Thread: Please Help

HardCharger is offline Associate Member

Please Help

Ok , I could really use some help here getting my diet down for an up coming cycle. So here’s my typical daily diet. Almost every thing I eat is organic because I cant stand the idea of eating something that’s full of chemicals. I eat the same thing every day unless I get some extra time off. I drink about a gallon or more of water a day. After a work out I’ll have a protein shake. When I’m trying to bulk up a little I’ll mix my protein shake with weight gainer; 60% protein shake and 40% weight gainer for the extra cals. Some times I’ll sneak in a ½ cup of sticky rice.

So how should I chage or modify this for my cycle? I'm going to be running Tren -A for 9-10 weeks, Test-E for 12 weeks, and Masteron for 2 weeks.

Breakfast:
    Bowl of cereal with low fat milk or oatmeal with a spoon full of sugar.
    Banana.
    Glass of orange juice.

Snack:
    An orange

Lunch:
    1 cup of rice, 1 cup of black beans, 1 chicken breast cut into pieces.
    Salad containing spinach, lettuce, carrots, bean sprouts, boiled egg whites and a low fat dressing.
    1 or 2 glasses of pineapple juice or Malta with lemon juice.

Snack:
    Protein bar

Dinner:
    Salad containing spinach, lettuce, carrots, bean sprouts, boiled egg whites and a low fat dressing.
    1 9oz bottle of water

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Wow, bro, your diet needs a ton of work....why dont you start by listing your goals, how many calories your current diet is including macros, and read the STICKIES in the diet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCharger
    Ok , I could really use some help here getting my diet down for an up coming cycle. So here’s my typical daily diet. Almost every thing I eat is organic because I cant stand the idea of eating something that’s full of chemicals. I eat the same thing every day unless I get some extra time off. I drink about a gallon or more of water a day. After a work out I’ll have a protein shake. When I’m trying to bulk up a little I’ll mix my protein shake with weight gainer; 60% protein shake and 40% weight gainer for the extra cals. Some times I’ll sneak in a ½ cup of sticky rice.

So how should I chage or modify this for my cycle? I'm going to be running Tren -A for 9-10 weeks, Test-E for 12 weeks, and Masteron for 2 weeks.

Breakfast:
    Bowl of cereal with low fat milk or oatmeal with a spoon full of sugar.
    Banana.
    Glass of orange juice.

Snack:
    An orange

Lunch:
    1 or 2 glasses of pineapple juice or Malta with lemon juice.

Snack:
    Protein bar

Dinner:
    1 9oz bottle of water

Ok, I had to go check out my cabinets to get the info. Here's what I got. For my other cycles I do eat a little different… but not much. I’ll eat a couple cans tuna for a snack, and I’ll through in a steak and meatloaf during the week for dinner. I’m gonna have to jump up to 4000-5000 cals a day with way more protein also. This is a bulking cycle and I got no problem with spending more on the food or eating that amount of food. I just don’t know how to do it right.

Cereal:
    190cals, 2g fat, 15g protein, 30g carbs,

Milk:
    110 cals, 2.5g fat, 8g protein, 13 carbs

Rice:
    0 cals, 0 fat, 9g protein, 111 carbs

Black beans:
    280 cals, 0 fat, 36g protein, 92 carbs

Chicken:
    120 cals, 1.5g fat, 24g protein, 0 carbs

Salad dressing:
    120 cals, 13g fat, 1 protein, 1 carbs

Protein Bar:
    170 cals, 5 fat, 15 protein, 17 carbs.

protein shake(no weight gainer):
    218 cals, 4 fat, 40 protein, 8 carbs.

So here’s the daily total minus the salad greens, juice, and the orange or banana:
    1608 cals, 28 fat, 208 protein, 475 carbs.

with the missing items it should be right around 2100 cals a day

Now that I see this…. I don’t know how the hell I’ve kept my weight for so long.

Aim your bulking diet like this: 40% Protein, 40% Carbs, 20% Fat. My responses to your diet in CAPS:

Quote Originally Posted by HardCharger
    Ok, I had to go check out my cabinets to get the info. Here's what I got. For my other cycles I do eat a little different… but not much. I’ll eat a couple cans tuna for a snack, and I’ll through in a steak and meatloaf during the week for dinner. I’m gonna have to jump up to 4000-5000 cals a day with way more protein also. This is a bulking cycle and I got no problem with spending more on the food or eating that amount of food. I just don’t know how to do it right.

