amature225 is offline Associate Member

Stomach Capacity? - unique experiences

As I read through sample "meal plans" and the like I am astonished at my LACK of ability to eat that much food in 1 sitting (during some meals).

For example:
    Meal 1: 8 Egg Whites, 1 Scoop Of Whey Protein, 1 cup oatmeal

I have been training for 4 years straight, eating 6-7 meals a day (3 of which are shakes), and I try to live by protein/carb protein/fat meal plans.

HOWEVER, when I get up in the morning, I CAN NOT fit in more than 1 cup of Oatmeal.. that is my bodies limit. I can not also take in 8 egg whites! On the flip side, I can get up, eat 8 egg whites and 1 scoop of protein, but can NOT fit in another single calorie.

I have been told for years that your stomach will "stretch" or you will get used to it. I guess that is not the case for me. ANY ADVICE?

It seems that I get full easily, and I am not talking about just simply "full," but I am talking about.. I have stuffed myself and can't fit in another bite.

Is it possible that my stomach and intestines are "Backed up" and maybe if I added some light laxative to my diet, it might clear my system a bit quicker? any thoughts?

Jenseno9 is offline Member
    well not everyones body is the same. Some people just have larger stomachs.

I dont think the laxative is what you would want to use. I think that would make you not absorb your nutrients correctly.

amature225 is offline Associate Member
    I am thinking the same thing as you, however, if my body can NOT consume as much per meal, and I can't fit in extra meals (due to capacity issues), something must be up!.

I'm not thinking of using real laxatives, but maybe some fiber tablets to help move things along?

Any other suggestions?

Thread Information