Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member

Thanks for shattering my dreams

Hey Bros-
    I've been prowling this site for about 6 months now learing all I can. I finally think I'm about ready for a first post. I first came to this site because I've heard what a miracle-worker steroids are, and i couldn't wait to get started with them. I've since learned I'm nothing more than a baby that's just starting to take a few shaky steps, and here i am thinking i'm ready to run a marathon. I was admittedly a little disappointed to realize that i was incorrect in a lot of my assumptions. I understand now that where i really need to begin is my diet. Once I have that under control, and I'm making gains and losing BF. Maybe then I might be ready to take the next step, but I thank you all for bringing me this far and opening my eyes. The hardest part so far for me has been the enormous life-style change required to positively impact my body. Hats off to all of you for your passion, dedication and self-control.

Anyways, I am 24 years old, 6'2", 250 lbs. I've been lifting regularly for about 7 years. I'm not sure what my BF% is at this point, my legs are pretty ripped, but I've got a little bit of a belly, and my upper body isn't quite where i would like it to be. I would be willing to buy a custom diet from one of you vets, however 1st I'd like to post mine just to see how far off base I am exactly. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've only recently begun the physical and mental journey necessary to make the most out of what God's given me, and I'm still pretty ignorant, but i've used the guidelines i've found here to begin my diet. Thank you all in advance, I look forward to someday helping guide those like me that are new and heading down the same path that we all are.

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to AR bro

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    welcome and good luck man..

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Welcome man.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome and good luck!

OK guys, here's what I have been going by for my diet. It's a little weird because I work everyday from 3pm till 2-3 am. I do my lifting after work, so I'm really not sure how much or what to eat post-work out, since I go to bed not too long after working out...

Meal 1-
    2 eggs (whole) 1/2 cup oatmeal w/skim milk.

Cardio- Jog/run 20-30 mins

Meal 2- (1st break at work)
    veggies, protein shake

Meal 3 (Lunch Break)
    Steak or Chicken Breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, veggies, Flax oil

Meal 4 (pre-work-out)
    Tuna sandwich on whole wheat, fat free cottage cheese.

Post Work Out-
    Protein shake, flax oil, Small serving of Brown rice with veggies, nuts/seeds

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02
    OK guys, here's what I have been going by for my diet. It's a little weird because I work everyday from 3pm till 2-3 am. I do my lifting after work, so I'm really not sure how much or what to eat post-work out, since I go to bed not too long after working out...

Meal 1-
    2 eggs (whole) 1/2 cup oatmeal w/skim milk. Not enough protein

Cardio- Jog/run 20-30 mins

Meal 2- (1st break at work) lose the shake use whole foods
    veggies, protein shake

Meal 3 (Lunch Break)
    Steak or Chicken Breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, veggies, Flax oil good

Meal 4 (pre-work-out)
    Tuna sandwich on whole wheat, fat free cottage cheese. there are better options out there than bread IMO but if you must then this isnt so bad

Post Work Out-
    Protein shake, flax oil, Small serving of Brown rice with veggies, nuts/seeds
    Not good, add some carbs to shake and lose the fats in this meal.

Not nearly enough food IMO. I would add another meal in here after the PWO meal. Add up cals/macros so we can comment in full....

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    see if you can't find the bulking sticky atop the diet questions page. i think it will give you a good starting point. for being 250 at over 6 feet you aren't eating enough IMO.

welcome to AR

biodiversity is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    see if you can't find the bulking sticky atop the diet questions page. i think it will give you a good starting point. for being 250 at over 6 feet you aren't eating enough IMO.

welcome to AR
    i am 6.2 or 6.3 and i am 183 lbs , you made me feel skinny!!! lol

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by biodiversity
    i am 6.2 or 6.3 and i am 183 lbs , you made me feel skinny!!! lol
    do you prefer thin???

haha j/k

eat.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    it's nice to see reasearch been done first cograts mate and welcome
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by stocky121
    it's nice to see reasearch been done first cograts mate and welcome
    right on!!!

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Wow - you weigh 250 and that's all you eat?

Congrats on your attitude - you will learn and build a better body with the knowledge contained within this awesome site.

If you can't find the answers by searching please ask us - people who acutally listen will find members happy to help.

needsomehelp is offline Associate Member
    good stuff. You'll love it here.

Thanks for the feed-back gentlemen, I will add up the calories/macros tonight, as I am at work right now, (it's hard to sneak away for too long lol) and I will then post a revised and more complete diet for critiquing. I'm very excited to have all of your collective knowledge and encouragement at hand. It's that sort of thing that gives me strength and keeps me focused. Thank you once again.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Thanks for the feed-back gentlemen, I will add up the calories/macros tonight, as I am at work right now, (it's hard to sneak away for too long lol) and I will then post a revised and more complete diet for critiquing. I'm very excited to have all of your collective knowledge and encouragement at hand. It's that sort of thing that gives me strength and keeps me focused. Thank you once again.

