Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: So you wanna learn how to Diet?

I.Muscle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel View Post
    This is exactly the first thing I thought, It just doesnt add up at all. The information was awsome but something just isnt right...??
    Same exact problem with me as well, endo. Im at 200g protein, 100g carbs thats only 1200 calories. im aiming for at least 2200 to cut a little bit, which leaves 112g of fat. He recommends at MOST 100g of fat per day.

jared530 is offline Junior Member
    how do i download these vids? I want them in my archive

dominator200 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I am running into some confusion with what he's teaching here. He's basically saying that endomorphs (which I partly consider myself) should be taking 100-200g carbs/day to avoid them being stored as fat. I'm taking in 300g protein daily which works out to 1200 calories. Add to that 100g of carbs and that's only 1600 calories. Even at 200g of carbs/day (which i'm hesitant to take) we're only at 2000 calories daily, which is close to my BMR. Even with 300g protein/day, How can I/one be expected to grow on 2000 calories? The minimal fat i'm taking in is barely adding more than a couple hundred calories.
    I think the point he is trying to make with this is that this is a starting point for people in the last segment of the video it is for more about people who want to lose weight rather than gain lean muscle mass.
    As he says for TWO week have a trail period of what you think you need and then evaluate if you are putting on weight fat mass the lower carbs if you are putting on weight in muscle then stay the same if you feel there is no diffrence the higher carb in take. Again its all about what you yourself think you need if you consider your self to be endomorphic and still want to gain a lot of muscle mass he says to still intake protein of at least 1.5 2.0 per LB of weight.

Any way I am new to the forums and this is a great video thanks for putting it on and it makes a lot of sense to me because I am 111kg and want to get down to at-least 100kg to start with. Everything he has mentioned in this video is exactly what I do I will eat less and notice a change over a few weeks days and then nothing and cant work out why and now I know and the same with putting on muscle for example I can lift 110kg bench press and have been stuck there for the past 4months and cant move this made alot of sense to me I take in enough protein and because I eat wrong my body is breaking down my muscle tissue which impairs my chance of increasing what weight i can lift

Blade15 is offline Senior Member

Smile Great post ever...!!!

This is the great post ever i gone through...!! thanks for posting these videos...
    Great info on diet anybody ever need.. Thanks a lot!!

Bigdog99 is offline Member
    OK--- question to the diet gurus out there. Watched all of these segments and it was a great refresher on a lot of things and learned some new stuff too. One question I had was when he talks about how it is actually good to consume some sugars immediately after working out to restore the supply in the muscle tissue. He never really said how much. Does anyone know? I've seen guys pop a couple jolly ranchers after working out.....is that basically what he is talking about or do you need more than that?

endurojerz is offline Banned
    Newbie hard gainer. 34 yrs old. 5'11" 170 lbs right now. Looking for some feedback on my diet.

6:30 am ½ cup oatmeal, and mixed fruit in a 30 gram protein shake
    8:00 am ½ cup oatmeal, and mixed fruit in a 30 gram protein shake
    10:00 am natural peanut butter sandwich on wheat/oat bread
    11:00 am approx ¼ lbs meat with pasta or rice or on a sandwich
    1:00 pm approx ¼ lbs meat with pasta or rice or on a sandwich
    2:30 pm 30 gram protein shake
    5:30 pm post workout protein shake (50 grams)
    6:30 pm Approx 1/3 lbs meat with veggies and carbs
    7:30 pm hand full of almonds
    8:30 pm casein shake 30 grams

serratus is offline I am a sissyman!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    Then I think you should definately watch these videos over and over again. Of course alot of us already know alot of this, but I love watching it over and over again.

I am getting ready to start a cutting diet and this always seems to motivate me.

I would love to see this as a sticky as it can greatly assist all of our members.

Milos Sarcev "Secret of the Pro's" on Nutrition!

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Part Five

Part Six

I hope this helps us all better understand what it is we do. I bet after watching this you will find a better approach to your diet.

~Cheers
    no secrets simple matematix gain weight more calories that u burn, lose weight burn more eat less. they just want your money, all bull sh#t secrets

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serratus View Post
    no secrets simple matematix gain weight more calories that u burn, lose weight burn more eat less. they just want your money, all bull sh#t secrets
    Seriously dude you are an idiot, come back when you have something good to say

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by serratus View Post
    interesting point of view...

hfurt is offline New Member

Meal Plan Opinion's requested

Hi all. New here, but plan to stay on for a while. Looking for some thoughts on my meal plan. I workout in the AM so its a little different. I am at 12% BF, 185 lbs, male, trying to get to 8% (never been that low before), maintain as much muscle as possible, and then work on putting on a bit more muscle.

Meal Plan
    Pre-Workout
    Food Calories/Protein/Carbs/Fat
    1/2 C Oats 150 5 27 3
    1/2 Scp Myofusion 78 13 2 1
    8 Oz Egg Whites 125 25 0 0
    Sub-total 353 43 29 4

Post Workout
    8 Oz Egg Whites 125 25 0 0
    1 C Oats 75 5 54 6
    1 Scoop Myfusion 157 25 5 3
    Sub-total 357 55 59 9

Breakfast
    6 oz Sirloin 316 50 0 10
    1 C Brown Rice 110 2 20 2
    426 52 20 12

Lunch
    8 Oz Chicken 165 46 0 5
    1 C Brown Rice 110 2 20 2
    2 C Veggies 88 4 10 0
    363 52 30 7

Snack
    1 Scoop Myfusion 157 25 5 3
    1 C Veggie 44 2 10 0
    201 27 15 3

Dinner
    10 oz Tilapia 360 70 0 10
    2 C Veggies 88 4 20 0
    448 74 20 10

Snack
    1/2 Scp Syntha 6 100 11 8 3
    1/2 Scp Caseine 130 12 2 0
    230 23 10 3
    Total Cals/Total Protein/Total Carbs/Total Fat
    2378/ 326/ 183/ 48
    Percentage 53% 30% 18%

Again - trying to (if possible) lean out yet grow (or at least limit going backwards). Any and all comments are welcome. If you would like to know my supplements just let me know. Note I am under an age management regimen by my local physician which as been helping.

