Thread: Please tweak

jojo2002 is offline Associate Member

Please tweak

looking to bulk up

wieght ~ 150
    Hieght 5' 6"

6:00 english muff with natty pb -
    231 cals. Fat 9 Carb 30 Pro. 20
    6:15 Gym - sip on Primaforce EAA (bcaa) + Orotine (creatine)

7:45 -8:00 - PWO shake - TRUE MASS 1 cup H2O 1 cup Soy 1 medium banana
    Calories 853 Fat 17 Carb 123 Pro 56
    11:00 - Varies - Steamed Veggie/Lasagana- SV/Half Chicken - SV/Chicken and pasta
    250 Cals. Fat 6 Carb 7 Pro 50 - This for half chicken with veggies

THIS IS THE PROBLEM AREA I HAVE CLASS FROM 1-2 THAN I HAVE A 1:30-2HR DRIVE HOME NEED TO EAT SOMETHING EITHER BEFORE I DRIVE OFF OR PULL OFF THE ROAD AND GET SOME FOOD. DONT GET TELL ABOUT3:30 OR SO

3:30 or so i either drink a Protien Shake or whatever food is available.
    Calories 853 Fat 17 Carb 123 Pro 56
    6:30 dinner - Veggies with either Chicken Breast/Steak or Fish
    250 Cals. Fat 6 Carb 7 Pro 50

9:00 - Was thinking Protien Shake but my shakes are about 900 cals. and read that whey is not ideal to drink before bed.

I have had time to calculate macros rough estimate would be
    2437 Cals. Fat 55 Carb 290 Pro 232.. i never have more than 2 shakes a day. Was thinking of picking up Cassein Protien for nite time with lower cals. Just need something for the ride home. Thanks guys

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Your diet needs a lot of work. You may be having 6 meals but they are disproportionate to one another in terms of cals and that is not the best IMO. Besides, your choice of food and nutrient timing is less than ideal.

1. Consume fast acting whey for your first meal with some fast acting carbs. Since you are training quite early in the morning, you need to give something for your body to assimilate right away.

2. Your PWO shake has alot of fat and carbs (for my preference anyways) and amounts to too much kcals IMHO.... you might want to consider using 100% whey supplements and manipulate the carbs yourself via dextrose/mato/oats whatever instead of the pre-determined macros from your powder.

3. your 11:00 meal, or PPWO meal, should have slow carbs in the form of brown rice/oats/sweet potatoes/pasta. Basically, you can cut carbs in your PWO and subtitute them here instead.

4. Change your 3:30 to a proper meal with whole food sources for proteins and carbs. As for your "on the road" situation, keep a bag of unsalted mixed nuts and have about a palmful (roughly 1 oz) on the way if you start feeling hunger pangs.

5. Your dinner can do with some slow carbs (although not as much as your previous meals) and good fats as well.

6. You could take a casein shake with flax oil or PB, but even better (since u already have two shakes in the morning) keep this a protein/fat meal with some lean meats (tuna or chicken breast) and nuts/peanut butter...either way i leave it up to you

Now I dont know about your BF so I don't know what your maintenance or bulking kcals are but your protein intake looks adequate (1.5g per lb) although generally you should split your 2400 kcals into 6 meals of roughly 400 kcals each, give or take 50. You say that you only take 2 shakes currently but notice how they make up 1700 cals of your total 2400.

cheers
    Last edited by InsaneInTheMembrane; 11-07-2007 at 12:05 AM.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    your calories are off from your macros by 146 cal.

Figure out your BMR then add 500 calories to that for your diet and adjust accordingly from there...

and InsaneintheMembrane gave some real good advice, pretty much what I would of said

Thread Information