Kimo27 is offline Associate Member

I Need Help With Diet Plan

Hey guy, Ive been doing cardio but my diet is way off, i want to lose alot of fat and gain nothing, my goal is to lose 30lb of fat/weight. Im 5'8 196 pounds.

would this be an ideal diet plan to lose weight? i took it off a diet sample and reedited somethings, would this be ideal? i try to consume a lot of protien while keeping the calorie intake real low.
    Meal 1:
    Lean Protein(chicken breast) , 1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal 2:
    Protein shake/Lean Protein (5-7 egg whites) and 2 tbsp flax seed oil

Meal 3:
    Veggies, Lean Protein (chicken breast)

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition <--- what is pwo nutrition? can someone think of an alternative meal plan to this?

Meal 5:
    Veggies, chicken breast, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal.

Meal 6:
    Shake with Flax seed oil

what do you guys think? can someone help me make a nice meal plan if this one is a bust...

Please anyone???? Im starting to feel like people are ignoring my thread or of the diet forum is dead. Im really in need of help guys, its just frustrating when no one wants to help ya....

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    PWO is post workout nutrition

I persoally find better results if I put the carb meals together...

morning cardio
    pro/fat
    pro/fat
    pro/veggie
    Lift
    PWO pro/carb
    pro/carb
    pro/fat
    bed

what were you thinking for amounts of pro/carb/fats???

oh...and I also have veggies with every meal (at least 1 cup)....not just the pro/veggie meal

First Off let me say, thanks for helping/trying to help me. I appreciate it alot.

Ok, heres my break down basically im going with chicken as my only meat product, canned chicken to be precise b/c i will be in college once again and im in the dorms, so yea no cooking. 2 slices of wheat bread,

the break down on the foods nutri value.

Can of chicken - 50 cals, 5 fat cals, 0 carbs, 13g's of protein. Per serving theres 6 servings in each can i plan to eat 3 cans per day.

Whole wheat Bread - 89 cals, 1 fat cals, 17 carbs, 3g's of protein. Per slice I plan on eating 2 slices per day.

Raw Oat's- 311 cals, 5 fat cals, 54 carbs, 13g's of protein. Per Cup I plan on eating 1 cup per day

Raw Mixed Vegetable's from grocery store- 182 cals, 1 fat cal, 38 carbs, 9g's of protein. Thats per 10oz i plan on eating 1 bag every 3 days.

Total: 1751 Calories, 18 g's Fat Calories, 127 g's carbs, 263 g's of Protein daily.

Is that too much calories and other things for weight loss?? I plan on doing an hour of cardio everyday. This will be spread between 5 meals in order to build up my metabolism, and this is without including protein, i always thought that protien makes you bulkier, does anyone know? I'm not that knowledgable when it comes to dieting. So thats my daily intake without adding a protein shake, which i will see if im doing if people on these boards tell me its good or not.

Keep in mind please that im planning on losing weight only, im not looking to gain massive muscle, my traning is based on mostly cardio and not heavy lifiting.

Im also going to be using T3 and Albuterol with this diet plan, i know about T3' ablility to kill muscle along with fat. But some very reputable people on forums told me people exagerate and its barely noticable muscle loss at all.

So what do you guys think?

suggestions anyone?

beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    I would go with 1 gram of protein per LB of body weight so since you weigh 196lbs
    your protien intake would be 196grams and I would do a low carb depending how fast your BMR is you have to experiment I would start of with 100grams of carbs and maybe 15 grams of fatty acids, take a look at the diet thread in the stickys that will give you an idea on how to plan your meals and what to use.

ok man thanks alot ill have to take a look and adjust my diet, also what do you mean by fatty acids?

beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    your flax seed oil is fatty acids

llrockyll is offline Member
    kimo what u want to do is keep as much muscle as possible while cutting.

take in 1.5g of protein per lb. lean proteins only tuna, egg whites, bonless skinless chicken breast, leanest cuts of beef.

start with 150g of carbs (complex) a day. then lower if u need too.

take in atleast 28g of EFA's and use fish or cod liver oil not flax.
    if u already bought the flax finish it up then switch.

dont eat any carbs past 3pm unless u lift late

forgot to mention ur cals would be 2028, which will get u that six pack =)

ok i edit my eating and when i take out 1 can of chicken my intake comes down to this

Totals 1391 15 127 185

so now its 185grams of protein and 127grams of carbs is this good now?

rocky what did you mean about the calories? and take a look at my second diet plan on the fifth post.

imo u should take in 294g of protein 150g of carbs and atleast 28g of EFA's for a total of 2028cals. also id drop the bread not the best for cutting. also just take in green veggies while cutting carrots have alot of sugar. make sure u count that protein shake into ur daily protein. and lastly lift hard and keep ur heart rate at about 70% while doing cardio. get a heart rate monitor if u dont have 1. u can buy them cheap off ebay like $5.

to answer ur question, no protein will not make u bulky

Alright, thanks alot rocky for your advice ill re edit my diet plan so you can look at it.

beatango2008, thanks for telling me about that info i appreciate it

Ok so i took out the bread and added in raw broccoli, 1 lime (to season the chicken/broccoli), and a tablespoon of cod liver oil.

This changes my nutritional intake too

1387 27 103 184

Do you really think i should make my calorie intake higher? I have according to a website i have 26.38% body fat, so i though i should keep the cals low so i can see results faster. What do you think now? Please more comments on as to why i should make my cals higher would be appreciated, as dieting is one of the least things im knowledgable in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo27 View Post
    Ok so i took out the bread and added in raw broccoli, 1 lime (to season the chicken/broccoli), and a tablespoon of cod liver oil.

This changes my nutritional intake too

1387 27 103 184

Do you really think i should make my calorie intake higher? I have according to a website i have 26.38% body fat, so i though i should keep the cals low so i can see results faster. What do you think now? Please more comments on as to why i should make my cals higher would be appreciated, as dieting is one of the least things im knowledgable in.
    YES!!!

Lets assume you do nothing all day (sedentary) at you hieght/weight you daily caloric needs are about 2200....if you are doing the cario like you said...that would bump it to around 2800

You should shoot for 500 cals under maintanence.

Why not take in less and lose weight faster you ask????

Because once you plateau (and you will) you will have nothing in your diet to adjust...start with 500 under maintenance, if your fatloss starts to subside you can always drop another couple hundred cals. I personally would start at 5 500 cal meals (2500total cals per day) and do 45-60 min of cardio per day. That should put you around a 500cal per day deficit...then you can adjut each meal by 50-100 cals to drop you daily intake down.

better yet...6 meals at 400 cals per meal for 2400 total

cardio

meal 1 = pro 50/ fat 22/ cals 398

meal 2 = pro 50/ fat 22/ cals 398

meal 3 = pro 50/ veggie as much as you want / cals will vary try for aroud 400

lift

meal 4 = pro 50 /carb 50/ cals 400

meal 5 = pro 50/ carb 50/ cals 400\

meal 6 = pro 50/ fat 15/ veggie/ cals 400

This is what works for me and my schedule

alright guys thanks a lot

Thread Information