jml5455 is offline New Member

Lean Bulk in Dorms

Alright, i've fought this for quite a while now and am not getting the results i would like to see. Im looking for a lean bulk, not huge gains but id like to see some small gains while still cutting down. I do about 15 min cardio 4 times a week

I live in dorms so i have no access to a stove or oven. i have a microwave and a fridge. The only real food i can get is food that is served in the cafe that i take out but is not allowed so its not like i can go in with a lunch box.

Everyday there are chicken or steak wraps, sandwichs that are made to order, turkey or beef burgers, a pasta bar (white pasta only), stir fry station, and a station where they serve chicken breasts, roast beef, pork, different meats but you dont know whats coming, and a salad bar.

My current diet is:
    Morning 8am: bagel with beanut butter and banana

Mid morning: egg omlet, about 4-6 egg whites

Lunch: usually a chicken breast and about 1 brown rice from the cafe

Afternoon snack: 1 can of tuna w/ mayo. (20g protein) and a 25 gram Shake in water

Dinner (5:30pm): Usually a few pieces of meat served -about 12 oz-(rarely burgers), potatoes or brown rice, and broccoli.

Before Bed: Either a chicken breast when i have them or a 40g shake.

Can someone help me fix this or throw a little something together for me from the little info i gave. Any help is appreciated this has been a problem for a while now. Thanks
    Last edited by jml5455; 11-06-2007 at 02:38 PM. Reason: look

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Holy cow you need a lot more protein, especially meal 1... I only see carbs at 2 meals as well... looks like you're way too low on calories for a bulk.

Need fat at the last meal of the day, don't drink whey protein for your last meal... do you have a post workout shake?

Whats your height/weight/age/bf%

It'd help if you could total up your protein/fat/carbs for each meal... www.fitday.com

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    when do you workout and where is your PWO shake (the most important meal of the day)

Im 19 about 5'7'' 175lbs and bf id say around 12% not exact.

My workout is around 3pm everyday pre-workout is 2 cans of tuna/ mayo and 1 cup brown rice. post workout shake consists of 40g protein and about 60 grams of carbs.

I understand i need to get more protein in. its just i can sit here and cook food. tuna, shakes, and occasionaly food i get from the cafe.

Besides tuna what is a quick source of protein? where should i add to in the diet, or everywhere?

YouAintKnow330 is offline Associate Member
    Its so hard to have a good diet while in college... more power to you my friend

thanks, any help guys? i need quick "on the go" calories and protein! come on... thanks

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on whole wheat bread with a protein shake or tuna are key...

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    shakes, protein bars, tuna packets, also you can cook eggs in the microwave- crack them and mix them in a bowl, microwave for 30 secs then mix them up again and do another 30s and eat.

Also if you have a friend who has a kitchen, go there every sunday boil 24 eggs, and cook enough chicken breasts for a week, put them in your mini fridge and re heat whenever

you can cook your oats in the microwave,

you just gotta be creative

sonnygll is offline Member
    This made me think of egg muffins. You grease muffin treys, crack an egg into each part. Then add a little quality lunch meat (real meat, not the crap with fillers), bake until they are about 90% done, which should only be a few minutes at 350. Take it out top with cheese shreds and put it back in until it's done. Then you can freeze them and just zap em as needed. They are pretty good.

CAT1 is offline Female Member
    what about a george forman grill for your chicken ?

foremans arent allowed but i think im def going to have to bring him up.
    thanks for the help guys. much appreciated!

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    1. george foreman grill
    i eat anywhere from 2-3 pounds of chicken per day
    2. brown rice..you can cook it in a microwave
    3. olive oil
    4. eggs

all you need my man

Thread Information