Slaiv is offline Banned

Caramel Rice Cakes ok for PWO?? Vitargo??

ok... so after MORE reading and searching, making my PWO with oats is not great because oats are not a fast digesting high GI carb...

soooo ive got some alternatives

1. Dextrose
    2. Vitargo Pure Unflavored
    3. Caramel Rice Cakes
    4. Fruits?? (I still dont know which in particular)

reading several reviews, posts and comments of the above mentioned, here is what i found

Dextrose - the bloating can be bad... sometimes it doesnt settle quick in your stomach and etc.. etc...

Caramel Rice Cakes - good source for fast carbs, but you have to eat like 7-8 of them.... ugh.... ima explode !!

Fruits - are great !! but.... again, i still dont know which ones, and again you going to have to eat a good quantity

Vitargo Unflavored - so far the king of fast pure carbs?? ahem, "Due to Vitargo's unique hypotonic solution, nutrients are super shuttled through the stomach (80% faster than dextrose) and quickly delivered to the muscles. With Pure Vitargo your nutrients will spend less time breaking down in stomach acids and more time reloading your muscle tissue! Combine Pure Vitargo with your favorite creatine, glutamine, taurine, arginine, BCAA or Creatine Ethyl Ester combinations and make them twice as effective! Pure Vitargo super shuttles nutrients into your blood steam and muscle tissue."

as of now, fruits and vitargo are the kings !!

but back to my question, are rice cakes ok? is vitargo great? or just throw in some good ol fashioned fruits into the blender? and if so, which ones?

thanks everyone for all your help !!

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    rice cakes are ok. I hate dextrose. No idea what Vitargo is, and fruits are ok if you find the right ones. jmo other people will chime in with different ones.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    got one for rice cakes, ok, and yes i totally agree, i have no clue which fruits

buffgator is offline king of mass
    eat a banana and a regular yogurt.

epno is offline Junior Member

My PWM

I'm an endurance athlete 5'8" 140 lbs and I currently use 1.5 scoops of Now Whey Protein Isolate (Chocolate flavor) which is sweetened with Stevia instead of sugar or fructose. Then I have 8 oz of non fat yogurt (Mountain High) with 1 Tb of all fruit blue berry or strawberry jam (both are sweetened with grape juice not sugar). If I'm still hungry I have a small portion of multigrain bread. I'm fairly certain this recipe is short on carbohydrates if you're looking for the exact 3:1 carb to protein ratio, but it gets the job done for me. More fruit might solve the carb ratio problem. If you want to use fruit, from what I've read the high GI ones would be best. Go to http://www.glycemicindex.com/ for more info. You could always look at the carbohydrate content of the fruits you like (or can afford) at www.fitday.com and consume enough of them to get the 3:1 ratio.
    Last edited by epno; 10-21-2007 at 11:08 PM.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator
    eat a banana and a regular yogurt.
    ok i got the banana part for the carb, but why the yogurt?

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    I like vitargo personally a lot better than dextrose, I use is moreso when bulking though. Right now I primarily alternate between fruit and caramel chocolate chip rice cakes pwo with my whey, unless i'm in a big hurry then i'll grab a vitargo shake from the juice bar.

Thread Information