cache49 is offline Associate Member

PWO nutrition problems, need suggestions!

So here's the deal. Due to my new work schedule I have no choice but to go to the gym late, 8pm or so. So home by 9:30. Due to the long hours I work I have to be in bed no later than 11pm to be up by 5am, only 6hrs sleep. Now we all know how important PWO meal is but do I want to be taking in 60-80grms of carbs right before bed?? I cant change the workout time and dont want to skip the carbs needed after my workout, theyre vital, I know. What should I do about this? Thanks.

....anybody??????

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Only problem i see with that is that usually after you workout you wanna have a PWO shake with carbs/protien then after that have a PPWO meal containing carbs also. Most people have carbs for breakfast, PWO, PPWO .
    As for having carbs b4 bed, if 6 people respond you might get 6 diff answers. Its a debated topic and i personally have no idea if it will hinder you. some people believe in having carbs in every meal, some people only like them PWO, PPWO, some people are on doets like the AD, which you consume 30g during the week, then 900g on the weekend. Point being. Moral of the story, after your workout have your PWO shakw, then try n sneak in a meal b4 you go to bed. If you notice an increase in fat then re evaluate

Ya I figured...thanx. When im bulking the only meal I dont ingest at least 40gr slow release carbs is before bed. Before bed is one cup of cottage chs w/ 1tbsp of no sugar jam. I will have no choice but to skip the PPWO meal, I just wont have the hours in the day. Ill lighten up on carbs a bit throughout the day and see how my body responds. Either way, after my late nite workout im not willing to skip the shake/carb ins spike. Its to important IMO. Thanx Machdiesel.

sorel_C is offline Member
    have the shake dude,, if anything take a few arbs out of you other meals when maybe your not so active

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    If i were u i would have my shake at 9:30, then try n get some type of protein before u go to bed. even if u go in the fridge n take down 4oz of deli sliced turkey, or left over chicken u have. Something to get some protein in your body b4 bed. I would say a shake but i cant stand drinking shakes back to back

I know, its all so repetitious....if I see one more can of tuna im gonna fu***ng shoot myself. Good ideas guys, cott chs or turkey breast...hmmm...I always got lots of that on hand as I eat turkey every morning w/whites. Cheers guys.

Thread Information