Thread: so hard...

J0k3R is offline Associate Member

so hard...

its so hard consuming over 3500 calories a day... even when i go on my natural stages like the first couple of weeks are fine but now i just look at food and i'm just disgusted.. is every day eating enough critical to the process in gaining weight?
    Last edited by J0k3R; 06-18-2007 at 07:57 PM.

sorel_C is offline Member
    UMMMMM.... yesssss

BuffDJ is offline Associate Member
    Your Damn right. Eat Eat Eat. I know it sucks. But it would be a total waste of money if you don't pound the food.
    Good Luck
    Buff

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    what's your diet like bro? it can be really enjoyable IMO. Check out the diet forum and get some ideas. I've been through the misery and realized later it doesnt have to be that way.

6:30 am = 8 waffles,

lift from 7-9

915 am = shake *consists of 3 eggs, ice cream, milk, bananas , wheat germ,

10:30 = family sized lasagna .. entire thing

1:45 = 3 grilled chicken sandwhiches

this is where it gets hard...

5pm = another lasagna family size

8 = i try to fill myself as much as i can with steak / pork ... whatever i feel like

and right before i go to bed i drink another shake...

its getting very old.. i'm trying different lasagnas but it just aint cuttin it!

so at the end of the day i'm barely gettin to 3500 cals and i'm pushin close to 325 g of protein and i'm tired of eating AGAIN!

Blog Entries
    well it sounds like you're definetely fitting in 3500 cals if not more. maybe switch up the pasta for rice dishes and fit some lighter but high calorie things in there somewhere like nuts.... and maybe more banannas in your shakes instead of ice cream. i'm sure you can get some ideas in the diet forum. don't quit now bro... keep shoveling...

Blog Entries
    you can boost it with a couple low sugar protien bars during the day too.

alright i will do, i'm just trying to find some sort of substitute for the lasagna for atleast a couple of days... its starting to look like throw up to me now! lol

Blog Entries
    i hear that. at least you're doing waffles in the AM... i like to shove 10 eggs and a bowl of grape nuts down my throat every morning when i'm gaining. i'm hurled over the sink force feeding by the 6th egg... not a pretty sight... LOL.. maybe try that too.... its a change anyway.. and the belching throughout the morning is priceless. good luck bro.

Youngdad0507 is offline New Member
    will the gear make you want to eat more, because looking at that eating schedule, i can never eat that much, hahha

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J0k3R
    6:30 am = 8 waffles,

lift from 7-9

915 am = shake *consists of 3 eggs, ice cream, milk, bananas , wheat germ,

10:30 = family sized lasagna .. entire thing

1:45 = 3 grilled chicken sandwhiches

this is where it gets hard...

5pm = another lasagna family size

8 = i try to fill myself as much as i can with steak / pork ... whatever i feel like

and right before i go to bed i drink another shake...

its getting very old.. i'm trying different lasagnas but it just aint cuttin it!
    No offense man, but your diet looks horrible. The suggestions I made are following a pro/carb diet. If you're pro/fat, which it doesn't look like you are either, then adjust it to your needs.

-Meal 1: Get rid of the waffles and use oats. Where's your protein? Try to consume this meal 1.5 hours prior to training. 30 minutes simply isn't enough time for digestion.
    -PWO shake: 1g carbs per kg of bodyweight, 50/50 blend of dextrose/maltodextrin. .5g protein per kg bodyweight hydrolized whey/whey isolates. Amounts may need to be tweaked to fit your body. Use trial and error to find what works for you.
    -PPWO Meal: Chicken & sweet/baked potatoes, possibly green veggies.
    -Meal 4: Lean protein of your choice/carb of your choice: sweet potato/baked potato/oats/brown rice, veggies
    -Meal 5: Same as Meal 4
    -Meal 6: Same as Meal 5
    -Meal 7: Casein protein & Flax seed oil.

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    This should be better served in the diet forum...

