Thread: Bacon ??

mexicali is offline New Member

Bacon ??

how much bacon is ok to eat? I have a very high metab. and was wondering if eating a lot of bacon is going to pack on the fat or if i'll be ok.

mexicali

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I would stay away from Bacon, not only it can get you ass fat, but the fats it contains are unhealth in themself...could lead to trouble later on in life with type II diabetes, cardiac problems, strokes among other things…XXL

demetri is offline Member
    Lots of sodium in bacon. mmmmm good stuff though.

Pork rinds are just as tasty

I don't think that it'll pack on the pounds. It really depends on your diet. If you're low carbing it then you won't be putting on any fat. You may find yourself retaining lots of water. At least when you have your heart attack you'll be getting lasiks in the hospital.

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    Bacon is one of the worst foods you can eat. Unless you are on a keto diet I would avoid it altogether. If you ARE on a keto diet, I would only eat it sparingly. And ditto to what Mike said above about the saturated fats.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    Mex,
    If you are on keto, bacon can work well for you. Keep in mind that saturates are important to body function. Phospholipid cell membranes contain a polar head and two hydrophobic hydrocarbon tails. One tail is composed of unsaturated fats and the other is composed of saturated fats. The health risks from natural fats are overstated by the med. community IMO.

Much more important that you stay away from transfats, check ingredients for hydrogenated oils, they are 14 times more potent as a disease factor than saturated fats. (14 year Harvard study)

sonic is offline Female Member
    Turkey or pork?

williampowers is offline Junior Member
    Turkey bacon baked is the SHIIIITTTTT.
    2 egg beaters 2 slices of whole wheat toast 1 slice of american black pepper ketchup um um umoh and don't forget the oatmeal so I CAN BLAZE THRU TRAINING.

Outshined is offline Junior Member
    I eat bacon in moderation when doing a CKD(about 4 strips twice a week). The sodium can get out of hand if you go overboard. You are better off without it. I'm no where close to a competitive bodybuilder so I would take the other guy's advice. There are alot better choices of fats even when going keto. I smell bacon

BELLICOSE is offline Banned
    ummm...i'm eating bacon right now! Along with eggs, biscuits and gravy, and ham..........i love college

alevok Guest
    none

chinups Guest
    I just posted Turkey Bacon, I didn't see this. Whats the deal with it? Is it good or bad for you.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Bacon is on my no-no list!

Thread Information