Thread: Morning Food

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member

Morning Food

Okay, well my buddy and I are about to start school (if I'm accepted I'm gunna join Air Force after first semester). Anyways, he wants to be my gym partner but work out in the mornings before class. Now, I never have worked out in the morning and was wondering what's something to snack on when I wake up, so that 45 minutes to an hour later I can have energy for the gym? I just want something little to snack on that'll give me energy, as well as my NO-Shotgun... I plan on having my shake and "main" breakfast" after the workout...

oh come on... 1 out of 16 people has to have some idea, lol... Should it be fattening? Sugary? What!?

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018
    oh come on... 1 out of 16 people has to have some idea, lol... Should it be fattening? Sugary? What!?

they only answer certain questions lol. i would say some fast acting carbs with some protein. i remember when we had morning workouts in college i would have a big bowl of mix fruit and 30-50grms of whey protein and would take some kind of sports drink with me.
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 08-12-2007 at 01:21 AM.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    eat w/e you would normally eat before you work out complex carbs and some eggs or lean meat

/end thread

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    thats stupid, he only have 45min before workout and if the workout is high int lifting and running it wouldnt make any sense.
    explain why you say that...

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    lawman, go w/ Godkilla.

you need carbs and protein. i would take down a cup of oats 12 egg whites and an apple. the apple will elevate your blood sugar, the oats are a good long-term carb source for the weight training and the protein is there to help with muscle cell stimulation and repair. your body will begin digesting your meal about 6 minutes after you eat it. so eat up.

a good rule of thumb about eating a pre-workout meal is, you should eat as much as you can, as close to your workout as possible without feeling sick during the workout.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    explain why you say that...
    because i am a pro athlete and know what i eat before our intense strength and speed workouts, shit i have breakfast at 830am if i have a 10am workout and my breakfast usually include 2ser oats, 1 banana, 50grm of whey then i will take 2ser of accelerade sports drink to the workout which have carbs, bcaa. the key is to eat just enough to get through the workout and not more.

having whey b4 a workout is not an option for me really. i aint gonna have whey for breakfast/pre workout because after i workout i am gonn ahave whey for my pwo shake. so unless i wanna be whey man, i eat a meal b4 i workout. meal, workout, pwo shake, pwo meal. otherwise, i aint even going to the gym

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    if you only have 45 mins before your workout i would eat some fruit..........
    i would have some blended oats with some whey..and drink that down and eat some fruit...........

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

just wake up earlier if you dont got enough time to cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Booz
    if you only have 45 mins before your workout i would eat some fruit..........
    i would have some blended oats with some whey..and drink that down and eat some fruit...........

thanks Booz. at least someone knows there shit.

Alright thanks for your replies guys, and agruments, and name calling...

i thnk it comes down to dedication really. if your dedicated youll make time to cook your meals and eat them. everybody has all the time in the world to inject themselves with steroids and do curls in the squats rack, but waking up in the morning with sufficient time to eat a proper breakfast/pre workout meal is just to much i guess

Thread Information