Fatty Maddie is offline New Member

My Introduction + First Diet, critique please (macros included)

Howdy, this is both an introduction, and a rough draft of my first diet - this post is LONG, if you want to just critique my diet, skip the next paragraph.

I intend to buy supplies and start this (or the revised form of it) diet Friday morning. So, responses would be terribly appreciated. My name is Madison, and I've been lurking here since 03, when I originally wanted to slim down, since then - I've managed to gain 27lbs, and become as sedentary as you could imagine. I'm a support analyst (computer programmer), and a massage therapist, neither of which require much activity, the bad thing is - a big part of school for getting certified as a massage therapist, is understanding how a happy body is a good looking body. My body is neither. I'm 6', and currently weigh in at 247. I'm unsure of my body fat (pics to follow). Well, it's time - as I said, in the years I've been reading these forums I've gone the OPPOSITE of the direction I want to go in, and I'm not happy, I'm ready to change, now, and work my ass off to do it. I'll be up front and realistic about my goals, and my motivation. Although I sincerely respect the huge guys on this forum and in gyms, I have no desire to be a body builder in the sense of the word that brings protein bottle labels to mind, I want to cut, drop off the weight, and then work back to the end result of being cut with some definition. I'm looking for troy/fight club abs a year from now, that's really my biggest goal, I want to be healthier and look the part. My motivation? I've become an immobile fat ass, I don't like being this way and I want to change, oh - and I've also been bet an obscene amount of money that I can't drop the gut by November 1st, and I do mean an obscene amount - so, not only am I looking to improve myself, there's a cash reward for doing it. So, on that note regardless of how long it takes, I'm committed - although, speedy results would be ideal - I don't know how logical dropping 3-4lbs a week is, but if it's possible - I'll do whatever is required (short of hurting myself).

This is how I look now, feel free to flame/make fun - I'm a fatty.
    [edited in 2009, pictures are long gone, new pictures attached to post #15..)

I've come upon, by the HB equation, that to maintain my current bodyweight(6' 247lbs), I would need 2865 calories a day, please tell me if this logic is flawed but, if 2500cals is roughly 1lb of fat, in a week, i would need 20k calories to sustain my current weight, so if I cut 5,000 calories from my diet a week, and burn roughly 1,000 a day in cardio, that would make up the 10k a week I would need to lose 4lbs a week, which would be my ideal goal. Is this correct, relevant, or possible?
    Currently I plan to do cardio first thing in the morning 5:30-6:30am - that's a best case scenario, it might not always happen that way, the best time for me to workout is after 6pm, any suggestions on whether it's okay to do workout after 6pm? If so, what should the spacing of the meals be? This is my first shot at a diet, please please please critique.

10 egg whites (Kcal: 164, Pro: 35, Carb: 3, Fat: 0)
    0.5 cup oats (Kcal: 156, Pro: 6, Carb: 27, Fat: 3)
    1 slice turkey bacon (to make the eggs not taste horrible) (Kcal: 53, Pro: 4. Carb: 0, Fat: 3)

4.5oz chicken (Kcal: 191, Pro: 36, Carb: 0, Fat: 4)
    0.5cup wild rice (Kcal: 83, Pro: 3, Carb: 17, Fat: 0)

1 can tuna (Kcal: 382, Pro: 84, Carb: 0, Fat: 3)
    1 cup vegs (1/2 carrots 1/2 broccoli) (Kcal: 36, Pro: 2, Carb: 8, Fat: 0)

4oz Turkey (Kcal: 175, Pro: 33, Carb: 0, Fat: 4)

Workout

5 PWO
    2 scoops protein (Kcal: 224, Pro: 17, Carb: 27, Fat: 5)
    2 oz dextrose: (Kcal:224 Pro:0, Carb:56, Fat:0)

6 PPWO
    1 cup whole what pasta w/ tomato sauce (Kcals: 257, Pro: 10, Carb: 53, Fat: 3)

Totals: Kcal:2384 Pro:304 Carb:208 Fat:34

Thanks, and sorry for the long post!
    Last edited by Fatty Maddie; 01-27-2009 at 01:29 PM. Reason: remove dead links

thedoctordavo is offline Junior Member
    I take the turkeybacon out of meal one and switch either meal 2 or 3 to a Pro Fat meal with some flax.

