Prada is offline Anabolic Member

Calorie Calculators

If you need to determine the amount of calories one needs, I have two methods that I use. The first is using the famous Harris-Benedict formula the other is using the Katch-McArdle Formula. The difference? The latter actually takes into account your BF into consideration when determining daily calorie needs. Hence being slightly more precise. For example, a 200 lbs man having 7% BF has greater and different needs then a 200lbs man with 19% BF. My personal opinion is that the H-B forumla can be quite decent a** adequate for people within a "average" range of BF, however for individuals at either ends of the spectrum meaning >20%BF or <10%BF and trying to cut then it is better to utilize the K-M formula because it is more precise. In either case, neither one of them is an exact science some empirical values must be input. The H-B calculator I have is the one embedded in one of the stickies, the K-M is one that I found took some time but is user friendly, just plug and play, quite simplex. Thence if anyone needs one just PM and I will email it, its in Excel format.

GL

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanx for the effort and info,

much appreciated

No problem IITM,

I got your PM and sent it to the address provided.

To the others PM, I will send it shortly.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey Prada,

just tried it out...it was right on the money....with my stats I was cutting last time at 2700 cals and this formula confirmed it.... I am eating maintenance now at 3100-3200 and voila, this formula confirmed it as well...

all in all, very accurate and worth it....thanks for this, great aid for any diet plan

cheers

That good news IITM, happy that its working out for you. Remember its not an exact science so you might have to make very minor adjustments. Im guessing you used the Katch-McArdle Formula? Goodluck on your diet.

Thread Information