admirals56 is offline Banned

calorie deficency

from every where i have looked i havent found anything where it says if low calories with no cardio will result in loss of muscle. so my question is, if i have a high portien medium carbs medium fat will that result in muscle loss? 6'4 235. looking to get strong and possibly lose fat while not losing muscle.
    protien 350
    carbs 400
    fat 50

i need about 3800 to maintain. i dont want to cut but i dont want to bulk maybe like a lean bulk. would these toatals be reasonable for goals?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    a calorie deficite will almost always result in loss in lbm

BigTurk is offline Junior Member
    A lower body weight is associated with a lower energy requirement. If the workout intensity does not change (only lower calorie intake), all components of energy expenditure will decline with weight loss. The body mass lost by calorie restriction is usually 60% - 70% fat and 30% - 40% FFM. Any decline in fat free mass would lower RMR. In addition, a lower energy intake during or after weight loss would produce a decline in the thermic effect of food. So you will loose some muscle and your resting metabolic rate will be lower, probably because of lower thyroid hormones. You have adjust your diet and exercise plan as you loose more weight in order to keep loosing weight.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    muscle loss is going to happen. but you will keep it to a minimum with a balanced diet. don't worry about muscle loss, but keep your eye on strength loss, this is a good indication that you are struggling to keep you mass.

Thread Information