Gears is offline Member

Pushing The Human Body To The Limits.

Has anyone seen the second episode? Anyways, it shows some older guy who actually swam the entire English Channel. They say it took 12 hours, and he burned up about 16lbs of bodyfat. Now I how much of that do you think was muscle?

I mean one month of dieting crammed into one day dosen`t sound bad to me (joking, i`m in no shape to do that).

16lb of body fat is an insane amount of calories..56,000. The highest per hour caloric expenditure measured by the most strenuous aerobic activities is around 1,000-1,500 cals per hour. You simply cant burn 56,000 cals in 12 hours.

Gears is offline Member
    sorry, it was 14lbs, I just watched it again. They said it couldn`t happen untill all the glucose was burned up, but i`d say it would be pretty credible considering it was aired on the discovery channel.

I wish there were sources I could look up on this.

tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member
    Im watching that show right now ITS CRAZY what the body can do to survive...... Everything that the show is a true story too...... I believe he swam it and really did burn the calories.....And you could burn the calories buddy... the show is not based on logic is based on how extrodinary your body is and what it can do to survive... we dont understand the marvels of the body... nothings impossible

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBricks View Post
    16lb of body fat is an insane amount of calories..56,000. The highest per hour caloric expenditure measured by the most strenuous aerobic activities is around 1,000-1,500 cals per hour. You simply cant burn 56,000 cals in 12 hours.
    Calorie expenditure is based on muscle mass as well though man. The limit is definitely not between 1000 and 1500 per hour. I do an intense cardio session and I can get 2000 in an hour and Im no where near the size of some people.

Most of the time I just do WALKING at like 3.5mph and I burn up 600cals in 30 mins.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i burned like 2lbs of fat bustin balls for 90min on a stairmaster.. its easy when ur 280+

but that human body shit.. its lame...

like the guy who lifted the massive rock and shit.. big whoop.. congrats he used ALL his muscle fibers.. if he was bad ass like the japanese he could will his body to use full potentional every time.. not just "LIFE n Death scenerios"

how can you compare something like that to japanese which are not bad ass's... They are human.... The japanese practice is full mind and body training....I Think Americans are the real bad ass's HOORAH

Quote Originally Posted by tjpatrick1987 View Post
    how can you compare something like that to japanese which are not bad ass's... They are human.... The japanese practice is full mind and body training....I Think Americans are the real bad ass's HOORAH
    im american.. and im practically ashamed to admit it... have you seen our general population? OBEASE LAZY AND GREEDY.
    have you heard what other countries say about us.. hell im not even going to repeat it.

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa View Post
    im american.. and im practically ashamed to admit it... have you seen our general population? OBEASE LAZY AND GREEDY.
    have you heard what other countries say about us.. hell im not even going to repeat it.

IronAdam is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa View Post
    Those same people that you say talk shit about the USA have no problem coming here (illegally in many cases mind you), and raping our resources for the benefit of them and their families. Am I the only one that sees the irony in this?

Quote Originally Posted by IronAdam View Post
    Those same people that you say talk shit about the USA have no problem coming here (illegally in many cases mind you), and raping our resources for the benefit of them and their families. Am I the only one that sees the irony in this?
    i havnt seen any canadians come here.

And what's so special about canada? Dr. Suzuki?

STRONGMAN91 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    nothing that i can think of...

Not to piss on Canada, I mean the country is beautiful and the people I've met there are generally very nice. Canada may have a hard on for dissing Americans, but I have no reason to diss them. I was speaking of the mexicans, europeans, indians, and arabs that come here illegally to rape our system and then send their illegally earned, untaxed income back to their home countries. All the while pissing on Americans and George Bush etc. It's a ****'n joke.

Im behind IRONADAM...This gets off topic and this thread belongs in AR but Were the Best and thats why everyone hates us... We got controll economically and militarally....Our country has seen better days but we are to strong and will survive to leap foward and keep us ahead..... And obviously not everyone in America is fat and lazy or else i dont think this FORUM would exist...Thats a huge misconception of America being over weight... Thiers Hundreds of MILLIONS of Americans who are in shape and are healthy...

Thread Information