Does anyone like raw potatoes?

Or am I just weird? Also, any benefit either way for raw vs. cooked? Doesn't seem to me that there would be any difference, but I figured I'd ask.

Hollywood080 is offline Anabolic Member
    I like em raw! No idea on the nutritional differences though. I can't eat them raw all the time but every now and then its good.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    The other night we were cooking some roasted potato's in the oven. We blanched the taters and then put them in the oven to finish. Anyways, I tried one of the potato's that was just blanched and I'll never do that again. Yuk on the raw idea, if you can stomach it go for it.

Evil.Davies is offline New Member
    any food which is cooked will lose some of its nutritional value. Raw is always the best way to eat most foods (not things like chicken obviously!), but if you can hack eating raw veggies, its the best way to go! how much of a difference depends on how they are cooked, eg boiled to mush is much worse than steaming!

If you haven't tried them raw, try it. You'd be surprised. peel em, rinse em and have a bite. Good texture and not a strong taste. I like carrots raw, I like cucumbers raw (hate pickles) In the same category as these if you ask me.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    potatoes are hardly different when cooked. they are just slightly lower in potassium and calcium when cooked. i do not know of any differences in bioavailability, and i doubt there are any.

Thread Information