Thread: Mouse Diet

mousetraps is offline Member

Mouse Diet

I graduated college this spring and moved out of state for my new job. I live in a place that my company provides for me, with a great gym nearby and a cool organic foods market next door. I'm on the road a few days a week, but have time to eat as many meals as I want, whenever. I almost have more freedom than I did in college. It's weird. Anyhow, college was all about strength, size, and that whole dark side. Now that I have a good job and things are starting to fall into place, I am looking at things from a different angle.

Eating clean seems really easy now, compared to some of the other things I do in a day. I always thought that when I got a job it would be harder than ever to plan and cook for my meals, but it seems almost enjoyable in a strange way. It is a lot easier to stay away from fast food as well. I've found that I have only had fast food maybe twice in the last month, and when I did, it didn't even taste very good! It left me feeling really tired.

Anyway, I would like to take a stab at one of these so called "diet logs". I am going to try to finish logging my diet this week as a short term goal, since I will be in Las Vegas all of next week for work. After that, I hope really hard to resume.

My goals are to see what it's like to eat clean for an extended period of time. I am not looking to gain a lot of mass, I am not looking to cut a ton of fat, just sort of tighten things up all around and create sort of a "baseline" for future adjustments.

today:
    6'1
    205 lbs
    15-18%bf
    (I should probably measure this stuff accurately)

Sunday
    --------

10am - 2 scoops whey protein, 2 tblsp flax seeds

1pm turkey breast, mixed veggies (beans, corn, carrots)

5pm Turkey Breast, baseball sized red potato

6pm LEGS

730pm myoplex & 2 cups of strawberries

9pm 1/2 pound of beef

12pm two scoops whey, 1 tblsp flax seed oil

Notes: salt makes turkey and veggies taste better.

I will post today before I go to bed.

Advice/questions are welcome.

eacman65 is offline Member
    I would trhow in your carbs in the morning along with the fruit, and after your workout. As far as veggies I would throw out the corn and carrots and go with something a little more green.

Quote Originally Posted by eacman65
    I would trhow in your carbs in the morning along with the fruit, and after your workout. As far as veggies I would throw out the corn and carrots and go with something a little more green.

I probably should have more carbs in the morning, and better fats at night. I wonder how many carbs is "maintainence"?

I will probably try to eat green beans or broccoli instead of the mixed veggies. I definitely should. Mixed veggies seem to be kindof a halfway point between good greens and junk food.

I would like to see what carbs for breakfast, and carbs post WO only would do... either greens/fats elsewhere. Sometimes I feel like those are the only two spots I really need them.

Also, I gotta find something better than strawberries for PWO. I don't feel that they spike my insulin that well.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mousetraps
    I probably should have more carbs in the morning, and better fats at night. I wonder how many carbs is "maintainence"?

I will probably try to eat green beans or broccoli instead of the mixed veggies. I definitely should. Mixed veggies seem to be kindof a halfway point between good greens and junk food.

I would like to see what carbs for breakfast, and carbs post WO only would do... either greens/fats elsewhere. Sometimes I feel like those are the only two spots I really need them.

you need green veggies with your 9:00 1/2 pound of beef for better assimilation of your protein. at least a cup or more. hardly any carb and lots of fiber

better assimilation? I don't follow

better assimilation? I don't follow

sorry, absorbing the nutrients.

Monday August 13th

BW: 201.5

9:00 - two scoops of whey, 2 cups of coffee (tblspn of half n' half in each)

12:30 - two cups of chili, about 50g protein and 40-50 grams of carbs(chili batch consists of 4 lbs. of 93/7 beef, two cans of pinto beans, chili spice, salt)

3:00 - myoplex

6:00 - 48g protein in the form of egg substitute, one baseball sized red potato (50-75 grams carbs??)

7:00 - 25 mg ephedrine hcl, chest/tris

8:30 - PWO three scoops of whey (drink one)
    - PWO i cup of strawberries, two tblspns of sugar, water (smoothie)

11:30 - myoplex

Notes: Happy to have eaten six meals today, would have liked more solids. Also, need to find a good breakfast carb other than oatmeal. I am so GD sick of oatmeal. Is there a gritty form of toast or something? Also, I have a bunch of yerba mate, and i have taken a likening to it over the last of my college years. I want to try to drink that instead of coffee and creamer.

SomeGirl is offline Female Member
    i make protein pancakes for breakfast... oatmeal+eggwhites+proteinpowder+splenda

closest thing to toast i've had in a very long time, but if done properly CAN taste good

check this bread out . i eat the genesis 1:19, the Ezekiel 4:9 is good too.

the only place i found it is health food stores in the freezer section and its pricey.

http://www.foodforlife.com/

Quote Originally Posted by naturalsux
    check this bread out . i eat the genesis 1:19, the Ezekiel 4:9 is good too.

the only place i found it is health food stores in the freezer section and its pricey.

http://www.foodforlife.com/
    Oh yeah, I think I've seen that stuff before. I wonder how many carbs are in it? aggh.. who cares.. I don't ever want to be to the point where i need to worry that hard

Oh yeah, I think I've seen that stuff before. I wonder how many carbs are in it? aggh.. who cares.. I don't ever want to be to the point where i need to worry that hard
    genesis 1:29 has 11g of carbs and no sugar, its really good too. its like $4 bucks though. its very low on the glycemic index, so it digest slowly. jay cutler eats it.

Tuesday August 14th

BW: ??

1030: Blueberry muffin

12:30 tuna steak, cup of rice, carribean veggies

5:30 order of cheese curds

7:00 shoulders/bis

8:00 PWO cup of strawyberries, tblspn of sugar, water (smoothie)
    PWO two scoops of whey

12:15 two cups of chili (50g protein, 40-50g carbs about)

Notes: Today I got way off of track, and it was due to running late in the morning and not packing food. I really should try to pack lunch the night before, rather than the morning of. Strangely, the workout was pretty good. probably due to the 1500 calories of cheese curds. they didn't even taste good, but it was like a primal urge. It's really painful to log it, and hold myself accountable, but that's why I'm doing it I guess. tommorow's another day, good night.

Alright I'm back from Vegas. I don't even remember half of what I ate, but I am sure it was not wholesome. I have a long stretch of time where I don't have to go anywhere for work now, so it's time to cook!

On a side note, I did get a deep tissue massage last night which was pretty cool. My shoulders feel good and loose now. I've had massages before, but not an atual deep tissue one.
    Last edited by mousetraps; 08-25-2007 at 12:50 PM.

Thread Information