Carb cycling dilemma

My goal is to stay at my current bodyweight, perhaps add a little lean muscle and shed some fat to bring my body down from around 15% fat to single digits.

I worked out my maintenance calories at 3105 per day.
    I want to carb cycle

For example:

Mon: 350g
    Tue 175g
    Wed: 50g
    Thurs: 350g
    And so on...

The question that's wrecking my mind is how on earth am I supposed to consume 3105 calories on a low carb day? I, as someone who is not a full time bb find that extremely difficult if not impossible. I may be exaggerating a little bit here but on a low carb diet day, I would have to consume something like 3 whole chickens, 6-7 cans of tuna, 30+ egg whites with whole eggs thrown in, and around 5 protein shakes!...Unless I stuff myself with fat!

Is there a way around this? A solution to this problem?
    Perhaps it's not always necessary to meet your maintenance calorie level?

Slaiv is offline Banned
    Your like my twin!!!

we are both trying to do the same thing!! and isnt it driving you crazy?!?! we have to eat these certain things at these certain days and these certain time of the week to get results and what not!!

bah!! i dont mind though, im getting some GREAT results!!

here i want you to read this!! i just finished reading every word and it is fantastic !!!

oh im sorry!!! i cant do that!!! just search for "carb cycling"

THEN, go here and check it out!!

www.fitday.com

put in all the food your going to eat everyday and it breaks it down for you by al the macros of all the food!! this chart is gold!!!

try it out and tell me what you think!!
    Last edited by Slaiv; 08-01-2007 at 09:45 PM.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    way too many calories first off. what are your stats?

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    way too many calories first off. what are your stats?

I worked them out using BMR & the Harris bennedict formula. Actually I even took some out!

5 ft 11", 210lbs, approx 15%bf
    Last edited by Toenail Juice Z; 08-02-2007 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaiv
    Your like my twin!!!

we are both trying to do the same thing!! and isnt it driving you crazy?!?! we have to eat these certain things at these certain days and these certain time of the week to get results and what not!!

bah!! i dont mind though, im getting some GREAT results!!

here i want you to read this!! i just finished reading every word and it is fantastic !!!

oh im sorry!!! i cant do that!!! just search for "carb cycling"

THEN, go here and check it out!!

www.fitday.com

put in all the food your going to eat everyday and it breaks it down for you by al the macros of all the food!! this chart is gold!!!

try it out and tell me what you think!!
    Not bad, although I mostly eat the same things every day and have the macros written down.

Thanks.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    u r 15% BF and u wanna get lower?! woooooow.....

i wish i was at 15% :'(

im at 24%

Quote Originally Posted by Slaiv
    u r 15% BF and u wanna get lower?! woooooow.....

i wish i was at 15% :'(

im at 24%
    Well here where I am at the moment, the summer temperature has been approximately 38-42 degrees celcius (over 100degrees farenheit) the last 2 months, so i've been trying to cut the last 6 months. I've been over 30% before!

yeah pretty high on the cals still. i'm 5'9" 207 and 7-8% and i was cutting on 2580. you should cut for your LBM. yours is roughly 180lbs. you could easily cut on 2200 cals.

remember, that when you cut carbs you need to up your protein. whey can help sub in for protein, and don't be afraid of fat. if you can eat 6 meals at around 350 cals you would be set.

bump.

Any suggestions on how to consume over 3000cals on a low carb day?

Perhaps it's not always necessary to meet your maintenance calorie level to stay at your current bodyweight? (Someone pls say yes.)

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    yeah pretty high on the cals still. i'm 5'9" 207 and 7-8% and i was cutting on 2580. you should cut for your LBM. yours is roughly 180lbs. you could easily cut on 2200 cals.

remember, that when you cut carbs you need to up your protein. whey can help sub in for protein, and don't be afraid of fat. if you can eat 6 meals at around 350 cals you would be set.
    Sounds great!

Yeah, I sure do up the protein. had 326g today. I just finished calculating all the macros for the day. The time is now 3.20 in the morning Today was a low carb day..Was supposed to be only 50g, but I ate 150...damn.

So cutting for LBM!! Makes things a lot easier. Thanks a lot.

novastepp

one last thing. While cutting for LBM; Lets say I reach a point where i'm 8% bodyfat with roughly the same bodyweight. Would that mean I would need to up the calories again? (since LBM will obviously be higher)

Sounds strange that the leaner you are, the more calories you need to stay that way.

I missed this..

The Harris Benedict Equation is a formula that uses your BMR and then applies an activity factor to determine your total daily energy expenditure (calories). The only factor omitted by the Harris Benedict Equation is lean body mass. Remember, leaner bodies need more calories than less leaner ones. Therefore, this equation will be very accurate in all but the very muscular (will under-estimate calorie needs) and the very fat (will over-estimate calorie needs).
    Guess I answered my own question.

I read this on another website.

The solution that I'll (finally) explain to you is called carb cycling, but it could also be called calorie cycling. It sticks to the basic theory of ingesting carbs only in the morning and after workouts. The only difference is that the amount of calories and carbs consumed will vary each day. What will this accomplish?

• It'll allow you to include maximum fat burning days and maximum muscle accumulation days in each week.

• It'll prevent metabolic slowdown by providing frequent caloric spikes.

• It'll favor long term success because it's relatively easy to follow, especially compared to the more restrictive ketogenic diets.
    It seems that the basic literature shows that on low carb days it's normal to ingest less calories.

yeah i think you got it right.

Thread Information