steveo_r33 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation 19yr 6ft 84 kgs 12%bf where to from here? dietwise!

Hey guys,

im 19 and bulked up from 72kgs to 88kgs last year and cut it down to about 84kgs and around 12% bf at the moment.

I am currently in the final few weeks of cutting up

After I am where I want to be lean wise, I would like to know what sort of diet should be used in order to increase lean muscle considering i want to stay lean year round.

For my cutting diet i was intaking

280gm pro / 150 - 200 carbs / 76 fats

cardio - 30 minutes 6x a week 60 - 70% h/rate zone

Now considering i would like to increase lean muscle and stay low bf%.

I am guestimating my intake would change to something like this:

320gm pro / 260gm carbs / 65 fats

and continue low intesity cardio 30 minutes 6 times a week at 60% h rate (around 140 - 147bpm)

I am going to be using sizeon and superpump 250 and i am looking for answers so I can then go and create my diet and post it for critique.

i am not a noob at all and read alot... I am natty btw.

thanks fellas

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I would simply up the carbs to at least 400g maybe more ***ending on how they effect you. Nutrient timing is important when taking carbs higher. I shoot to eat the main ammount of starchy carbs around breakfast and WO. I then taper carbs and increase fats throughout the rest of the day.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    I would simply up the carbs to at least 400g maybe more ***ending on how they effect you. Nutrient timing is important when taking carbs higher. I shoot to eat the main ammount of starchy carbs around breakfast and WO. I then taper carbs and increase fats throughout the rest of the day.

hey pB thanks for posting...atleast 400gms of carbs... that seems like a hugee amount.

Do you think that an intake of carbs this high with the cardio i have outlined above it will be enough to keep my bf% pretty much the same?

All my carbs are eaten breakfast... before gym and post workout...so i am doing it exactly the same... i then taper my carbs and eat pro / fat meals in between....

only sugars i consume are with the creatine.... I eat all low gi carbs.

Can anyone fill me in on the amount of fats i will need to intake? and is 320gm pro enough?

does anyone know the best time to be taking in colostrum? ive been chucking it in with my whey shake post workout and some when i wake up...

THANKS
    Last edited by steveo_r33; 06-10-2007 at 07:41 AM.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    320g pro is overkill IMO. you could frop to between 250-300. Carbs are essentail for building muscle. If your diet is on point and you train hard then the increase in lean mass (muscle) will raise your BMR (basal metabolic rate) which will keep you lean. Its all about the diet, too many cals = sloopy gains, carbs are your friend

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    320g pro is overkill IMO. you could frop to between 250-300. Carbs are essentail for building muscle. If your diet is on point and you train hard then the increase in lean mass (muscle) will raise your BMR (basal metabolic rate) which will keep you lean. Its all about the diet, too many cals = sloopy gains, carbs are your friend

yes I had figured 240 - 270 pro was enough for me daily although i work a 12 hour shift 4 days a week at night and that involved being up for almost 18 hours ... so thats where the extra meal is fitting in.....

I cant wait to start a high carb diet because im sick of lacking energy in the gym, and i know as soon as i start im going to be able to lift alot more and increase my strength gains really quickly which keeps you motivated.

I would consider myself to have an average BMR at the moment and mediumly carb sensitive.

Is there an actual method to determine the amount of fats im going to need?

I have been taking in 60 - 85 gms while cutting... would i generally need more or less fats for this diet...?

Thread Information