Abenaki Blood is offline Associate Member

What's the max amount of calories in shake should I consume...

Per day? Shake wise? I drink about 3,000 a day, is that too much? Don't want to waste the shakes if I am not going to retain it all? Someone said 3,000 was too much shake wise?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    You can take as much as you want just as long as you have all other nutrients accounted for. Fiber would be a good thing to monitor to because typically shakes are low in fiber unless otherwise noted. So if you start sh-tting bricks up your fiber. Also watch your vitamine intake to, a good multi-vit would be a safe investment.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    you drink 3000 cals?? what about wholefoods? sounds terrible to me..

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    you drink 3000 cals?? what about wholefoods? sounds terrible to me..
    I think I would have pretty bad gas if I did that.

I eat as well, I'm not saying I replace my meals lol. I weigh 135 lbs and I am trying to gain weight so I'm trying to hit 5500-6000 calories a day so I drink three scoops a day at 1,000 calories per scoop (serving).

And yes, I have been shitting a lot lately that's why I'm wondering if I am just shitting out my money lol.

crow13 is offline Banned
    what does the rest of your diet consist of?

renman8 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abenaki Blood
    I eat as well, I'm not saying I replace my meals lol. I weigh 135 lbs and I am trying to gain weight so I'm trying to hit 5500-6000 calories a day so I drink three scoops a day at 1,000 calories per scoop (serving).

And yes, I have been shitting a lot lately that's why I'm wondering if I am just shitting out my money lol.
    A 1,000 cals per scoop? What kind of weight gainer are you using? That sounds awefully high. I think that most people would agree that 3k from shakes each day would be too much. Most likely you need more natural food in there. Please post the 5500 - 6000 calorie diet.

GNC Mass XXX 980 calorie scoops with 2% milk. I will post my diet this week, I've been trying to get a consistant diet down. Friday is payday and I am going to buy in bulk as right now I've been kind of broke. (Raising a 2 yr old and a 4yr old as a single parent sometimes breaks the bank!)

renman8 is offline Junior Member
    GNC Mass XXX 980 calorie scoops with 2% milk. I will post my diet this week, I've been trying to get a consistant diet down. Friday is payday and I am going to buy in bulk as right now I've been kind of broke. (Raising a 2 yr old and a 4yr old as a single parent sometimes breaks the bank!)
    IMHO that GNC weight gainer is junk, loaded with sugar, and a rip off. Try Cytogainer and purchase online. I get 6lbs shipped for around $34. ~800 cals a shake and a superior weight gainer in general. Also tastes good. Try cookies and cream. Since you are broke, just FYI, GNC is about the most expensive place to buy designer supplements. Look online, there are tons of suppliers.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    you are drinking 3000 cals of sugar mate, that wont do naythinf except make you fat, sort the diet out and forget about those shitty mass gainers, they are for college kid wannabes....

Alright thanks for the info, I'll check out those other brands.

jsokcmo is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by renman8
    IMHO that GNC weight gainer is junk, loaded with sugar, and a rip off. Try Cytogainer and purchase online. I get 6lbs shipped for around $34. ~800 cals a shake and a superior weight gainer in general. Also tastes good. Try cookies and cream. Since you are broke, just FYI, GNC is about the most expensive place to buy designer supplements. Look online, there are tons of suppliers.

cytogainer is pretty good..

cookiemonstR is offline Associate Member

Ya, you should have a healthy mix of whole food and protien shakes as your body needs other nutrients that only whole foods can offer. That being said, if your trying to bulk up i dont see a problem drinking that many calories in shakes, but there is a few things to keep in mind. If you are going to drink those in shakes try to use protien powder and make your own bulking shakes. Those weight gainers are, imho, a waste of money. Mostly they are just refined sugars. Use Oatmeal, Milk (even 2% would be ok), Maltodextrin, Peanut Butter, Fruit, or other creative ideas for bulking.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    your broke cause your consuming so much protein shakes. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by collar
    your broke cause your consuming so much protein shakes. LOL

I thought the same thing after I made the post lol.

Thread Information