dan476 is offline New Member

Need help with losing weight

Hi, I am 24 year old male 5'5 150lbs. Up until few years ago i was in really good shape but then had an injury and have put on some weight. Its mostly around my stomache area, chest and "love handles". I decided to get back into shape and lose all excess fat, I'd like to cut down to 6-7% BF. I would say i am at around 15-17% right now and my metabolism isn't great, I really have to keep at it so i do not gain weight, I am an endomorph. Please don't flame me, I just need some advice from experienced people. My Plan of attack is this:

06:00- (5g of glutamine) fast walk for 45 mins (6 days/week)
    07:30 - 6 egg whites + 1 yolk
    10:00 - protein shake with 1/2 cup of oatmeal
    12:00 - x2 tuna sandwiches + 1 cup of skim milk + raw brocolli and caul***ower
    15:00 - shake / creatine / gatorade
    15:30 - 16:30 Work out (6 days/week)
    17:00 - Gatorade - chicken or steak or salmon + veggies + 1 cup of skim milk
    19:00 - what should i have here?
    22:00 - another shake w/ 5g of glutamine

Split like this would work really well with my schedule for the next 3 months but i think diet itself needs some adjusting. I need your help to adjust it properly. I think i should also add some EFA fats, possibly to the last meal?

thank you,
    Dan

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    You have to calculate your BMR and required Marcos versus the macros of each of your meals. A deficit is what will lose weight and predominantly, if done optimally, fat.

hey Prada, can you dumb it down for me so i can understand?
    and explain how to do it

thanks

1)Yes simply, get a Harris.Benedict formula(or another) to determine your required daily macros. Plug in your stats(age, sex,activity level, weight, etc).
    2)Then go to a site like calorie king and calculate the macros you are consuming by selecting the foods you eat.

Compare the two amounts.

ok with a bit of tweaking I came up with approximatelly consuming 1900 Calories a day. & burning approx 2600 cals. basically about 700 cal difference, so that would work I think, one question, should i follow the sticky with mixing protein with fats and carbs?
    Sort of like this?:
    protein + carbs
    Protein + EFA's
    Protein + veggies
    Protein + Gatorade
    PPW - Protein + carbs
    Protein + EFA's

Also anything i should be aware off?
    Thanks for your input.

Well at your weight I find it odd you want to reduce weight but nonetheless your macros seem to be in the vicinity and you are at 700 cals deficit, which is not that far off from 500. Calibrate on a weekly basis and adjust as needed.

YEah the sticky has plethora of useful info, use it as guidance. Drop the shakes and supps at a minimum, food will actually create digestion and metabolize which in itself will consume more calories. Not to mention getting your micronutrientes as in minerals and vitamins. Supps are overrated and quite frankly the rudimentary concept of supps is misunderstood.

Mathom is offline New Member
    Also, if you want, I actually just posted a BMR/RMR calculator that I wrote myself. It will help you calculate how many calories you need to maintain your weight, and then you can cut your intake based on how quickly you want to lose weight. Here's the thread with my program in it:

RMR and BMR caloric needs calculator

Try it out and let me know what you think.

Prada,
    I know at my weight it is odd to want to lose weight, but I am a small guy and got a spare tire around my waste, I was never at the 6 pack stage in my life, but i would love to be able to drop that low in BF.

Mathom,
    Thank you for the link, I will give it a shot and let you know how that goes.

Thank you again guys.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    try building some muscle as it will help burn off the fat and you will look better in the process. Im not saying get huge but 10-15 lbs of muscle will do wonders for your physique

I am still in the gym twice a day doing cardio(more like fast pace walking) and weight lifting. I am just not looking to bulk right now, I have small frame, but I do have muscle but i also have fat and i'd like to see that fat go first before I start bulking.
    thank you

Thread Information