epno is offline Junior Member

My First Cutting Diet

Here's my first attempt at a cutting/lean mass diet with a little help from fitday.com. I copied and pasted it into a Word Document and then into my post, but the formatting doesn't work well. See the attachment for a better view. I'm 5'8" 140 Lbs and an endurance athlete and I'm preparing a diet to go along with an 8 week VAR/Furaguno cycle plus T3 and support supplements. My goal is to gain strength without adding much mass or weight. I will be running 2 miles twice/wk, spinning (staionary bike) 1 hour 2x/wk, in addition to lifting 3 days per week. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Food Name Serving Size Cals Fat Carb Protein

Meal 1
    Egg, white only, raw 1 cup 122 0 3 26
    Olive oil 1/2 Tb 60 7 0 0
    Yogurt, plain, nonfat milk 1 Tb 9 0 1 1
    Salsa, red, uncooked 1 Tb 3 0 1 0
    Oatmeal 1/2 cup 73 1 13 3
    Banana, raw 1 medium 75 0 19 1

Meal 2
    Tofu, raw, firm 1/2 cup 183 11 5 20
    Flaxseed oil 1 Tb 120 14 0 0

Meal 3
    Turkey brst roasted 6 oz 248 1 0 55
    Rice, brown 1/2 cup 107 1 22 2
    Lettuce romaine 2 cup 16 0 3 2
    Tomatoes, roma 1 13 0 3 1
    Olive oil 1 Tb 119 14 0 0
    Vinegar 1 Tb 2 0 1 0

Meal 4
    Soy protein isolate 1 scoop 96 1 2 23
    Rice, brown 1/2 cup 107 1 22 2

Meal 5 PWM
    Whey Protein Isolate 2 scoops 240 1 7 50
    Flaxseed oil 1 Tb 120 14 0 0
    vitargo 3 scoops 432 0 108 0

Meal 6
    Cod, baked or broiled 8 oz 226 7 1 39
    Rice, brown 1 cup 215 2 44 5
    Ratatouille 1 cup 151 12 11 2
    parmesan, shredded 1 Tb 21 1 0 2

Meal 7
    Whey Protein Isolate 1 scoop 120 1 4 25

Totals 2878 89 270 259
    Attached Files Attached Files

Slaiv is offline Banned
    Vitargo !! Nice !!

alot of carbs in just 1-2 meals, spread them out more a bit... fats is a little too high, cutback on just a bit, 70 maybe?

protein is good !! but bump it up more on the lean foods part and not so much on 2 scoops of this, 1 1/2 scoops here, 1 scoop there kinda deal you know?

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    ^^^ I disagree with it being "nice."

You cant rely on protein shakes for the majority of your protein sources. You need to eat real food. Esp. before bed.

Your macros are off a bit. Your actually eating 2917 cals ed. Id drop the fats a little, up the carbs and protein to get a 40%pro/40%cho/20%fat ratio. Otherwise looks okay.

epno is offline Junior Member

Whey Protein W/O Carbs at Bedtime Raises HGH

A Dr. who helps with product development for Hammer Nutrition did a report that stated taking Whey Protein right before going to bed without any carbs will increase your body's natural HGH production. That's why my last meal of the day is Whey Protein. I could change Meal 4 to something other than soy protein. I'm not thrilled about the carb calories in a PWM made with vitargo, but I read that it's very effective so I thought I'd give it a try. I actually like to eat apples and bananas, and was wondering if those or other fruits would give me enough of an insulin spike for an effective post workout meal. Could I get my fat calories in line by lowering the flaxseed oil and still get the cholesterol benefit from it? I also like to eat multigrain bread. Would that be an acceptable way to increase my carb intake?

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Youre kidding right? A Dr. that works for a company will say anything. There is no way in hell anyone with any credibility in bodybuilding is going to say that a whey protein only shake is better for you than a real meal with a lean choice of meat.

You need a slow digesting protein source before bed because youre not going to eat again for another 6-8 hours! Whey is processed too fast and most of it goes to waste compared to steak, fish, eggs, etc.

In a 3000 calorie diet, you need at least 50 grams of carbs PWO and PPWO, imo. As far as a carb source, thats up to you.

Keep the Flax and drop the cheese, you still need more protein imo...Thats the key to lbm.

Thread Information