 50 gram slam shakes. I ususally have 5-6 every day. When I do eat food, I usually have baked chicken, or some tuna fish. But I avoid carbs at all costs! I've started making some really good gains muscle wise, and my body is getting much harder and I can see a big difference in the mirror. My spare tire is really starting to shrink. I'm really excited!

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can improve my diet, please feel free to shoot them my way. But for now I'm gonna stick to what's working.

Thanks as always Bros!

ironmike250

newmuscleguy is offline Banned
    HMMMMMMMM!!..Are you going to have this diet for ever??? I don’t think so, so what’s guan happen when you start to eat food again???

I could loose weight just eating fruit all day with protein shakes, but its not good in the long run…I think you went about this all wrong you need to change your life style not just your diet from solid to liquid food lmao

Quote Originally Posted by newmuscleguy
    HMMMMMMMM!!..Are you going to have this diet for ever??? I don’t think so, so what’s guan happen when you start to eat food again???

I could loose weight just eating fruit all day with protein shakes, but its not good in the long run…I think you went about this all wrong you need to change your life style not just your diet from solid to liquid food lmao

Again, I know it might be the wrong way, but drastic situations call for drastic measures. I'm only doing the protein shakes for now because it's working for me. I used to be a competitive bbr, but that was when I was a teen. Been a long time, and my body has changed a lot.

I have changed my lifestyle. I am training 6 days/week and doing cardio every day. I do eat some solid foods as I mentioned, but for now this is working very well.

I only asked for advise with the diet, not snide comments. But thanks anyway newmuscleguy.

I've been there before and I will get there again. So what if it's not the "normal" way of doing things. But hey, it's working. And when the time's right, I will post some pics. Not sure your stats, but the person who's helping me is 275lbs. and ripped to shreads! He's probably going pro this year.

newmuscleguy is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike250
    I used to be a competitive bbr,
    Classic, I love it when ppl come up to me and say when I was younger I was twice your size

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike250
    Not sure your stats, but the person who's helping me is 275lbs. and ripped to shreads! He's probably going pro this year.
    Wow good for you lol insecure much,
    Last edited by newmuscleguy; 04-20-2007 at 07:43 AM.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    oh god this thread is "filled to the brim with protein!"

Quote Originally Posted by newmuscleguy
    Classic, I love it when ppl come up to me and say when I was younger I was twice your size

Wow good for you lol insecure much,
    Just last year I was 280 lbs., and now I'm 264 lbs. I'm NOT a small guy by any means. Just got a bit out of shape and trying to get it back. WTF is your problem man? We're all here for the same thing, and being shitty is not the reason. I appreciate your input, but I am finished with it. Best of luck to you.

NaturalMass is offline Banned
    I'm glad it's working for you... and to tell you the truth, if eating candy and fast food all day everyday worked for me, i'd be one happy mofo, but that's not the case! Just keep in mind that losing weight is one thing, losing muscle mass you worked hard for just to lose because you think you're trimming fat but really trimming muscle, that's a whole nother story!

So since we're supposed to be here to help everyone with questions... alls i can say is go here and read this, and when you're done reading it, read it again! Good luck

UNoffical "How to Cut" thread and sample diet...

-Natty

Braunstein is offline Banned
    Drop shakes, replace with whole foods.
    Drop juice, replace with cardio.

I read this before, and thanks for the positive message bro! But just how many carbs should I consume post workout? I'm +- 262-264 and probably around 22% bf now.

I appreciate the help bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Braunstein
    Drop shakes, replace with whole foods.
    Drop juice, replace with cardio.
    I do eat chicken and tuna fish, but I live mostly on the shakes. As far as the cardio goes, I do it too! I have to finish this cycle though. Then maybe I'll think about staying natural.

Thanks bro and good luck!

i'd consume personally twice the amount of carbs to protein in your PWO and your PPWO Meal, considering carbs are what shuttle the protein intake to the muscle cells in dire need. And that's the only time i would take in carbs apart from breakfast...

also, you're going to need EFA's to yield better results. (essential fatty acids)
    You need fat in order to lose fat, plain and simple.
    The key to trimming down IMO is cardio on an empty stomach and diet. You could do just those 2 things and not even really workout hard and yield amazing results. I'm a firm believer in doing it all naturally too. Get a diet down, stick with it, and work your butt off, and i SWEAR the results you see will be just as good as anything AAS will do for you. Keep me updated!
    Last edited by NaturalMass; 04-20-2007 at 11:59 AM.

Absolutely will do bro. I need to have my bf checked to know for sure where I stand, but I am sure it's pretty high. I will definately take your advise about the pwo and pwom. As always, I appreciate the help!

Good luck bro! and I'll keep you posted.

ironmike250

MikeCman is offline Junior Member
    Well if its working, I would contiue doing what ur doing until it stops working or you cant stand another freaking protien shake. But in the meantime you should be formulating a diet that you can fall back on when it does stop working that includes the right amount of carbs fats and protien. Why dont you design a decent diet and post it and let sum people help you critque it.

Funny you say that. I'm actually doing that exact thing as you read this. I know that eventually it will quit working and I need a fall back plan. I just know how my body reacts to carbs (and it's not pretty) But perhaps I'm eating the wrong things at the wrong times? I will definately start ingesting some carbs following my workout.

good decision

Thread Information