Thread: Bulking Diet

GettinBigga is offline New Member

Bulking Diet

Ok after a little criticism, seems i need the ideal diet help.

Being 5'11" 174lb 13% BF can anyone give me the perfect diet to suit bulking as fast as possible?

Mark

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by GettinBigga View Post
    Ok after a little criticism, seems i need the ideal diet help.

Being 5'11" 174lb 13% BF can anyone give me the perfect diet to suit bulking as fast as possible?

Mark
    There's a lot of threads at the top of the diet forum that will help you... no one's going to write you out a diet dude, you create one based on your research and come back and we tell you if it looks good or not.

Look up your BMR http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Don't forget to multiply it by the appropriate activity factor.. click on the "harris benedict equation" link

Thats the amount of calories you burn every day (approximately). Eat 500-1000 more than that to gain muscle at a good rate.

Ok my BMR is 1902.12.

x1.55 for moderate exercise 3-5 days a week training makes it 2950 calories a day? So what ur saying is i need to be eating 4000+ calories?

Im gonna ask for a raise, think im going to need one!

Thanks for your help AnF very informative. ive just read your post on bulking diet aswell (the stickied) sorry for not lookin their first, eager beaver!
    Last edited by GettinBigga; 11-07-2007 at 04:47 AM.

Ok AandF your response on this would be great.

After lookin into the best diet for me ive decided to come up with the following:

Breakfast - Branflakes / Oatmeal

10am - Chicken salad baguette (lettuce, cucumber, salad cream)
    Cytogainer with 450ml semi skimmed

12:45 - Rice, chicken, peas, red pepper, sweet corn

15:00 - rice pudding and 2 bananas

17:00 - pasta dinner / red meat cooked dinner (whichever suits that day)
    cytogainer with 450ml semi skimmed
    3x creatine monohydrate tabs

18:30-20:00 WORKOUT 1hr 30mins (chest,triceps, 2 on legs) (back, biceps, midsection) (shoulders, 2 on legs)

20:15 - protein supplement (USN pure protein 40g)

Ive calculated that to hit around the 4000 calories im attempting to achieve. Do you think there is anything missing?

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GettinBigga View Post
    Ok AandF your response on this would be great.

After lookin into the best diet for me ive decided to come up with the following:

Breakfast - Branflakes / Oatmeal

10am - Chicken salad baguette (lettuce, cucumber, salad cream)
    Cytogainer with 450ml semi skimmed

12:45 - Rice, chicken, peas, red pepper, sweet corn

15:00 - rice pudding and 2 bananas

17:00 - pasta dinner / red meat cooked dinner (whichever suits that day)
    cytogainer with 450ml semi skimmed

18:30-20:00 WORKOUT 1hr 30mins (chest,triceps, 2 on legs) (back, biceps, midsection) (shoulders, 2 on legs)

20:15 - protein supplement (USN pure protein 40g)

Ive calculated that to hit around the 4000 calories im attempting to achieve. Do you think there is anything missing?

meal one has no protein in it and no serving size on oatmeal
    meal two ditch the cyto gainer eat real food, chicken and a carb source
    meal 3 i dont understand why you have rice and corn thats two carbs but if you want it thats fine just make sure your meeting your numbers me personally i wouldnt use corn
    meal 4 i dont know what rice pudding is but it doesnt sound like a protein source so ditch it,
    meal 5 you say pasta or red meat...how bout both you need protein AND carbohydrates, ditch the cyto gainer except for PWO meal and i dont like using milk in general but you can do as you wish
    meal 6 should be the only meal with cyto gainer, your only using protein and you need carbs ESPECIALLY In your pwo meal

can you not train earlier in the day? me personally i like to get in atleast 2-3 more meals after i lift i cant lift eat my pwo meal and go to bed..... something to consider, the diet needs work and calculate all the macros for each meal and the totals then repost

I work full time monday-friday 8:00-16:30 so makes life very difficult when doing this sort of thing, even eating to make 4000 calories is almost impossible with my sort of lifestyle, i am deadly serious about making good gains, but life has important matters to deal with aswell. Im not looking for the easy route, but i am lookin for a sensible one.

cytogainer seems at the moment a very pheasible option to meet my 4-4500 calories a day.

prework out meal ill alter and chuck in the carbs instead.

rice pudding is basically milk and rice, good source of carbs there.

ill change my meal 3 in the day to a calorie/protein meal and move rice to later on nearer to PWO so ive got the carbs there. i have rice and corn because it comes in a package together, makes sense!

Ill be using oatmeal/bran flakes in meal one has its my breakfast, and i need fibre in my diet someone along the line!

ill post the figures later!

i use www.fitday.com to keep a track of this. What are macros by the way?

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    ok well i dont care for cyto as a meal replacement not to mention its expensive just get a coffee grinder and grind up oatmeal and put it with whey protein i believe this is better..... and working full time you can still make it happen i was a carpenter man and i still do it......kept a shake in my pouches, and worked in an office this summer and jsut kept a shake/meal with me all the time, you gotta want it, even in class (college) i bring my food and eat in class...you can make it happen if you want it

thats fair comment and appreciate it. im not going to use cyto as a meal replacement, just an additive to compensate for the extra calories needed. its also has 56g of protein per shake which is fecking high by all accounts of protein supplements. Thanks for your help haro, i will keep updated on my progress, i will repost a picture of myself in 4 weeks time to show my progress. hopefully i will have gained fair size in this time.

Mark

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    macros = macronutrients, aka protein/fat/carbs

bigdog123 is offline Junior Member
    rice, whole wheat pasta, fish, chicken, tuna, fruits, veggys, eggs, nuts,

Thread Information