Cutting Diet. Pls comment and correct if needed.

Maybe i'm not patient enough, but i'm having a hard time with cutting. This carb depleted state really makes me feel shitty and the urge to eat something sweet comes way too often, but i don't endulge apart from a small once a week cheat session.

I'd really appreciate opinions, suggestions, flames and advice.

All protein shakes are drank with water.

Meal 1 morning: 2 cups oatmeal with skim milk, & protein shake (50g carbs, 35g protein)

Meal 2: A lrg can of tuna with 1 slice of bread. (30g protein)
    or tuna salad with plenty of different vegies (no fatty dressing whatsoever)

Meal 3: 4 ounces of chicken with cup of rice (35g protein)

Meal 4: PWO. The usual high simple carb drink followed by a double protein shake (2 scoops) (70g carb, 50g Protein)

Meal 5: 6 egg whites or 4 ounces of chicken again with either rice or a slice of bread. Maybe a fruit or 2 (30g protein)

Meal 6: Protein Shake.

I drink gallons of water and sweat like mad, and try to space my "meals" between 2-3 hours. Throw in the occasional sugarless coffee and diet coke.

Cardio: 2-3x/week for 35 mins fluctuating between 125-140 bpm.

One last thing..Probably many share the same problem: Before going to bed, i really crave for carbs and going to bed on an "empty" stomach really feels crap. Could I take in some oatmeal since it's low glycemic?, or shut up and be a man?

Stats: 5ft 11" 210lbs, approx 15-20% fat give or take.

That turns into approximately 200 grams protein, 80 grams Carbs, and 26 grams of fat. (I hope)
    Last edited by Toenail Juice Z; 07-25-2007 at 01:41 PM.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toenail Juice Z
    Maybe i'm not patient enough, but i'm having a hard time with cutting. This carb depleted state really makes me feel shitty and the urge to eat something sweet comes way too often, but i don't endulge apart from a small once a week cheat session.

I'd really appreciate opinions, suggestions, flames and advice.

All protein shakes are drank with water.

Meal 1 morning: 2 cups oatmeal with skim milk, & protein shake (Insert real food for protein here)

Meal 2: A lrg can of tuna with 1 slice of bread.
    or tuna salad with plenty of different vegies (no fatty dressing whatsoever)(Why bread? go with brown rice... and dont use nonfat dressings there loaded with simple sugars)

Meal 3: 4 ounces of chicken with cup of rice(insert 4 more ounces of chicken here)

Meal 4: PWO. The usual high simple carb drink followed by a double protein shake (2 scoops)(combine the high carb and protein drink here)

Meal 5: 6 egg whites or 4 ounces of chicken again with either rice or a slice of bread. Maybe a fruit or 2 (eat this within a half hour of meal 4)

Meal 6: Protein Shake.(substitute 8-12 ounces real food protein source here preferably higher fat sources red meat and such + may want to add a couple scoops of natural PB to the mix)

I drink gallons of water and sweat like mad, and try to space my "meals" between 2-3 hours. Throw in the occasional sugarless coffee and diet coke.

One last thing..Probably many share the same problem: Before going to bed, i really crave for carbs and going to bed on an "empty" stomach really feels crap. Could I take in some oatmeal since it's low glycemic?, or shut up and be a man?

Stats: 5ft 11" 210lbs, approx 15-20% fat give or take.
    Jesus eat something for christ sake...and figure out your macro's

EDIT: and you should probably drop the milk in the am go with water
    Last edited by soulstealer; 07-25-2007 at 01:12 PM.

soulstealer Thanks for the input. So you reckon i'm on a starvation diet.

soulstealer Thanks for the input. So you reckon i'm on a starvation diet.
    Pretty much bro... I have made the same mistake I think everyone prolly has....... you dont have to go to bed hungry man.... =P

P.S. Do some research into Carb cycling... thats where its at..

I just added my cardio routine. I should probably stick to 3 x a week or more.

Depends on how you feel I've done upwards of 9 1hour sessions a week.... If your natty though I would limit it to something like 5-6 sessions a week 1h max..

You gotta remember though cardio only helps burn extra calories the calories them selves will control your metabolism and weight loss.....

Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer
    Depends on how you feel I've done upwards of 9 1hour sessions a week.... If your natty though I would limit it to something like 5-6 sessions a week 1h max..

You gotta remember though cardio only helps burn extra calories the calories them selves will control your metabolism and weight loss.....
    soulstealer
    According to what I eat and the timing, I should be more or less fat free, but I still can't get rid of that lower a**omen gut and and need more muscle definition. It could be the age however. I'm 29; My metabolism has slowed down quite a bit. However, I'm not using any fat loss aids or supplements either.

soulstealer
    According to what I eat and the timing, I should be more or less fat free, but I still can't get rid of that lower a**omen gut and and need more muscle definition. It could be the age however. I'm 29; My metabolism has slowed down quite a bit. However, I'm not using any fat loss aids or supplements either.
    No dude according to what you eat you should be holding about 15%BF and making No strength gains in the Gym what so ever....

Your body is starving its holding on to the fat cause it thinks it should.... your retaining mass because of the weight training your body is slowing your metabolism!!!

