mkv213 is offline Member

Lean Hamburger meat??

Is 90% fat free ground hamburger meat a decent protein source while cutting? I try to get as much of the oil out after cooking.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    I prefer to use ground turkey, its a better source while cutting. Lean grond beef is fine, just when u go to the store where u buy it look for the leanest possible option they have

ricker35910 is offline Associate Member
    yes, i use 93% cooked with george forman grill twice a day while dieting for a show

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    there was a post on here about a "cheeseburger" cutting diet, dont rem. it was was serious or not , ill try n find it n put up the link

mkv213 is offline Member
    Cool thanks. Yeah I prefer ground turkey but the food shopper and buyer of the house gets ground beef.

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    90% isn't bad at all. I would still try and get something a bit higher, I can get 97% at my grocery store.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    97% ummm im going tonight to get some, what is a good steak sauce thats low carb cal fat, you know half way good for you????

The Punnisher is offline Junior Member
    I think 93 is the best I've scene in my local stores, but it always seemed to be fine for me in moderation. About a year ago I was eating a lot of red meat, at least one meal of it a day and my Triglycerides went through the roof. Just keep it in moderation. For some reason I go through phases where I crave the heck out of it constantly. I could eat it raw

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    96% is what I get at Albertsons. After a year of eating that, 10% feels like it coats my mouth with fat.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeyd
    97% ummm im going tonight to get some, what is a good steak sauce thats low carb cal fat, you know half way good for you????

G*D D*MN, I wanna know where this 97% hamburger meat is. I've never seen better than 93. But back to original question, yeah 90% lean beef is ok while cutting, just dont go crazy with it and try to make it pretty much the only saturated fat that you get that day. Your body needs red meat anyhow, it will help raise natural test levels, which will help build muscle, which will help burn fat.

Mr.Akeym is offline Junior Member
    Right I never seen greater than 90%. Also why is Turkey better, when I read the nutrional labels, Turkey contains the same amount of fat when compared to ground sirlion per serving.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    it is fine when cutting as long as it is part of your macros/cals for the day.

MaGiCJNG is offline Associate Member
    I've seen 97% ground beef at whole foods. Shit is expensive though. If you have a kings by you as well, you might want to try there. Both supermarkets sell (supposedly) ONLY organic products as well.

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    i work at a meat department in a grocery store, and our fresh ground beef doesn't get better then 90% sirloin.. but we do carry already packaged ground beef that gets to 93% and we carry ground turkey that gets to 93% but they are somewhat minimally processed because if they weren't they wouldn't stay good for that long... i think the best bet is buy the store made fresh 90% sirloin because no preservatives no processing or anything.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    I buy anything 90% or higher....Fry it up, then pour into a strainer and rinse with hot water....this will make it almost 100%.

MaGiCJNG is offline Associate Member
    What do you spice it up with? Is tomato paste that bad? (dont know the macro's of it)

Thread Information