forgione is offline New Member

Cool Diet Critique..Simple, pretty much know what I'm doing, just need opinions

Hey guys. I used to be pretty dedicated as well as being an active member of this forum, don't even remember my old name actually. I'm a mixed martial arts fighter, but I think the bodybuilding diet regimen is the only way to go really as far as putting on mass/cutting fat. Here's the cutting plan I want to start up, let me know your opinions:

Meal 1: 1 1/2 Cup liquid egg whites, 1/2 cup oats, 2oz. lean meat protein [52gp, 27gc, 0gf]
    Meal 2: 2 Scoops whey, 2tbsp. flax oil [48gp, 6gc, 30gf]
    Meal 3: 7oz. lean protein, fibrous veggies, 1tbsp. flax [56gp, 0gc, 16gf]
    Meal 4: (PWO) 2 Scoops whey, 1 1/2 cups oats [48gp, 87gc, 2gf]
    Meal 5: (PPWO) 6oz. lean protein, 1/2 cup oats [40gp, 27gc, 2gf]
    Meal 6: 4oz. lean proten, fibrous veggies, 2servings natty pb [44gp, 14gc, 32gf]

288gp = 1152kcal
    161gc = 644kcal
    84gf = 756kcal

total: 2552kcal

I'm 18, 6' and about 190lbs., the nutritional calculator in the sticky told me i need about 3062kcal per day to maintain, so about 2562kcal to cut. i broke it down into a 45/25/30 p/c/f ratio, and thats how it worked out. sometimes the timing changes a lil bit because of my training/work schedule but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it. what do you guys think of it as a foundation?

thanks in advance
    ~forge

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    lose the whey in meal 2 and swap for real food. Add some carbs to meal 3 to energise you for WO.

good advice.. and i completely forgot about pre workout carbs. which meal do you think i can afford to lose carbs from so i can still keep my macros in check?

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Take some carbs from your PWO as it is quite high.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    I would switch meal 2 with meal 3. and add the oats from your PWO shake to meal 3 which is now meal 2.

IMO people think that carbs pre workout can make a big diff, If they are the right type and your workout is long and intense they can.

but more importantly, you have to realize that what you burn today is what you ate yesterday. Unless your on a very low carb diet, you could get by fine by not consuming any carbs pre-workout.

just my .02

TR'05 is offline Member
    Looks alright, bro. PB and MFT gave you some great advice.

A couple things, is your workout & training all at the same time? If so, I would highly suggest adding carbs pre workout/training (as mentioned). If it is seperated, whereabouts? Again, presumably, you're grappling, striking, rolling and the whole bit, in which case you need to work carbs into the mix prior to that.

What jumped out to me from what you had listed was:
    "Meal 2: 2 Scoops whey, 2tbsp. flax oil [48gp, 6gc, 30gf]"
    - IMO, this meal is the weakest in your plan. I'd highly recommend, as p'beast said, to replace with whole foods.
    -Further, I would suggest you add other meat varieties. If you have a balanced variety of meats in your diet, there should be no reason to supplement with so much flax oil. IMO, 30 grams of fat is too much here anyways.

just my 2 cents, as well.

well unfortunately i didnt really think that out as much. is it a complete sin to use the carbs i take in via PPWO as my pre training carbs? or should i just treat training like a lift and lift on the days that i dont train (i only train 3x a week right now cause my jobs conflicts with the other days, a 2hr session each time)

haha sorry if the ppwo question is completely ridiculous

whats the best way to work a training session in if i wanted to train on one of the days i lift?

TR'05 is offline Member
    Keep carbs PPWO. I don't know why you are so afraid of carbs bro...carbs will not slow down cutting progress- excess calories will.

i dunno haha i figured if i left my carbs too high my body would use the carbs for energy rather than stored fat. what i meant about the ppwo was, if i had training on that particular night that i was lifting, is it fine to train after my ppwo since it already has carbs rather than adding an extra pro/carb meal before my training for energy?

TR'05 is offline Member
    yah bro, then have some protein/carbs/relatively smaller amount of fat after your training session.

Thread Information