wakatak87 is offline Junior Member

Cheese and milk and yogurt

For those of us that arent afraid of dairy...

Is cheese pointless as a source of nutrition when you already have yogurt and milk? I know yogurt is important cause of the bacteria, but doesnt cheese just contribute calcium and protein, which you can already get from less fatty sources (low fat milk)?

Thanks

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    They're many types of cheese. Most cheeses are just terrible because they've got too many grams of saturated fats in them...

HOWEVER..... fat free cream cheese, fat free cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese or cottage cheese make an excellent addition to a diet as a source of milk protein minus the fats and the carbs. In fact, skim milk will have carbs you don't really need (lactose) while these cheeses are 90% protein, making them better while also adding variety to one's diet....although you may want to watch the salt...which is a moot issue if you're well hydrated
    Last edited by InsaneInTheMembrane; 12-01-2007 at 02:01 AM.

wakatak87 is offline Junior Member
    Ah the fat free stuff. I tried the kraft kind and it was almost sour tasting. Expensive too! If I ever need an extra protein source Id definitely consider it though.

Thread Information