Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rapidoo15 is offline Junior Member

Help a Soilder OuT!!!!!!!

Hey guys im currently over seas right now in iraq and ive been trying to get lean for quite a long time but it seems so hard because the chow halls here suck, i mean they serve alot of greesy food and fatty stuff but they also serve some goodys that i eat like grilled chicken, salad, meat loaf, tuna, fruit and some other good things i just would really like some opionions on what diet they think i could try to maintain while im out here i also try to drink protein shakes, mass gainer etc.

Im 23 yrs old, 5'9, 180 pounds and about 12-13% bf i also work out 5-6 times a week and do cardo and abs 3-4 times a week.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Look at the cutting sticky above and the fitness calculator to see how many cals you should be getting each day. As far as the food goes you limited to what they serve, just look for the best choice and get it

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for serving!!!!!!!

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Yeah dude pop some durka's for us

JuicedUpCanuk is offline Associate Member
    Or wait till late and bust into the mess , or pay the pimple faced fvcker behind the sneez tray . Take care bro

Thanks guys for the comments puts a smile on my face if you can just some suggestions like i could order shit online and stuff like that can i get some ideas or just a simple diet someone can post for me would be great. Thanks

Blog Entries
    You may try limiting your carb intake to about 120 grams a day. Thats a pretty good way to cut if you have foods that are protein rich. Its much easier to limit carbs than to limit fats sometimes. At least it is for me.

Mike S. is offline Associate Member
    yo what up man.... I hear yah on the chow halls they suck I was at LSA Anaconda last yr. I am deployed again right now with the same shitty food

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
    yo what up man.... I hear yah on the chow halls they suck I was at LSA Anaconda last yr. I am deployed again right now with the same shitty food
    thanks for serving bro!!!!

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Hey I was in Iraq all of 2006, it depends on where you are located at but they have some awesome chow halls. You should be able to eat very healthy there unless you are constantly off base then that is a different story. I totally leaned up while I was there. The chow halls in Iraq are a million times better than Afgan.

Yeh i know i was in afgan also but i was at striker and fob warhorse and now im in LSA A which is 10 times better but i really dont know what to choose from because they cook the same shit everyday, so i wanna try to eat heathly now that im here and i also wanna take a cycle.

gotta love those milkshakes at DFAC 3 dude the food at LSA is 10x better then what we got here trust me.

HAHAHAH the milk shakes im at the motor pool near defac 2 right by the air force and my motor pool is right behind the air strip and u see at the f-16 loud as shit taking off....

hell yeah they are... DFAC 2 blows lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidoo15 View Post
    Yeh i know i was in afgan also but i was at striker and fob warhorse and now im in LSA A which is 10 times better but i really dont know what to choose from because they cook the same shit everyday, so i wanna try to eat heathly now that im here and i also wanna take a cycle.
    Are you planning on doing a cycle there? My buddy did then he got fragged, he is doing very good now. Stay away from the Baskin Robbins, I got hooked on the pralines ice cream, I never had it until I was there.
    They cooks looked at me like an ass in the morning cuz I usually got 8-10 hard boiled eggs or if they had made to order I got 8 egg whites. We also had out own gym, God that was nice.

haha hell yeah right as you walk out that ice cream stares at yah... They have the sald bar which has chopped chicken and you can always eat egg whites.

i know that ice-cream is right there but i stay away i rather go the fridge and get 2 extra gatorades for the room hahaha, but yeah i wanna take a cycle but what did u guys eat when u where here??? i mean just write down a good diet for me i mean as u guys know we can get proteain shakes like that here at the px/bx!! AND EGGWHITE MIKE S u mean that powder shit they serve with water lol

lol yeah man just get the boiled eggs then and just eat the egg whites... They always have chicken breast. Eat some of the rice when they have it... A english muffin with some PB in the morning should be good as well.... I wouldnt drink to much gatorade due to the high sugar and carbs..

ok so like 8 egg white in the morning with a protain shake or should i leave that for later and does a little salt on the egg whites matter?

