Thread: Today's Diet

dupminxhere is offline Junior Member

Today's Diet

According to a BMR calculating site and after following all the steps - to maintain my weight, 2367.16 calories are needed. I can easily consume an additional 1000 cals a day.

This is also a day of food intake without protein shakes or lifting. This is an everyday type diet.

So far, today I have eaten the following: [sorry it looks so messy, it looked better on Microsoft Word]

Meal 1 Cal Carb Pro Fat

Eggs (4) 280 4g 24g 18g
    Toast (2) 160 32g 4g 0g
    -jelly (1) 50 13g 0g 0g
    -butter (1) 60 0g 0g 7g
    Milk (3) 390 36g 24g 15g
    OJ (2) 220 52g 4g 0g
    Waffles (2) 480 60g 10g 20g
    -jelly (1) 50 13g 0g 0g
    -butter (1) 60 0g 0g 7g

Meal 2 Cal Carb Pro Fat

Chsestks (6) 390 39g 18g 21g
    Gatorade (1) 130 35g 0g 0g

Meal 3 Cal Carb Pro Fat

PB&J (1)
    -PB (1 ½) 285 1g 12g 24g
    -Jelly (1) 50 13g 0g 0g
    Corndog (1) 220 22g 6g 12g
    OJ (2) 220 52g 4g 0g

Total Cals, Carbs, Proteins, and Fats:

3035 Calories, 381g of Carbs, 106g of Proteins, and 124g of Fat.

Now - I don't know if this is what you were wanting exactly when you asked for a layout of my diet plan, but this should give you an idea I hope. =]

I would appreciate it if you could tell me how many calories a meal is good, and when I should eat carbs and when I should eat proteins and what not. I'm looking for information on all that as we speak though.

So, overall, is this what you wanted and am I doing ok so far?

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Honestly, think about what youre eating....

I better stay far away from this because I honestly think that you are trying to BS everyone and get us to waste our time on this. If not, Im sorry, I hope you get the help you really need.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Thats a horrible diet dude...

Too many simple carbohydrates (corn dog, gatorade, orange juice)... do you use wheat bread?

Not enough protein.

etc etc etc

Look at the "how to bulk" thread at the top of the diet forum.

Okay, I read your other posts and I think you're for real..

Im going to post the link that AandF suggested you look into and pay attention to the sample diet:
    UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

Here are some good food choices for your macros:
    Proteins: Lean meats such as egg whites, fish, chicken, steak, etc. (should be 40% of your diet)
    Carbs: Oatmeal, sweet taters, rice, whole wheat, etc. (should be 40% of your diet)
    Fats: flax seed oil, almonds, o m e g a, olive oil, etc. (should be 20% of your diet)

Starting to see the trend? Stay away from simple carbs/sugars, processed foods, saturated fats...look for complex carbs, clean proteins, EFA's (essential fatty acids).

The foods you want to eat need to be clean, whole, pure foods. And you'll want to spead it out over 6 meals a day. Good luck.

One thing I'm going to point out from Johnny Too Small... when he says carbs should be 40% of your diet, thats not 40% of the grams of protein/carbs/fats you eat... thats 40% of the calories.

1g fat = 9 cal
    1g carbs = 4 cal
    1g protein = 4 cal

Ok - yeah, you can tell I am new to this. Sorry if I'm making myself look stupid.

When they said post my diet I figured post my everyday routine and then we would go from there as to what to drop, what to add and whatnot. I'll continue with all my research. Thanks for the tips - I'll go check out those posts you pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by dupminxhere View Post
    Ok - yeah, you can tell I am new to this. Sorry if I'm making myself look stupid.

When they said post my diet I figured post my everyday routine and then we would go from there as to what to drop, what to add and whatnot. I'll continue with all my research. Thanks for the tips - I'll go check out those posts you pointed out.

Just keep an open mind brother... dont' be embarrased. We all were in your position at one time or another.

Oh - I am open to anything and everything you guys have to say - I was just reading up on a guys before/after and his before reminds me of me. I can't wait to get my diet straight, get that gym membership with my friend, and a solid work out routine and show you guys I'm serious.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    I didnt even read everyone elses posts but

you need 6-8 smaller meals a day

add about 150 grams of protein to that, add a couple chicken breast, tuna packets, lean hamburger meats etc...

you need a PWO shake (this is the most important meal of the day) with a pro/carb ratio of 2:1. I suggest 80g carb and 40g of protein

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    i just saw that you asked when to eat carbs. They should be consumed in either a bulking or cutting diet during these meals. Meal 1 (first thing in the morning), PreWO, PWO, and PPWO. If cutting thats all, but when bulking it is not that important but atleast make sure they are added into these meals

Quote Originally Posted by Consistency View Post
    i just saw that you asked when to eat carbs. They should be consumed in either a bulking or cutting diet during these meals. Meal 1 (first thing in the morning), PreWO, PWO, and PPWO. If cutting thats all, but when bulking it is not that important but atleast make sure they are added into these meals
    good advice

Thanks, Consistency, that helps a ton.

I'm slowly getting my GOOD diet together [lol] and I went out today and bought some of the essentials I see around like multivitamins, flaxseed oil, tuna, rice, etc.

Damn I love these forums.

Thread Information