Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Columbus is offline Anabolic Member

YOUR PW formula??

I'd love to know some experiences with cytogainer, myoplex packets, Up your Mass, and Muscle Milk LIGHT......anyone use them? Gains? Lean? Dry?

I'm worried about the sodium content #1, and the ingredients #2...along with results...

Would just oats and whey be the BEST alternative for a shake pw IF YOU couldn't get a meal in for 1.5-2.5 hours?

NaturalMass is offline Banned
    i honestly like to do a shake with almost tiwce the amount in carbs then protein PW... and then a meal after my PW shake approx an hour later with the same formula in whole foods.

DHew is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I used cytogainer mixed with vanilla soy milk for a bulker shake, and it worked well, but i was also on gear at the time. Gains were good. Im not a big fan of muscle milk anymore because of the high amounts of fat per serving, but another one i recommend is myloplex LITE. 50g pro 50g carbs 3g fat. I always use the vanilla and mix with just water.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Lugar
    Getbig IV

Post Workout Formula???
    « on: Today at 07:11:00 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'd love to know some experiences with cytogainer, myoplex packets, Up your Mass, and Muscle Milk LIGHT......anyone use them? Gains? Lean? Dry?

I'm worried about the sodium content #1, and the ingredients #2...along with results...

Would just oats and whey be the BEST alternative for a shake pw IF YOU couldn't get a meal in for 1.5-2.5 hours

No responses there either Columbus huh?

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Best thing is to experiment and see what works best for you. Hell I never stick with the same thing over and over for years.

NaturalMass is offline Banned
    cytogainer seems to yeild fairly well results on me... very lean bulks considering not much of that nasty saturated fats. Tastes damn good too!

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Best thing is to experiment and see what works best for you. Hell I never stick with the same thing over and over for years.
    You like experimenting ehhh?
    How did you like "Up your Mass? "

On a more serious note, I have to agree with Bino. See what works best for you.

boostedevo8 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez
    Lugar
    Getbig IV

Post Workout Formula???
    « on: Today at 07:11:00 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would just oats and whey be the BEST alternative for a shake pw IF YOU couldn't get a meal in for 1.5-2.5 hours

No responses there either Columbus huh?

bingo

rice cakes, cyto or oats pw??

dude why u asking the same question in 2 threads????

relax...it was an accident.......

For now, myoplex MRP? Oats? Or Rice Cakes as my carb source with 50g of whey.....meal wont be for 2 hours post.....not you boost.......anyone else? Mav, what do u think?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalMass
    cytogainer seems to yeild fairly well results on me... very lean bulks considering not much of that nasty saturated fats. Tastes damn good too!
    Although I wouldnt have fats in my PWO nutrition there is nothing nasty about saturates. You realize that they are important in your diet as well right? Trans fats, sure those are not needed at all and I would avoid them, but saturates help with many things in your body including regulating proper thyroid function. So....nasty? I dont know how you came to that conclusion unless you are just parroting crap you hear other people say who dont know what they are talking about.

relax...it was an accident.......

For now, myoplex MRP? Oats? Or Rice Cakes as my carb source with 50g of whey.....meal wont be for 2 hours post.....not you boost.......anyone else? Mav, what do u think?
    Try both man. You are going to get many dif opinions on this so how are you even going to decide which opinion to take? Just try oats for a couple months than rice cakes for a couple months. Problem solved. That way instead of relying what Joe Shmoe said on the internet you will actually have real evidence based on your OWN experience.

Thnx!

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member

Would just oats and whey be the BEST alternative for a shake pw IF YOU couldn't get a meal in for 1.5-2.5 hours?
    why wouldnt you be able to get a meal in within 1.5-2.5hours of your workout, this doesnt make sense to me, buy yourself a shaker cup and mix a shake up for when your done your workout, then you wont even have to eat for another 2 or so hours. IMO oats are way to heavy for post workout, for me that is, i need to drink a liquid otherwise ill puke, and I wait about a 15-20mins to do so after my workout.