Stick to it bud and start up a journal and you'll have pleanty support. Stick with it and if you need any support or help lemme know man, I'm just starting on a cutter myself.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    not bad!! pretty impressive!!

and YES !! Cardio in the AM is GODLY for body fat loss !!

i lost 23lbs in 2months of doing it!! not bad eh

but i have a question....

i know its good to have carbs AFTER a good hard workout, since your body is in a catabolic stage... but for the pre workout..... what should your main focus be?

high protein? high carbs? or both?

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Maddie
    Howdy, this is both an introduction, and a rough draft of my first diet - this post is LONG, if you want to just critique my diet, skip the next paragraph.

I intend to buy supplies and start this (or the revised form of it) diet Friday morning. So, responses would be terribly appreciated. My name is Madison, and I've been lurking here since 03, when I originally wanted to slim down, since then - I've managed to gain 27lbs, and become as sedentary as you could imagine. I'm a support analyst (computer programmer), and a massage therapist, neither of which require much activity, the bad thing is - a big part of school for getting certified as a massage therapist, is understanding how a happy body is a good looking body. My body is neither. I'm 6', and currently weigh in at 247. I'm unsure of my body fat (pics to follow). Well, it's time - as I said, in the years I've been reading these forums I've gone the OPPOSITE of the direction I want to go in, and I'm not happy, I'm ready to change, now, and work my ass off to do it. I'll be up front and realistic about my goals, and my motivation. Although I sincerely respect the huge guys on this forum and in gyms, I have no desire to be a body builder in the sense of the word that brings protein bottle labels to mind, I want to cut, drop off the weight, and then work back to the end result of being cut with some definition. I'm looking for troy/fight club abs a year from now, that's really my biggest goal, I want to be healthier and look the part. My motivation? I've become an immobile fat ass, I don't like being this way and I want to change, oh - and I've also been bet an obscene amount of money that I can't drop the gut by November 1st, and I do mean an obscene amount - so, not only am I looking to improve myself, there's a cash reward for doing it. So, on that note regardless of how long it takes, I'm committed - although, speedy results would be ideal - I don't know how logical dropping 3-4lbs a week is, but if it's possible - I'll do whatever is required (short of hurting myself).

This is how I look now, feel free to flame/make fun - I'm a fatty.

I've come upon, by the HB equation, that to maintain my current bodyweight(6' 247lbs), I would need 2865 calories a day, please tell me if this logic is flawed but, if 2500cals is roughly 1lb of fat, in a week, i would need 20k calories to sustain my current weight, so if I cut 5,000 calories from my diet a week, and burn roughly 1,000 a day in cardio, that would make up the 10k a week I would need to lose 4lbs a week, which would be my ideal goal. Is this correct, relevant, or possible?
    Currently I plan to do cardio first thing in the morning 5:30-6:30am - that's a best case scenario, it might not always happen that way, the best time for me to workout is after 6pm, any suggestions on whether it's okay to do workout after 6pm? If so, what should the spacing of the meals be? This is my first shot at a diet, please please please critique.

10 egg whites (Kcal: 164, Pro: 35, Carb: 3, Fat: 0)
    0.5 cup oats (Kcal: 156, Pro: 6, Carb: 27, Fat: 3)
    1 slice turkey bacon (to make the eggs not taste horrible) (Kcal: 53, Pro: 4. Carb: 0, Fat: 3)

0.5cup wild rice (Kcal: 83, Pro: 3, Carb: 17, Fat: 0)

i would drop the rice here and eat some green veggies

1 can tuna (Kcal: 382, Pro: 84, Carb: 0, Fat: 3)
    drop the carrots and up the broccoli to 1 cup on both of these.
    carrots have too much sugar for dieting.

Workout

5 PWO
    2 scoops protein (Kcal: 224, Pro: 17, Carb: 27, Fat: 5)
    2 oz dextrose: (Kcal:224 Pro:0, Carb:56, Fat:0)

6 PPWO
    1 cup whole what pasta w/ tomato sauce (Kcals: 257, Pro: 10, Carb: 53, Fat: 3)
    i would lower the WW pasta to 1/2 or less and eat green veggies!

