paddy155 is offline Member

Uncle bens 90 second microwavable rice

Do any of you Guys use this as a choice of carbs in your daily diet ? Just in the process of constructing my new diet.

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    I do, But only the brown rice.
    The other ones have +400mg of sodium, the brown rice has like 50mg of sodium.
    Make sure your read the back of the label.
    I normally use 1 bag for 2 servings, say pre workout, only when Im bulking not cutting up.

Malbolgia is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjackson View Post
    I do, But only the brown rice.
    The other ones have +400mg of sodium, the brown rice has like 50mg of sodium.
    Make sure your read the back of the label.
    I normally use 1 bag for 2 servings, say pre workout, only when Im bulking not cutting up.

^^ Word, as with many processed foods..watch that sodium on the label

made402 is offline New Member
    Its best to go with uncooked brown rice, anything instant has been shown to turn good complex carbs in to simple.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by made402 View Post
    Its best to go with uncooked brown rice, anything instant has been shown to turn good complex carbs in to simple.
    Doesnt turn them to simple carbs but does increase the Glycemic index... I mean jesus you cant find 20 minutes a week to cook up a large pot of rice? =P thats what I do...

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Simple carbs are basically refined sugars, buying instant doesn't change the GI of the carb in the least bit it means it was precooked and has added preservatives which increase the sodium content..

Where do you some of you get your information?
    Explain to me how precooking a piece of rice and preserving it will change the composition of it and affect how it's digested and processed by the human digestive tract.

Now by eating the rice with a different variety of foods you can raise and lower the way it will affect your bloodsugar levels but I think worrying about eating precooked rice is the least of many ppls diet problems on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr View Post
    Simple carbs are basically refined sugars, buying instant doesn't change the GI of the carb in the least bit it means it was precooked and has added preservatives which increase the sodium content..

Where do you some of you get your information?
    Explain to me how precooking a piece of rice and preserving it will change the composition of it and affect how it's digested and processed by the human digestive tract.

Now by eating the rice with a different variety of foods you can raise and lower the way it will affect your bloodsugar levels but I think worrying about eating precooked rice is the least of many ppls diet problems on this site.
    Heres why:

Once the brown rice is processed and made 'instant', most of the gums, shell and fiber are gone (note I said most, not all). Thus, the GI of the product goes up, and it's not the same as regular whole brown rice.

And heres a page which sites it to be avoided for diabetic patients

http://dcf.evms.edu/enewsletter/200512.html Search instant...

Dont post something as fact if you dont know what your talking about...

.45Caliber is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer View Post
    Heres why:

Once the brown rice is processed and made 'instant', most of the gums, shell and fiber are gone (note I said most, not all). Thus, the GI of the product goes up, and it's not the same as regular whole brown rice.

And heres a page which sites it to be avoided for diabetic patients

http://dcf.evms.edu/enewsletter/200512.html Search instant...

Dont post something as fact if you dont know what your talking about...
    Would using instand rice make that big of a difference compared to regular? I'm talking in terms of a recreational lifter working on strength/size gains. I don't mean a competetive bodybulider. Would the difference be noticed over a 3-4 month period?

Quote Originally Posted by .45Caliber View Post
    Would using instand rice make that big of a difference compared to regular? I'm talking in terms of a recreational lifter working on strength/size gains. I don't mean a competetive bodybulider. Would the difference be noticed over a 3-4 month period?
    To be honest No... unless you were going to try to cutt... not much of a difference at all will it make young padawa..

.45Caliber is offline Associate Member
    thanks soul. I've been reading/learning from these posts all week. My diet is really out of balance. Thats gotta change

Quote Originally Posted by .45Caliber View Post
    thanks soul. I've been reading/learning from these posts all week. My diet is really out of balance. Thats gotta change
    Hey no problem dude anytime...

Slaiv is offline Banned
    i eat the brown and wild rice EVERY DAY for the past 2 MONTHS !!!

I LOVE IT !!!

i have like 47bags in my pantry !! all brown and wild

i love it !!! and i eat it with a bumble bee chicken fillet southwestern style, and 1 serving of black beans, sometimes i add some turkey slices or another chicken fillet to up the protein, but yes, i eat it EVERYDAY religiously !!!

i love it !!!! and i have only gained 11lbs since i started my bulking diet 2months ago, so i dont think its fatty, or simple carb or anything of that nature, it keeps me full, keeps my carb macros in check and its soooooo easy and delicious !!!!

go uncle bens !!!

Thread Information