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    Columbus there is no best answer, we only have theories for a dominate PWO shake, but there are no facts about what is truely best, because everyone's body is different and operates differently, just experiment for some time and find out which one works best for you, exactly what C_Bino said

Maybe I'll use this as my log to see what works....if you see something to change, I'm all over it.....cytogainer seems like the right way to go, but like I said, I want to get rid of this whey first.

Day #1 Trained chest/abs no cardio
    Length - 90 mins

Preworkout 3/4ths cup oats
    6oz chx
    1 hour pre

15min pre
    superpump 1 scoop
    1 bottle super redline

train

PW FORMULA
    1.5 SCOOPS WHEY - 40G PRO
    SHAKE:
    1/4TH PACKET SF PUDDING MIX - 10 CARBS

3 CUPS SQUASH = 30G CARBS
    BROCOLLI, SPINNACH, ETC - 10G CARBS

feeling bloated as all hell 3 packets of stevia, pudding mix, 2 squirts sf vanila syrup - feels like i'm sitting on a ball, so bloated

**wanted to get rid of leftovers - tomorrow will try either rice cakes or oats**

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    I usually go with 2 scoops of whey in water along with 1 cup of oats and maybe a banana. Roughly 50grams prot and 75-80grams carbs.

Although I wouldnt have fats in my PWO nutrition there is nothing nasty about saturates. You realize that they are important in your diet as well right? Trans fats, sure those are not needed at all and I would avoid them, but saturates help with many things in your body including regulating proper thyroid function. So....nasty? I dont know how you came to that conclusion unless you are just parroting crap you hear other people say who dont know what they are talking about.
    Saturated fats are the ones in meat and milk. Wouldnt one like to consume liquid polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats?

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    Saturated fats are the ones in meat and milk. Wouldnt one like to consume liquid polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats?
    You want a combination of BOTH throughout the day. Both saturates and unsaturates are good for you.

But Im just saying in general, I was replying to the guy who said that the gainer doesnt have NASTY saturates. I was merely pointing out they arent nasty and in fact important. But yes I would not ever supplement with saturates, I only supplement with oils, which of course are unsaturates because saturates become solid at room temp and are not considered oils.

I do exactly what Superlift does, 2 scoops of whey a decent amount of oats with a banana, you got low GI and high GI carbs and i seem to recover nicely from this, i also take a scoop of cellmass but i am dropping the creatine after i am done with this container, i really don't think creatine is the answer and is a waste of money IMHO...but if i don't have oats i will have half a yam w/ 2 scoops of whey and a banana love those carbs pre+post+ppwo

but once again Columbus just a suggestion, it may not be the best answer for you, as everyone body is different, keep the log up it's a good idea, it will take some time though to see what truely works

You want a combination of BOTH throughout the day. Both saturates and unsaturates are good for you.

But Im just saying in general, I was replying to the guy who said that the gainer doesnt have NASTY saturates. I was merely pointing out they arent nasty and in fact important. But yes I would not ever supplement with saturates, I only supplement with oils, which of course are unsaturates because saturates become solid at room temp and are not considered oils.

Boy Bino - you know your shit bro........would love to have you in my corner.....ok, yesterday was a shit pw meal....same ol whey, veggies, but I had to get rid of the squash....it was enough carbs, but just coulda been faster.....that was chest day and a shitty session to boot....I got Back width today, you tell me what to hit pw and I'm all over it.....keeping in mind, I can't get a meal in for 2hours after that (which should be ok since we are using foods) and it's the final meal of the day........

I'm 163lbs and 8-9%

2 scoops of whey = 45g pro
    shoulda I go rice cakes at 12g per, 60 cals? PB style 1g of fat, but whole grains

or should I go oats, raw chewed and half in shake at 27g/ 1/2 cup?

