Slaiv is offline Banned

Coconut Oil info please !!

doing some reading in other threads (the "Peanut Butter!! Wtf!?!?") someone stated that peanut butter can lower test levels while coconut oil is much better for a good healthy cutting diet !!

BUT !!!! total grams of fat is 14, ok thats not a problem, P.B. is 16g of fat, 2 sat., 5.5 poly., 8.5 mono., and for the coconut oil its 13g of SATURATED FAT !!!! and only 0.5 poly., 0.5 mono., wtf is up with that ?!?!

how can that be good for cutting?!?!

if anyone has some good info, some interesting facts, or just some info to share with me regarding this, i would GREATLY appreciate it!!

i wouldnt mind to start cooking some tilapia with coconut oil, mmm...... but if its not healthy, then i dont want it!!

thanks in advance everyone !!

hammer514 is offline New Member
    Coconut oil is the most stable oil at heated conditions. I'm sure you've heard that olive oil loses much of its healthy qualities when heated, that's why it's not a good oil to cook with.

Olive oil is great for your health at a room temp.

Oil that is heated (most oils have different "smoking points") Becomes oxidized, and the healthy properties now become void, in some cases even slightly toxic.

Coconut oil is very heat resistant so both at room tempareature (Coconut butter) and heated (Coconut oil) it retains all of its health benefits.

Coconut oil is full of MTC's:
    Medium-chain fatty acids (also referred to as medium chain triglycerides (MCTs)) are metabolised rapidly without passing through the liver and provide a quick source of energy for muscles. There is evidence that medium-chain fatty acids stimulate the thyroid gland to secrete more of the hormones T4 and T3 which can be an aid when cutting. There is also evidence that lauric acid has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. Due to its high saturated fat content and low monounsaturated & polyunsaturated fat content, coconut oil is the most stable oil for cooking at high temperatures.

Saturated fats are necarssary in a diet. (of course, the ammounts are entirely person-person and goal oriented) but cholesterol is the building block to your natural testosterone production. HDL levels that are higher will be able to produce more T than with low HDL/High LDL levels that you'll see on a low-fat dieters bloodwork.

Little tip: For maximum benefits from eggs, don't cook the yellow (no scrambling eggs) keep them runny to avoid fat oxidation and this will help retain the beneficial fats eggs contain.

Check out what charles poliquin has to say about fats and their role in maximizing hormones...you'll never look at things the same way.

Most importantly with dietary intake, it depends on who you are... Some people are extremely carbohydrate sensitive and will never need more than 200g carbs daily to maximize lean gains. Oats are in fact the most common food alergen in Athletes.

Some people can get shredded with over 150g quality fats daily... your genetic background and ethniticity play roles in how well you "tolerate" carbs or fat.

Try cooking everything you eat in coconut oil rather than what you used before. You have to find what works for you...

~Hammer
    Last edited by hammer514; 10-26-2007 at 09:35 AM.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    I Love You !!!!!

hammer514 is offline New Member
    Thanks for sharing the love...but you should feel that way about coconut oil instead, it's less awkward for me

~Hammer

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer514
    Thanks for sharing the love...but you should feel that way about coconut oil instead, it's less awkward for me

~Hammer

neuf80 is offline New Member
    Hammer, that was an excellent explanation. I think coconut oil is great and it has many health benefits. I substitute it for much of my butter and other oils when cooking. While it does definitely have plenty of calories and fat, it's well known for helping people lose weight. Coconut oil should help satiate you and keep you full longer. In many ways, it is much better for the body than other forms of oils and such. Definitely give it a try and see how it works for you.

Thread Information