xweighted is offline New Member

Do you include PWO simple carbs into your macro count when cutting?

Hi all,

I am new to posting on this forum although have been reading it for a few years.

I am working on my cutting diet plan right now and was wondering if the simple sugers taken PwO are to be included in my macro calculations?

I am going for 350g protein, 200g carbs and 50g fats. I take 50g malto/50g glucose immediately after workout. I know alot prefer to leave out the simple sugars when cutting but I find these essential to my recovery and replenishing lost glycogen in the muscles.

If I include these then I am left with only 100g of carbs for the rest of the day which is basically brakfast! let alone pre workout carbs!

Will be posting stats and diet soon for advise but did not think it was necesarry on this occasion.

Thanks in advance.

wantmoremass is offline Associate Member
    You should definitely include the carbs from your PWO nutrition in your daily macros.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    yes definately.

xweighted is offline New Member
    Thanks for the responses!

how many grams of carbs do you advise per day then?

I was aiming for 200g but don't think this will be doable with 100g breakfast and 100g postworkout. Should I up to 250-300 or just take less PWO and breakfst?

I weigh 215lbs and was aiming to eat 2500 calories/day.

thanks

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Well, without knowing your stats, this is just a rough suggestion.

-if you're doing morning cardio, then your breakfast should ideally have little or no carbs, just protein and fat
    -lower your PWO carb to 80
    - now you have 120 g to spread throughout the other 2-3 meals

that's just how I did my cutting...I'm sure they're countless of equally effective approaches.... just had to put this little disclaimer down

cheers

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    all depends on how your body handles carbs. I cut mine gradually during the cutting process to keep my body in the fat burning zone. I would not go lower than 150g and that would be in the final couple of weeks. Some BBers stick with failry high carbs throughout. Gustavo is one of them. He consumes brown rice with pretty much all his meals right up to the last week before the show. Experiment and see what works well for you.

strapon is offline New Member
    If I aim for 1k calories deficit and I eat 200carbs every day, will my fatburning process slow down after a month or 2 just because the body get used to that amount of carbs?

Thread Information