Totals: Kcal:2384 Pro:304 Carb:208 Fat:34

Thanks, and sorry for the long post!
    eat lots of broccoli and green fibrous vegetables they help will make you skinny.

good luck!
    Last edited by naturalsux; 08-07-2007 at 07:46 PM.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Welcome, and good luck man. Keep us posted.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    welcome to ar.... best of luck to you on the diet....

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    my advice to you is to just eat less than you always did and ease your way into this. no overnight miracles, no weight loss pill scams... just ease your way into eating less garbage, and eating smaller healthier meals more often.

at this time you need to start exercising and getting into a different mindset. good luck.

Howdy,
    Thanks for the responses thus far, I'm looking at alternatives for carrots, they were an attempt to offset the blandness of broccoli, if I have to tough it out I will, I'll see what other green things I like and substitute. I'll also cut the whole wheat in half and add a half a cup of veggies to that meal. I will repost the whole diet/macros once I work out what I want to sub out.

That said,
    Novastepp, I see you've been here for a very long time and I'm not against good advice, please don't think me questioning you comes across as that but, why exactly do you advise against going full steam ahead into a healthy diet? I can only assume you're trying to help me avoid a crash and relapse into a bad diet, or that you're trying to warn me if I dive into it, my body is going to be extremely unhappy at first. I'd just like a little elaboration on why exactly I should ease into it as opposed to switch my diet, I'm ready to not eat sh!t.

Howdy,
    Thanks for the responses thus far, I'm looking at alternatives for carrots, they were an attempt to offset the blandness of broccoli, if I have to tough it out I will, I'll see what other green things I like and substitute. I'll also cut the whole wheat in half and add a half a cup of veggies to that meal. I will repost the whole diet/macros once I work out what I want to sub out.

That said,
    Novastepp, I see you've been here for a very long time and I'm not against good advice, please don't think me questioning you comes across as that but, why exactly do you advise against going full steam ahead into a healthy diet? I can only assume you're trying to help me avoid a crash and relapse into a bad diet, or that you're trying to warn me if I dive into it, my body is going to be extremely unhappy at first. I'd just like a little elaboration on why exactly I should ease into it as opposed to switch my diet, I'm ready to not eat sh!t.

asparagus, caul***ower, kale,all greens, brussels sprouts, green beans are all excellent choices, and spray butter helps with taste.
    good luck and stay motivated. obese ppl are weak you are strong remember that.

i can only assume that your mind will over power your body a few many times in the beginning and i personally would take it a bit slower just so you can find your groove with dieting and training so you can then become more dedicated. i am not questioning your ability to work hard and eat right in any way. it is just a personal opinion. if you are ready to go then yes, diet down, and do cardio every morning for 45 mins to an hour. be sure to keep your cals up high around your maintenance for a while so you can first adjust to healthy eating 6-8 times a day along with all the cardio you'll be doing. after a few weeks i would start dropping the cals so you can then further fat loss. happy cutting my man.

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    Howdy,

That said,
    Don't worry about the carrots man. If they help you stick to the diet, thats all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by tretch187
    Don't worry about the carrots man. If they help you stick to the diet, thats all that matters.

Good point.

Fatass here,
    I posted this a year and a half ago, since then I've made progress...

In the wrong direction. Shortly after my decision to get in shape, my shit took a turn for the worst, my father passed away which brought about major family issues, my (now ex) girlfriend is a worthless whore, et cetera. I've sat and vegetated for a year, so now I'm this charming 6' 268lbs of gelatinous failure. I know that my circumstances are not to blame, I am for being weak, and I plan to change today. The original pictures I posted are no longer up (that host is long gone.) I will post new pictures tonight.

I'm utterly ashamed and disgusted at myself and my lack of any form of will power or even a slight hint of self decency, I'm the fat sack of shit that watches 1000LB people on TLC laughing while eating an entire pizza, and that's not what I want to be.

I think that the original diet I posted is a good diet, but I know that I won't stick to it, I can't eat Tuna, it literally makes me physically ill, like I shit water the next day - I don't mean I have diarrhea either, I mean fountains of brown water shoot out of my ass with reckless abandon, often causing me to grab hold of the towel rack and pray to god all mighty, for these brief moments, I am a christian. I also have been trying to eat turkey for the last few days, I don't like it at all. It doesn't cause the Old Faithful side effects to my poor bum, but if I had to eat it every day I would probably cry.