Cun0144 is offline Junior Member
    lol hell yeah if your in Iraq, LSA Anaconda is the place to be...My diet use to consist of only chicken breast/ chicken salad/tuna salad sandwiches while i was there. Did you guys ever get to goto Basarah? the british base up north? they had great food there a lot better than Anaconda, they actually used seasoning on their food and it wasnt so bland.

Blog Entries
    ok so like 8 egg white in the morning with a protain shake or should i leave that for later and does a little salt on the egg whites matter?
    Save the protein shake for later, post workout. I started in Bagdad, work out of Fallujah and did some work in Ramadi and Habania.

Blog Entries
    Since there are so many soldiers on this thread, I would like to again personally thank you guys for the job your all doing. I don't think it can be said enough, my hat is off to you guys.

Thanks.

MS

Thanks science but yeh the food is the best ive had here yet except kuwait that shit was amazing 5 star meals but anaconda is the best in iraq yet i mean striker,liberty,tajhi or warhorse do not compare but im gunna go with the tunna and chicken diet but can u guys tell me what u guys ate???include like a shake because i could that stuff at the p.x

Blog Entries
    Thanks science but yeh the food is the best ive had here yet except kuwait that shit was amazing 5 star meals but anaconda is the best in iraq yet i mean striker,liberty,tajhi or warhorse do not compare but im gunna go with the tunna and chicken diet but can u guys tell me what u guys ate???include like a shake because i could that stuff at the p.x
    Thanks MuscleScience.
    Liberty - shit you have 4 chow halls to choice from, but it was worth it. Fallujah we had 2 and they were good, but in Ramandi we at those MERC (spelling) rations, God that sucked and Habaniyah we had no food except what we bought, we would have to drive across the bridge to Al-Tacadom (spelling again) to get some good eats.

I hate this country period expect that gyms there amazing i mean for a war zone, and on my first tour here in 03 all i did was eat mre's it got so bad i could name u all of them from 1-31 sad.

Blog Entries
    I hate this country period expect that gyms there amazing i mean for a war zone, and on my first tour here in 03 all i did was eat mre's it got so bad i could name u all of them from 1-31 sad.
    That is sad about the MRE's, but they are 100 times better then the older ones we ate, God did those suck.
    That country is such a shit hole and they all smell, no one and I mean no one takes showers there. As for the gyms they are awesome.

Trust me i know i hate going to the PX i hate to hold my breath or cover my nose the smell is horrible everything stinks here i think there shower pron

Blog Entries
    Trust me i know i hate going to the PX i hate to hold my breath or cover my nose the smell is horrible everything stinks here i think there shower pron
    THose guys are bad, but the ones outside the wire are just as bad. There homes are nasty as shit and they throw there food in the street or on there roofs. Damn pigs.

Trust me i know and when we go give shit out like soccer balls and all that i see it all i mean they dont use toilet paper they whipe there rear end with there left hand and somtimes whip on the wall nastyyyyyyyyy

hahaa shit we have some people who do that shit in the states... hell look at some of the cadillacs their.... and Damn it Chuck Norris was in damn near everyone of them lol

HAHAHAHHA that is so true i think chuch norris qoutes are famous in iraq dude every porter potty has now, but the best one yet is about the females here "They are a flight away from ugly" so0o00 true lol

Blog Entries
    HAHAHAHHA that is so true i think chuch norris qoutes are famous in iraq dude every porter potty has now, but the best one yet is about the females here "They are a flight away from ugly" so0o00 true lol
    God your are so right, a 10 in Iraq is a 2 or 3 in the states.

sad but true

i love having these convo's we just turned a forum into a soilder talk!!!!!!!!! so where are u guys now?

Blog Entries
    Back home in Colorado

I wish I was home... I am somewhere lol.. Cant realy say sorry

Blog Entries
    I wish I was home... I am somewhere lol.. Cant realy say sorry
    I totally understand, Been there done that! Dude did you see some units are deploying for 15 months.

yeah **** that.... Thats way to long with out some ass lol

Blog Entries
    yeah **** that.... Thats way to long with out some ass lol
    True that, but image having a family and gone for 15 months. That is crazy. I feel sorry for them.

yeah I am married and have a 22 month old daughter I have been gone for over a yr of her life..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information