Thread: Grapefruit PWO

crawdaddy is offline Associate Member

Grapefruit PWO

I often see Bro's taking their PWO protein w/ grapefruit juice. What's the advantage here?

crawdaddy is offline Associate Member
    I've read a lot about grapefruit juice being taken to enhance absorption when taking some orals, but I could have sworn I've read about dudes consuming it w/PWO protein shake to maximize gains. I just can't find anything on it. Any thoughts?

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy View Post
    I've read a lot about grapefruit juice being taken to enhance absorption when taking some orals, but I could have sworn I've read about dudes consuming it w/PWO protein shake to maximize gains. I just can't find anything on it. Any thoughts?

it definitely helps when taking orals. not sure on the other, lots use fruit juice after working out with pwo shake.

i like pineapple juice or grape. i think gf has the lowest sugar content.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    There are a lot of health benefits to grapefruit juice - antioxidants and such. Not a bad choice if you want your PWO carbs to come from fruit.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I would imagine it's the combination of the p450 enzyme that helps with oral absorbtion, as well as utilizing the fructose in the juice to help replinish liver glycogen so that the malto/waxy/other carb at PWO and following will more likely be used for muscle glycogen replenishment.
    YOur muscles lack the enzyme to use fruit sugar(fructose) as muscle glycogen, so a lot of people(myself included) use fruit to replace liver glycogen so that the starches consumed will be able to aid in muscle glycogen replinishment better

Thread Information