I stopped using fast digesting carbs post wo... just because I was trying to lean out.. Good idea? Bad Idea?
    Thanks a million!!!!!!

Deepseadvr101 is offline New Member

watching the videos on diet

I have a question about the diet videos he says 1 to 1.5 g of proteen per lb of body weightright? well im endo and i have an issue i dont know if i should take 1.5g of proteen for my bodyweight now or should i take 1.5g for the bodyweight i wish to be?? IE i am 265lbs ideal body weight for me 225 gained 40+ lbs in the past year due to a very bad knee injury just back into training and want to tweek a diet to loose the weight and gain muscle but dont know if i should be looking at 265g of proteen or 225g of proteen can someone pleasde advise me on this??

Baseball_Player85 is offline Junior Member
    Great post. Have been watching the videos. Haven't finised yet. Alot of information to take in. Kinda hard to understand what he is saying at times... But all and all great info. Thanks!!!

BJJ
    A few BS here and there but also some truth.

Newbies should not take into acount every word he says but study on their own and understand how their body react.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    A few BS here and there but also some truth.

Newbies should not take into acount every word he says but study on their own and understand how their body react.
    Couldnt have said it better myself

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by LTU View Post
    a few BS ? since there are many guys who watch this ( and more than once ) maybe you could point out the BS parts ?
    I can tell you the biggest, which you may find in the last video.

Saying that "no matter how many proteins one ingests they cannot cause any health problems"... well, how would you call that?

There are others, like "the way to avoid aging is to keep LBM from decreasing"...

...and so on

BJJ
    These are kinda minor things, Ireally doubt that people are even able to "overdose" protein. What about the diet itself ? And the fact that u can have some sugar for breakfast and after your workout ?
    Try to eat 2 g of proteins each pound of weight for a 3/4 of months and then go checking a few blood values... for some people that amount is already too much to cope with...

I really do not have the time to go deeper on the diet but sugar at brekfast is wrong, IMHO, because the produced insulin spikes will raise one's cortisol level even if you do cardio before or after brakfast.

I contemplate the use of high gi carbs only after work-outs.

In any case, er are all human beings but different though.
    What works for me does not necessarily mean can work for another as well, and vice versa.

aliez2004 is offline New Member
    thanks very much

BJJ
    Cardio has nothing to do with protides intake, there are many other implications to consider.

Also, cortisol is a complex hormone and I do not understand your question in relation to my post and this thread.

Ajaxx is offline New Member
    so the only difference between a bulking cycle and a cutting cycle is the amount of carbs u injest???

GearLoverFin is offline New Member

I'm sorry to be of topic, but

These are kinda minor things, Ireally doubt that people are even able to "overdose" protein. What about the diet itself ? And the fact that u can have some sugar for breakfast and after your workout ?
    LTU. Could you be so nice to let me know if you can co to pharmacy in tihuania and buy gear without prescription ?
    You can answer to my PM.
    Thanx in advance
    And sorry that i'm

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    very good videos

Ginormico is offline New Member
    these videos inspired me to write my post. Much appreciated!

celticgreen1973 is offline New Member
    I need to work on my diet before I think of anything anabolic . Lots of great help and I only watched a few videos.

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    really good info, thanks for sharing,.....

joetapout is offline New Member
    wow thanks, just what i needed to know

nuttyproffsser is offline Associate Member
    Great videos very helpfull!!!

marka is offline Associate Member
    excellent videos.

Daboss is offline New Member
    These sets of videos has to be one of the easiest to understand (not talking about his accent but the content) videos and one of the most educational series I think I have seen. Great post thank you for sharing this with all of us, I am looking forward to putting this information to use and documenting my hopeful transformation.

polarb68111 is offline Junior Member
    interesting vids

manblue is offline Junior Member
    Really good post ! Videos helped me understand a lot

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    Bump for ninja diet tactics

Big Digger is offline New Member
    Thank you very much muriloninja! This help so much, I can stop bothering my old trainer for a meal plan. I'm going to shoot for 7-8 times a day and not just "chicken, chicken, chicken". LOL! Gotta watch the video to get the joke.

banni09 is offline New Member
    Just watched all six of these and have to say well impressed with the info.

KBD_1111 is offline New Member
    great video everyone should watch this

Twin is offline Associate Member
    Great thread! Lots of useful info

bodhot is offline New Member
    How much dextrose is reccomended during and/or immediately after a workout? for a 19yo 5'10, 160 pounds with 20% b.f???

oI Overdue Io is offline New Member
    These are great for a noobie like me its really helping me trying to get a diet together

japson is offline New Member
    I have my own way of dieting but the video that you share was a nice one,,,,,It's been a great video iv'e seen....

sleepy33 is offline Junior Member
    Dieting has never been anything I've been great at. Hopefully these techniques will get me on track. Thanks for the post

Oregon is offline New Member
    Great vids for those of us who are trying to improve our diets. I know I have a long way to go with my dieting.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information