Second2None is offline Banned
    alright i will do, i'm just trying to find some sort of substitute for the lasagna for atleast a couple of days... its starting to look like throw up to me now! lol
    eat a can of no beans chili and a bag of rice. lasagna takes up to much room

Getinbgr is offline Associate Member
    Drop Lasagna. I'm assuming it's the frozen processed variety. Absolute garbage.

actually it is very high in calories and in protein with the amount i eat in the meal

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    I find that if I eat lots of breads and pastas I tend to bloat.

Lasagna noodles, bread from your sandwiches, waffles etc. Those things tend to expand with water consumption and could contribute to your inability to eat enough food.

Rather than grilled chicken sandwhiches, eat some grilled chicken and brown rice. Better carbs anyway and less filling.

Rather than waffles, eat grapenuts or another cereal (without processed sugars) with splenda. Just as many carbs and not as heavy or filling.

Add some protien to your breakfast. Eggs are good. Or at least rinse it down with a shake.

I buy eggs in 18 packs. I keep then in the fridge boiled and ready to go. A little salt and pepper and they are heavenly, even for breakfast. Way easy too. I can boil up 18 in about 30 minutes.

Eat some tuna. YOu can get carb free sweet relish and mayo that has canola oil or that is reduced fat to keep it more tasty and not totally blow your diet when used in moderation.

If I ate 8 waffles ANYTIME of day I think I would not feel like eating for several hours.

You are just eating too much volume and have some bad choices in there. Over all its not THAT bad. I wouldn't call it total garbage, but there is some cleaning up you could do to make it easier on you and better for you.

Stock is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kynetguy
    I find that if I eat lots of breads and pastas I tend to bloat.

Lasagna noodles, bread from your sandwiches, waffles etc. Those things tend to expand with water consumption and could contribute to your inability to eat enough food.

Rather than grilled chicken sandwhiches, eat some grilled chicken and brown rice. Better carbs anyway and less filling.

Rather than waffles, eat grapenuts or another cereal (without processed sugars) with splenda. Just as many carbs and not as heavy or filling.

Add some protien to your breakfast. Eggs are good. Or at least rinse it down with a shake.

I buy eggs in 18 packs. I keep then in the fridge boiled and ready to go. A little salt and pepper and they are heavenly, even for breakfast. Way easy too. I can boil up 18 in about 30 minutes.

Eat some tuna. YOu can get carb free sweet relish and mayo that has canola oil or that is reduced fat to keep it more tasty and not totally blow your diet when used in moderation.

If I ate 8 waffles ANYTIME of day I think I would not feel like eating for several hours.

You are just eating too much volume and have some bad choices in there. Over all its not THAT bad. I wouldn't call it total garbage, but there is some cleaning up you could do to make it easier on you and better for you.
    Great Advice. Eat smarter and all should be good!! Next cycle, add some Eq, and you will never feel full...

thx a lot kynetguy ,

there was a lot to eat there and i constantly felt full .... i appreciate it...

j0k3r

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    thx a lot kynetguy ,

there was a lot to eat there and i constantly felt full .... i appreciate it...

j0k3r
    NP, anytime. Unfortunately it seems at a glance, that the bread/pasta choices caused you to be feeling so full.

on ANY diet (bulking or cutting) if I was going to cut anything it would be in the carb area. (lots will disagree because you need the carbs for energy) Mainly because either diet you are trying to maintain or build muscle and protiens are essential for that.

You need need smarter carbs that don't bloat. Thow a waffle in a glass of water and call me in the morning. . .lol BLAH, I can feel it sitting there.

I especially like to eat lesser volumes in the morning. Breakfast kick starts the metabolism. And if you overload, (at least to me) you just never seem to be hungry as often. So I eat lots of protien, moderate carbs but low volume. Then in a couple hours I am ready to eat again.

You are eating lots of calories, but you are not eating often enough IMO. I would shoot for every two hours. You should be consming food before your body feels hungry. This will keep lots of nutrients in your system and your metabolic rate up.

Calories are good if you are bulking up. But don't eat calories just to eat calories. Look at what you are eating.

OH yes, EQ. Good tip there Stock. . .lol, you will never be full on EQ. You will have something in hand all the time.

alright, i'm gonna clean my diet up to what you suggested and see how that works for me, i appreciate it,

j0k3r

Thread Information