novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?

nOva's *new* MASS diet

i just sat down today and created a bulking diet that i am going to follow this fall. i love fall because of my structured class schedule and my teaching schedule is structured too. my human biology class always loves the fact that i bring in food and eat while i teach. in any case, this is a bulking diet for myself that will vary in some degree in food choices but not necessarily in calorie intake. if anything were to change with the calorie intake...i would be eating MORE. i eat this way on a bulker because i have done it before successfully and it is always best to do what works for your individual body. i will be using a (PRO/CARB/FAT) approach. oh and if you don't listen to bloodsimple... you should start!

Stats: 5'9" 204lbs 8-9% bf. I've been training hard for a few years now with a solid dietary eduation.

-looking to add significant lean mass and gain a lil fat. ( i say that so i know i gain (hopefully) my optimum amount of muscle on my bulker)
    -training will be a 5 days split training chest/tris/shoulders and back/bi/traps twice a week and legs once a week.
    -cardio will be done in the a.m. on empty 3-4 days a week for about 30 minutes. i will also try to sprinting once or twice a week as well.

-MEAL 1:
    2 scoops whey (48 / 6 / 2) = 240
    2 cups skim milk (16 / 20 / 0) = 160
    1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese (14 / 6 / 0) = 80

Totals MEAL 1: (78 / 32 / 2) CALS: 480

-MEAL 2:
    2 cans tuna (50 / 4 / 5) = 300
    6oz sweet potato (4 / 37 / 0) =164

Totals for MEAL 2: (54 / 41 / 5) CALS: 464

-MEAL 3, (pre-workout):
    10oz chicken breast (52 / 0 / 10) = 300
    12oz sweet potato (8 / 74 / 0) = 312

Totals for MEAL 3: (60 / 74 / 0) CALS: 612

-MEAL 4, (PWO):
    2 scoops whey (48 / 6 / 2) = 240
    2 cups milk (16 / 20 / 0) = 160
    1.5 cups of fat-free cottage cheese (42 / 18 / 0) = 240

Totals for MEAL 4: (106 / 44 / 2) CALS: 640

-MEAL 5:
    12 egg whites (42 / 0 / 2) = 185
    1 cup oats (10 / 54 / 6) = 310

Totals for MEAL 5: (52 / 54 / 8) CALS: 495

-MEAL 6:
    2 cans tuna (50 / 4 / 5) = 300
    1oz almonds (6 / 6 / 14) = 160

Totals for MEAL 6: (56 / 10 / 19) CALS: 460

-MEAL 7, (before bed):
    10oz eye-round steak (55 / 0 / 25)
    *sugar-free orange metamucil* (no necessary calorie calculation)

Totals for MEAL 7: (55 / 0 /25) CALS: 450

-Daily Totals: (461 / 257 / 71) CALS: 3617

-nOva-

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    i like it but i assume your using milk to mix protein... hint the milk in meal 1 and 3 ...... and i do not like meal one personally... i think your using milk for to much nutritient.... i would add alittle more carbs in meal 1....

studies show that whey and casein together promote more protein synthesis than either alone. adding to that equation, the 5 grams of Leucine from the whey (not to mention the other BCAA's, EAA's, CAA's and NAA's) you have a protein packed meal that does wonders after a fasted state such as sleep.

as for the amount of food in meal one. i am usually really crunched for time after cardio or before my morning commute. i always try to get about 9hrs of sleep while bulking and that only adds to the rush. this meal is very quick and easy to stomach in the morning thanks to the milk sugars and enzymes.

Blog Entries
    this meal is very quick and easy to stomach in the morning thanks to the milk sugars and enzymes.
    makes since then.i was just wondering about that meal other than that.. sounds good to me ... good luck on it...

a lot of guys and girls have been told so many times that they should avoid whey "shakes" that when they see them they immediately say they should be substituted out. in my experience, a whey shake in the morning has more benefit to me than anything else i'm "actually" going to eat. i don't like to get crazy full in the morning but the benefit of the calories in my breakfast far outnumber those in whole food sources that many eat in the morning.

thanks for the input pewntang.

Blog Entries
    yea ... but im different i like to have a heavier meal 1 because i sometimes lack on meal 2 or meal 3 with a shake and some quickie stuff due to being busy... but i see where you are coming from..

Blog Entries
    plus i do cardio first thing and need that pwo boost...

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    milk is full of nutrients, it is a great quility protein. WOW thats a lot of food bro. I am more like I**MFKR with my deits personally I can bulk w/ 1 gm protein per lb of lean weight. I just cant eat that much all the time, and when i have done those bulks I ended up the same after the cut as I did after my clean bulk. So I am partial to gradual muscle growth now b/c I feel like they maturize better and are more sustainable that way.

Quote Originally Posted by pewntang
    plus i do cardio first thing and need that pwo boost...
    like i said, i will be doing cardio 3-4 mornings a week maybe 5.
    and there is nothing better after cardio than BCAA's, furthering my methods success.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTAPART2
    milk is full of nutrients, it is a great quility protein. WOW thats a lot of food bro. I am more like I**MFKR with my deits personally I can bulk w/ 1 gm protein per lb of lean weight. I just cant eat that much all the time, and when i have done those bulks I ended up the same after the cut as I did after my clean bulk. So I am partial to gradual muscle growth now b/c I feel like they maturize better and are more sustainable that way.
    i had the best success ever last fall with a bulk this way. i was about 6% bf and wei***ng in a lil over 180. i got up to 212lbs and was about 12%. which gives me about 23lbs of muscle gain.
    i tried a slow bulk this spring and it did work well. i am now 202 at a modest 8.5% bf. so it worked by lowering my bf% and gaining the minimal amount of muscle i could while dropping weight.
    i am just partial to the success i had last year and i am going to give it another go.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    i had the best success ever last fall with a bulk this way. i was about 6% bf and wei***ng in a lil over 180. i got up to 212lbs and was about 12%. which gives me about 23lbs of muscle gain.
    i tried a slow bulk this spring and it did work well. i am now 202 at a modest 8.5% bf. so it worked by lowering my bf% and gaining the minimal amount of muscle i could while dropping weight.
    i am just partial to the success i had last year and i am going to give it another go.
    wow killer results man...

the real results came when i decided to cut my first time. there is a log buried in the depths of this forum. but i worked hard and it forever changed my physique.

i'm bumping this. and i wanted to say that i created this mainly for everyone to see, so all these guys with their diets questions can see all the information we need in a presentable manner.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    hey nova what can u replcae sweet potatos with hate them

i would go with old fashioned oats. to me, they are right up there with sweet taters. i know its not exactly the same, but look at some horses who are mainly fed on oats... they're big. those carbs create mass, period. i also use some carbs from whole wheat pasta on occasion.

Thread Information