You guys were terribly helpful before, and I honestly feel like I've let the few who posted here down, as well as myself. I'm going to do this! I plan to update this thread evey week on the dot with my progress, and to keep a separate log of everything I eat. If you have any suggestions to alter my original diet, ESPECIALLY if you have alternate ideas for the turkey/tuna portions of said diet, I would be GREATLY appreciated.

I also today plan on trying to figure out how I'm going to prepare 'meals' out of these things. Although I'm sure I just need to cook everything plain and eat nothing other than whats listed in the diet. (No crescent rolls with dinner et cetera).

You were helpful the first time, and now I beg of you, help me again. I'll do it this time.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    I would not deplete your calories as low as prescribed in the diet. The food choices are good, but a your size, you will make a lot headway just by switching to a clean healthy diet and exercising. Read post 10 by Nova... He nailed it imo... Good luck and keep us updated

Quote Originally Posted by fit4ever180 View Post
    I would not deplete your calories as low as prescribed in the diet. The food choices are good, but a your size, you will make a lot headway just by switching to a clean healthy diet and exercising. Read post 10 by Nova... He nailed it imo... Good luck and keep us updated
    I definitely took everything Nova (and others) took as serious and good advice, you're both probably right in that I'll have to eat more than listed to avoid going crazy, but I'm hoping that if I stock my fridge with nothing but the items listed in my diet, that even if I am weak and eat an extra meal, it won't be a big mac with extra cheese.

As promised, these are pictures of my current state. I've purchased everything in my diet (with the exception of turkey, I didn't see any turkey I really convinced myself I could eat...) and a LOT of green veggies, mostly broccoli. I've also as of yesterday (I know that's not a big accomplishment) stopped drinking soda, I averaged about 5-6 20oz cokes a day, I'm sure that alone will have a positive effect on my health.

I still look forward to and would appreciate any input or advice, and as promised will be updating this thread with pictures of my progress on every Tuesday, until I reach my goal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Introduction + First Diet, critique please (macros included)-1.jpg   My Introduction + First Diet, critique please (macros included)-2.jpg  

you're in a good place my friend. stick with it. what is your training going to be like?

good for you man... if you drank that much soda per day, you're probably going to have some withdrawls from it as well, but they will subside after a couple weeks

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    you're in a good place my friend. stick with it. what is your training going to be like?
    Thanks nova,
    I honestly won't have access to much equipment, I plan on my cardio either being running/jogging (I hope it to be running, but I'm pretty sure I can't run for an hour straight, not yet, but I won't go below jogging) outside weather permitting, or on a treadmill. The catch is that I don't have access to a nearby gym so, my my tools for workout include a treadmill, a universal machine (a fairly decent one, but still...) and my personal creativity (I'm open to suggestions.)

I'm not in the boonies or banned from local gyms, however I currently own TWO gym memberships at gyms that are about 40 miles away (both of which won't allow me to cancel my membership if I'm not more than 50 miles away, apparently 80 miles round trip is an acceptable commute), and although I'm seriously committed to this, I just can't see paying 3 gym memberships...

Quote Originally Posted by fit4ever180 View Post
    good for you man... if you drank that much soda per day, you're probably going to have some withdrawls from it as well, but they will subside after a couple weeks
    I've been having wicked headaches, I'm assuming it's caffeine withdrawal, not that I'm a week into it or anything but, no temptation to stray from the path so far, and nothing to drink but water.

Way to go bro! Yes, I'm sure the caffeine is a part of the headaches at least. I would imagine that you probably ate alot more sugars and greasy foods as well... As these cleanse from your body, they may also add withdrawl like symptoms... That happened to me when I first decided to get in shape.

garythompson is offline Associate Member
    ive read most of your posts and first of all it sucks to have all that happen. stuff like that can definately put a toll on you. I know how it feels. But I think it's great that you're focusing on something to work towards to change yourself. even if it wasn't getting into shape it's always good to have something to work towards. It sounds like you're going at it hardcore. Just don't bite off more than you can chew and lose motivation. it's always easy to get motivation but hard to keep it. good luck man.

Thread Information