You have come to the right place my friend..look to the future and never look back.

Post up those totals and we will tear it apart for you. And best of all, its FREE!
    ***No source checks!!!***

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Welcome man!!!

OK guys here's revision #1, I'm a bit baffled in a couple places, I'll explain in a little more detail where and why in the post:

Breakfast-
    4 eggs, whole (148 calories, 16g Protein, 8g fat)
    1/2 C Oatmeal in water (147 calories, 6g Protein 2g fat, 25g carbs)

Breakfast total: Calories:295 Carbs:25 Fat:10 Protein:22

Meal Two- (This is at my first break at work)
    Broccoli & Caul***ower (raw, 2 servings) (56 calories, 11g carbs, 5g protein)

I think I need some more protein in this meal... something to take with me to work, Jerkey? Too much sodium? Suggestions?
    Meal 2 total as-is:
    Calories: 56 Carbs: 11 Protein: 5

Meal 3- (Lunch Break)
    Trimmed fat top blade steak (may substitute Chicken Breast in comparable proportions) (785 calories, 57g fat, 64g protein)
    1 cup Long grain brown rice (108 calories, 1g fat, 23g carbs, 3g protein)
    Steamed veggies (Is sauteed in Olive Oil OK too?) (31 calories, 6g carbs, 3g protein)
    Flax Oil
    Total for Meal 3- Calories: 924 Carbs: 29 Fat: 58 Protein: 70

Meal 4 (This is after I get done with work at 2 or 3 in the morning, It is also Pre-Workout)
    1 can Tuna w/Avacado and salsa (Thanks ckyass, that rocks) (332 calories, 23.5g fat, 44g protein, 21g carbs)
    Fat free cottage cheese (123 calories, 1g fat, 3g carbs, 25g protein)
    EAS Phosphagen Elite Creatine drink (140 calories, 34 carbs) (Is this a good idea, or a bad idea....)

PWO- I'm not sure what to do here. I uinderstand how important PWO nutrition is, but I usually go to bed within about 2 hours of working out, since i usually don't get done with my work out till like 4am or so... Should this have any impact on what i eat at that time?
    Right now I'm just having my protein drink:
    BSN True Mass in skim milk (calories 833, fat 27g, carbs 92g, protein 68g)

This brings my daily totals as follows:
    Calories: 2690 Carbs: 181g Fat: 118.5g Protein: 234g

I completely understand what a mess this is guys, I really am trying though and you are all very much appreciated for taking your valuable time to slap some sence into this Newbie

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    OK guys here's revision #1, I'm a bit baffled in a couple places, I'll explain in a little more detail where and why in the post:

Breakfast-
    4 eggs, whole (148 calories, 16g Protein, 8g fat)
    1/2 C Oatmeal in water (147 calories, 6g Protein 2g fat, 25g carbs)

Breakfast total: Calories:295 Carbs:25 Fat:10 Protein:22

Meal Two- (This is at my first break at work)
    Broccoli & Caul***ower (raw, 2 servings) (56 calories, 11g carbs, 5g protein)

I think I need some more protein in this meal... something to take with me to work, Jerkey? Too much sodium? Suggestions?
    Meal 2 total as-is:
    Calories: 56 Carbs: 11 Protein: 5

Meal 3- (Lunch Break)
    Trimmed fat top blade steak (may substitute Chicken Breast in comparable proportions) (785 calories, 57g fat, 64g protein)
    1 cup Long grain brown rice (108 calories, 1g fat, 23g carbs, 3g protein)
    Steamed veggies (Is sauteed in Olive Oil OK too?) (31 calories, 6g carbs, 3g protein)
    Flax Oil
    Total for Meal 3- Calories: 924 Carbs: 29 Fat: 58 Protein: 70

Meal 4 (This is after I get done with work at 2 or 3 in the morning, It is also Pre-Workout)
    1 can Tuna w/Avacado and salsa (Thanks ckyass, that rocks) (332 calories, 23.5g fat, 44g protein, 21g carbs)
    Fat free cottage cheese (123 calories, 1g fat, 3g carbs, 25g protein)
    EAS Phosphagen Elite Creatine drink (140 calories, 34 carbs) (Is this a good idea, or a bad idea....)

PWO- I'm not sure what to do here. I uinderstand how important PWO nutrition is, but I usually go to bed within about 2 hours of working out, since i usually don't get done with my work out till like 4am or so... Should this have any impact on what i eat at that time?
    Right now I'm just having my protein drink:
    BSN True Mass in skim milk (calories 833, fat 27g, carbs 92g, protein 68g)

This brings my daily totals as follows:
    Calories: 2690 Carbs: 181g Fat: 118.5g Protein: 234g

I completely understand what a mess this is guys, I really am trying though and you are all very much appreciated for taking your valuable time to slap some sence into this Newbie

I will add more later but you are not eating enough, 2,690kCals is way to low.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Thread Information