Ajc330 is offline Senior Member

Bulking questions please help

ok so i got a question, say it is saturday and it's an off day, and i am doing legs sunday, would you stock up on food on saturday lots of carbs and proteins even though i am not training until the next day? will my energy carry over to the next day? or will it all reset once i sleep for 6-8 hours and i have to rebuild all my energy for the day?

question 2: i am bulking trying to get up to 210 then cutting, currently
    5'11 and a 1/2 ... wei***ng mid 190's ... i did chest today and been eating like crazy, it is so nice out i want to play some ball, will it slow me down at all if i burn a few hundred calories playing some basketball or will i be using all my nutrients already?

sorry if these are "stupid" questions, thanks in advance for all the input

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    Personally i like eating more on off days to prepare for the next day training session. i have a very very high metabolism tho and on off days i can still eat 600-700g of carbs and not gain fat...so yes i think its a decent idea d e p ending on how fast ur metabolism is;

it is so nice out i want to play some ball, will it slow me down at all if i burn a few hundred calories playing some basketball or will i be using all my nutrients already?
    I realize not everyone out there is a bodybuilder and have other sports theyre interested but to be to the point, yes it can halt your muscle gains if you burn too much during those activities and dont get enough nutrition that day...

CD

llrockyll is offline Member
    just consider basketball ur cardio for the day thats all no biggy. get a meal in before u play and if u play hard a protein/carb shake afterwards. take it with u.

gigem is offline Banned
    yeah my metabolism is high as well i eat like crazy all the time esp on off days

thanks for the help guys!

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    ^^ hey im the same way, i like to "carb up" the night before if im limiting carbs,

nowadays i just eat a maintance dose of carbs everyday, if I get a few extra the day before ill just limit myself to only one or two low carb meals the next day because you right, you will store those unless you had an activity otherwise.

a teacher I had said that you burn yesterdays calories today.....

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    not to hijack, but ive always wondered why people who do high and low carb days to get lean choose to eat high carbs on training days, it would make more sense to me to do it the day before a training day,

of course on the flip side, in a weeks time, it all balances out, it dosent matter what days you ate such and such it matters how many you ate, what the sources were, and how much activity you had to create the deficit,

anyone else know what im saying and have any ideas. without hijacking to much????

go ahead and hijack you guys cleared up my questions

but feel free to add more info!

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDominate
    Personally i like eating more on off days to prepare for the next day training session. i have a very very high metabolism tho and on off days i can still eat 600-700g of carbs and not gain fat...so yes i think its a decent idea d e p ending on how fast ur metabolism is;

I realize not everyone out there is a bodybuilder and have other sports theyre interested but to be to the point, yes it can halt your muscle gains if you burn too much during those activities and dont get enough nutrition that day...

CD
    I agree. .. thats all i have to say ...

Thread Information