Cereal: REPLACE THIS WITH PLAIN OATS, NO SUGAR
    190cals, 2g fat, 15g protein, 30g carbs,

Milk:
    110 cals, 2.5g fat, 8g protein, 13 carbs

Rice: MAKE SURE THIS IS BROWN RICE
    0 cals, 0 fat, 9g protein, 111 carbs

Black beans:
    280 cals, 0 fat, 36g protein, 92 carbs

Chicken: YOU NEED 35-50 GRAMS PROTEIN WITH EVERY MEAL!!!
    120 cals, 1.5g fat, 24g protein, 0 carbs

Salad dressing:
    120 cals, 13g fat, 1 protein, 1 carbs

Protein Bar:NEVER EAT THESE AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A MEAL OR SNACK, ITS CRAP
    170 cals, 5 fat, 15 protein, 17 carbs.

protein shake(no weight gainer): KEEP THESE SHAKES TO 1 or 2 A DAY TOPS!!
    218 cals, 4 fat, 40 protein, 8 carbs.

So here’s the daily total minus the salad greens, juice, and the orange or banana:
    1608 cals, 28 fat, 208 protein, 475 carbs.

HOW MUCH DO YOU WHEIGH??? UNLESS YOURE 130LBS YOU SHOULD BE IN AROUND 3000-3500 CALORIES EVERYDAY. KEEP WORKING AT IT.

with the missing items it should be right around 2100 cals a day

Now that I see this…. I don’t know how the hell I’ve kept my weight for so long.

lol, I weigh 190-193, it bounces. I'm 5'8" or 5'9" depending on who you ask.

I eat the bar not for the protein but because it kills the hunger while i'm working. I only drink 1 shake a day, after a work out.

I know I got a lot to work on when it comes to my diet. But thats why I'm starting to venture into this section.

the main reason i eat like this is because i'm a cheap bastard and I dont get many days off of work to cook.

JC2007 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small
    Aim your bulking diet like this: 40% Protein, 40% Carbs, 20% Fat. My responses to your diet in CAPS:
    It does not have to be brown rice... I also find it hard to put a protein requirement per meal in grams when it has never been proven how much the body can absorb in one sitting. Not everyone is the same size or digests in an identical fashion...

JC2007 is offline Associate Member
    Also, how can we say you need no less than 35g per meal? 30g may suit some people just fine, 70 better for others, etc.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    firstly carbs are carbs.. the GI is over rated.
    now im not saying GO AHEAD AND replace that yam w/ a bowl of sugar.. (lil common sense is assumed) but starches arent exactly a nono.. yams are gold, potatos in general are gold, oats, grains, rice.. no issues.. fruit is fine as well assuming its not the juice.

just make sure you keep ur meals consistent i.e. the same macros split evenly through out the day so ur body knows what its getting and can use it appropriatly
    some people use 50/30/20 breakdown.. while i have best of luck w/ a 45/35/20
    others use higher fat and lower carbs.. its a matter of what works for you.. but consistency is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by JC2007
    Also, how can we say you need no less than 35g per meal? 30g may suit some people just fine, 70 better for others, etc.
    Come on man, think about it. The poster is 190+lbs on a BULKER. I am giving the guy a standard bulking diet outline. If he were eating 3500 cals/ed (and he said he is going to eat 4000-5000 cals) than 30grams of protein per meal would be 20% of his overall intake. Thats stupid. Who gives a rats how much is proven that the body can digest in one sitting? The point is too eat and eat without getting fat and put on lbm.
    Last edited by Johny-too-small; 09-15-2007 at 08:18 AM.

My bad guys. I just weighed myself naked and it looks like i've lost a liltle bit. I'm sitting around 187. Thanks for the info guys, I've never really payed too much attention to my diet other than just eating healthy. Some one PMed me about my diet and gave me a good base to go with. Hey Tai, when you're talking about you 45, 35, 20 diet. Is that 45% Cals 35% Protein, 20% Carbs or what? I'm also off to go read those stickies... theres good info in there and I've never read the stickies for diet.

45% = protein, 35% = carbs, 20% = fat

Thanks man.

Thread Information