You need to eat more... Check out carb cycling I am telling you..... first you need to make sure your carb sources are 90% Low GI foods except PWO and that you follow up your PWO shake with a meal when you get that done and Figure out you Macros And your maintenance caloric intake req's IE BMR+activity mod

Then you can move ahead and have high carb days and low carb days and the fat will melt off of you cause you will No longer be starving Sample:

300g Protein 50-60g Fat Per day

Mon: 350g Carbs
    Tues:175G Carbs
    Wed: 50G Carbs
    Thur:350G Carbs
    and so on and so forth..... That would be carb cycling for someone whos maintenance Calories were roughly 3000 Kcals a day and would cause 1lb of Fat loss per week roughly.

Thanks for waking me up bro!

When u think you know it all, a wake up call like this is what's needed!

Up until now, it was all guess work. I never used no harris benedict formula, didn't calculate anything. I would just go by instinct.

From now on, it's time to dust off the kitchen scales and do it right.
    Last edited by Toenail Juice Z; 07-25-2007 at 03:11 PM.

Your welcome man, just remember Harris benedict formula is just a guideline your body could react differently to carbs or fats or your metabolism could be a little faster or slower so you have to learn you body above all...

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer
    Your welcome man, just remember Harris benedict formula is just a guideline your body could react differently to carbs or fats or your metabolism could be a little faster or slower so you have to learn you body above all...
    Very good advice. People need to realize that we all react differently. And online calculators etc are not a subsititue for our own experience and trial and error. Why do you think you have to see a nutritionist and trainer so often? So they can asses where you are at and make necessary changes.

Just monitor yourself, no one else can tell how you are feeling. Play around with macros and what not and you will get the hang of it fairly easily.

HowIdo is offline Junior Member
    Damn man there is no doubt you are starving! Hah what are your stats bro, i mean you cant weigh more than 150 lbs eating that little bit.

Real quick you def need to figure out your BMR in order to correctly gauge the amount of calories needed every day. Simply Guessing will never get it done.

You def need to up your protein and fat intake. The right type of fats such as ***** 3s are helpful for various reasons such as Increasing insulin sensitivity, inflammation and thinning of the blood. So you dont want to completely stay away from fat.

Also 2 cups of oatmeal in the morning is overkill IMO even if muscle and liver glycogen stores are relatively empty. I would def stay away from carbs ( Even if they are low GI) at night as they will inhibit the release of Growth Hormone . Plus there are many other things to crave your hunger that would be more ideal such as cottage cheese, Almonds or a Casein Shake.

Hope this helps bro, take some time and get everything in order and post again!

Quote Originally Posted by HowIdo
    Damn man there is no doubt you are starving! Hah what are your stats bro, i mean you cant weigh more than 150 lbs eating that little bit.

Real quick you def need to figure out your BMR in order to correctly gauge the amount of calories needed every day. Simply Guessing will never get it done.

You def need to up your protein and fat intake. The right type of fats such as ***** 3s are helpful for various reasons such as Increasing insulin sensitivity, inflammation and thinning of the blood. So you dont want to completely stay away from fat.

Also 2 cups of oatmeal in the morning is overkill IMO even if muscle and liver glycogen stores are relatively empty. I would def stay away from carbs ( Even if they are low GI) at night as they will inhibit the release of Growth Hormone . Plus there are many other things to crave your hunger that would be more ideal such as cottage cheese, Almonds or a Casein Shake.

Hope this helps bro, take some time and get everything in order and post again!
    I posted my stats in the first post. Well after the helpful replies and some research, I'm definitely changing the lot, cause if I continued at this rate I'm sure I would be 150lbs in no time.

I already know about EFA's, and use flax and ***** 3 on a daily basis. The fatty acids at night help slow down the protein release, if for instance I only take a shake with water before bed.

Why do you think 2 cups of oatmeal in the morning is overkill. Wouldn't it be the perfect low gi fuel to start off a long day, after waking up in a depleted state?

Thanks for the advice bro. I've calculated everything, and I guess it will take trial and error to actually determine what my body actually needs just like soulstealer mentioned, but for now, I have nothing to go by, so the calculators & harris bennedict formula will be the base.

HowIdo is offline Junior Member
    Yes you are in a depleted state but 2 cups of oatmeal is roughly 600 calories and 110 carbs, add that into your protein and your looking at 1000 calories for breakfast and your trying to cut. Once your muscle glycogen and liver glycogen stores are full all those extra carbs are stored as body fat.

I would try to balance all your meals out such as if your consuming 2500 calories a day and eating 6 meals per day try having approximatley 420 calories in each meal! This will keep your insulin levels steady and which will promote fat loss. The only time you wouldnt want to worry about that is PWO. Just a suggestion man but you do whatever works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by HowIdo
    Yes you are in a depleted state but 2 cups of oatmeal is roughly 600 calories and 110 carbs, add that into your protein and your looking at 1000 calories for breakfast and your trying to cut. Once your muscle glycogen and liver glycogen stores are full all those extra carbs are stored as body fat.

I would try to balance all your meals out such as if your consuming 2500 calories a day and eating 6 meals per day try having approximatley 420 calories in each meal! This will keep your insulin levels steady and which will promote fat loss. The only time you wouldnt want to worry about that is PWO. Just a suggestion man but you do whatever works for you!
    Yes and NO in the fact that 2 cups of Oatmeal is on 92g of digestible carbs also Breakfast should be a nice sized intake of carbs and proteins like he is and the rest of them PRE and POST wokout with a decent amount of your fats being consumed at night

Thread Information