Majority says Cytogainer is my best bet....I'm putting in an order or might go pick some up tonight.....that will make this eazy.....2 scoops and i'm out till prebed......any of these three will keep me pretty dry? I've also just becvome a pretty big fan of soymilk (1st gallon purchase yesterday) made some sf pudding and put some in my shake....good stuff! 8g carbs, 7g of sugar per cup.........bastards dont sell carb sense anymore!

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    I'm 163lbs and 8-9%
    You wrote this yesterday at an external site:

MONDAY APRIL 23, 2007
    Supersets…..feel really weak and ***leted…….trained delts yesterday so todays chest day was a mistake.
    I need a complete diet overall………

SCALE READ 158LBS AT 4PM………………****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gained 5lbs in one day? Congrats!

hahaha see what I mean !!!!!

FCUKING LIER!!!!!

got caught again!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva

MONDAY APRIL 23, 2007
    Supersets…..feel really weak and ***leted…….trained delts yesterday so todays chest day was a mistake.

lol hey MAV shoot me a pm with a ink to that post if you don't mind....

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva

MONDAY APRIL 23, 2007

ABSOLUTELY DID! My bw fluctuates between days and morning and night by 4-5 lbs everyday........esp. from am to pm........more water less water.....etc......my weight is anywhere from 160-165....yesterday was odd and prob. cause I was ill over the weekend.....

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Wow, that's quite the fluctuation in numbers. I sometimes feel as if I've gained/lost 5lbs in one day, but it's usually just a pound or two at most.

I call BS....1-2lbs tops has been heard of but 5?

come on man.....

Quote Originally Posted by boostedevo8
    I call BS....1-2lbs tops has been heard of but 5?

come on man.....
    you're an idiot...ok I'm lying...lol...dork....5lbs EASILY....mav, it's prob. due to hrt, missing meals, high fiber......

please refrain from speaking about whales......

I don't want to know about your fetishes

[QUOTE=boostedevo8]please refrain from speaking about whales......

I just happened to glance at your pics and that what was on my mind....lol....geeeezus....you do have balls......LOLLOLOLOL

hehe yeah well atleast I post full pics and I'm honest.....by the way I rather be chunky then look like I have a eating disorder like you....

you should get a tattoo saying fragile on you

Quote Originally Posted by boostedevo8
    hehe yeah well atleast I post full pics and I'm honest.....by the way I rather be chunky then look like I have a eating disorder like you....

you should get a tattoo saying fragile on you
    too each his own.......lol..........too each his own.......you arent even skinny fat.....just fat......cmon...work on it.

lol weak.....just weak.....try harder

Yeah now I gotcha ya. Polyunsaturated fats that are solid have been hydrogenated, the "derivative" of that is trans-fatty acid, which arent good. Like you said the unsaturated fats, in a liquid state are good and needed. Coming from nuts,vegetables and seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    Yeah now I gotcha ya. Polyunsaturated fats that are solid have been hydrogenated, the "derivative" of that is trans-fatty acid, which arent good. Like you said the unsaturated fats, in a liquid state are good and needed. Coming from nuts,vegetables and seeds.
    Prada - I was confused too.....sounds good....damn good info.

Today I trained back hard and heavy (for me anyways) great session........

then it was 40g whey/isolate
    5 rice cakes (choc pb..mmmmmmmm...........coulda eated 20)

Feelin slightly bloated due to ecessive sugar alchol but better than fiberous veggie meal.......tomorrow will be either cytogainer or true mass (I got 1 sample of each.....have you guys tried either? Reccomendations? Any heavy shakes?

Columbus just curious how much you deadlifting bro for how many reps??

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    im not trying be rude but why do we get same questions from regular members.
    sorry but it just amazes me of the repeated questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajc330
    Columbus just curious how much you deadlifting bro for how many reps??
    3pltes

yeah collar...I guess you are right.....I;ll start posting abiout how many posts i have (i.e. 4000?) and my business ideads on a bodybuilding board...I mean cmon bro...is it really bothering you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information