Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member

Dieting for 3 months and My Metabolism is messed

Ok im the notorius skinny guy... My weight is 6'1 130lbs and i started at 114.. I have been eating 2800 to 3000 a day and havent seen a pound put on in a month... I increased my calories 500 everytime i stopped before but i just cant eat more than 3000..3000 cals is killing me and stuffing me to the brim as it is...Its also becoming very exspensive...One thing i have noticed is that i can easily maintain my weight at 2300 calories...thats +700 and not a pound... This is crazy i workout 4 times a week.. drink whey protein and fish oil.. I am deffinently in shape now and have got little muscles lol but i just cant gain...I dont know what to think and its driving me nuts.....An increase of calories just isnt going to fit in my stomach... any other options or things i can try?

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I have a hard time believing you can't eat more than 3000 kcals... two tbsps of PB is a quick 200kcals right there, a tablespoon of flax oil is another 120, they're avocados and nuts and MRPs... I'm wont promote junk foods but there are various clean foods that are calorie dense (not as filling) and will help boost your kcals consumption. hell, I'm eating 3500 cals for maintenance right now and still get hungry!!

i've started eating certain junk foods to try and boost my calories but i still cant.....I eat these stoffers meals which are 600 cals a piece i jsut get full so fast....

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    You know all the logical answers by now. Have you had blood work done with a endo?

No bloodwork done and if i went to my doctor asking him why i cant gain weight he would give me the speil of you should just be happy with the way you are......But Maybe a thyroid problem?

Go to an endocrinologist. Tell them something more than just you can't gain weight, like no energy etc.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    List your diet.

I'd like to see what your '3000kcals' looks like.

-CNS

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    List your diet.

I'd like to see what your '3000kcals' looks like.

-CNS
    bump

Ninjakid636 is offline New Member
    how do you get full eating 3000 cals? There are plenty of non filling fatty foods that can be eaten in small quantities throughout the day. As Insane sed, PB and nuts!! These can be eaten all day long, a little at a time will never fill u up. Post your daily intake, theres got to be something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjakid636 View Post
    how do you get full eating 3000 cals? There are plenty of non filling fatty foods that can be eaten in small quantities throughout the day. As Insane sed, PB and nuts!! These can be eaten all day long, a little at a time will never fill u up. Post your daily intake, theres got to be something wrong.
    why continually eat food throughout the day when taking a couple hours in between eating helps your body get used to burning fat during those periods? when your stomach growls about 30 minutes after a meal, you aren't hungry its just another stage of digestion. when you are hungry, but eating every 2.5-3 hours, you are using up fat stores.

my diet changes from time to time due to a full schedule..

Breakfast options
    -english muffin with all natural Pb/8oz milk/16oz oj
    - 1 serv. Wheaties/ 8oz milk/16oz oj
    - 3 scrambled eggs/White toast/8oz milk (When i Got time)

Lunch Options (this is still unhealthy but this is when i really get my calories)
    -Feticini Alfero/yogurt/granola/8oz milk
    -Mac N Cheese/Noodle cup/yogurt/granola
    -4oz chicken/yogurt/1 serving of almonds/granola
    -Raviolli/noodle cup/yogurt/granola

Dinner options
    -Fish, beef, chicken, pasta
    Side dishes
    -corn,mashed taters,brown rice,noodle cup
    -8oz milk

Snacks inbetween meals
    -peanut butter power bar, granola,yogurt,ice cream,peanut butter celery,banana, raw brocoli, maybe a little cheat here and there since im not exactly worried bout putting on the wrong pounds because of me being such a hard gainer....I was a distance runner from about 10 through 18 and someone told me being so young and running distance effected my metabolism by speeding it up

Blog Entries
    You know the title of your thread, and the content aren't related...right?

"Dieting for 3 months and my Metabolism is messed" conveys that you were restricting calories severely for 3 months, and now your metabolism is slow.

...which is exactly the opposite of what's going on here.

Just an FYI.

Now to your post(s):

Quote Originally Posted by tjpatrick1987 View Post
    my diet changes from time to time due to a full schedule..
    So... i'm assuming this is your diet on average?

Breakfast options
    -english muffin with all natural Pb/8oz milk/16oz oj
    - 1 serv. Wheaties/ 8oz milk/16oz oj
    - 3 scrambled eggs/White toast/8oz milk (When i Got time)

Lunch Options (this is still unhealthy but this is when i really get my calories)
    -Feticini Alfero/yogurt/granola/8oz milk
    -Mac N Cheese/Noodle cup/yogurt/granola
    -4oz chicken/yogurt/1 serving of almonds/granola
    -Raviolli/noodle cup/yogurt/granola

Dinner options
    -Fish, beef, chicken, pasta
    Side dishes
    -corn,mashed taters,brown rice,noodle cup
    -8oz milk

Snacks inbetween meals
    -peanut butter power bar, granola,yogurt,ice cream,peanut butter celery,banana, raw brocoli, maybe a little cheat here and there since im not exactly worried bout putting on the wrong pounds because of me being such a hard gainer....I was a distance runner from about 10 through 18 and someone told me being so young and running distance effected my metabolism by speeding it up
    I'm looking at your 'diet'...and it's garbage.

That's the short story.

If you are indeed hitting 3k calories... It is from poorly picked, carb-dominant, sources.

Your protein intake as represented.. is too low.

Your 'snacks' are incomplete 'meals'.

It is absolutely horrible.

I don't believe I'm about to say this.. but:

Read the 'official guide to bulking' sticky.

If you have the time to 'snack' between meals... then you have the time to knock back a Meal-replacement shake or a protein shake w/ a scoop peanut butter.

-CNS

sorel_C is offline Member
    i remeber a very easy simple saying,,, if your not gaining weight,, your simply not eating enough.......... now as for the appitite,, there are ways of increasing it big time,,, just from certain foods,, i think they even have appitie enhansers out at gnc now

Princes_Gate is offline Associate Member
    I eat your whole daily diet by about 2pm. And my daily cals are around 3500. no way is that 3000

You know the title of your thread, and the content aren't related...right?

"Dieting for 3 months and my Metabolism is messed" conveys that you were restricting calories severely for 3 months, and now your metabolism is slow.

...which is exactly the opposite of what's going on here.

Just an FYI.

Now to your post(s):

So... i'm assuming this is your diet on average?

I'm looking at your 'diet'...and it's garbage.

That's the short story.

If you are indeed hitting 3k calories... It is from poorly picked, carb-dominant, sources.

Your protein intake as represented.. is too low.

Your 'snacks' are incomplete 'meals'.

It is absolutely horrible.

I don't believe I'm about to say this.. but:

Read the 'official guide to bulking' sticky.

If you have the time to 'snack' between meals... then you have the time to knock back a Meal-replacement shake or a protein shake w/ a scoop peanut butter.

-CNS
    of first of all I originally started off bout my metabolism but other people took the subject off track....2nd i also take whey protein and fish oil and work out 4 times a week, i didnt include my whey protein shakes because im simply tire....3rd of all my diet foods change from time to time not my calorie intake..I do have a life to attend to im a fulltime college student with an internship......And all the pasta i eat is Whole grain.. i am not a body builder ..i am someone looking to put on a few pounds and stay in shape....dont come on here anymore to if your not going to help

Dude, Nark did help you.

You just bashed the most knowledgeable guy on this board.

Your diet isn't great man, you gotta eat a lot more

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Whats your question on metabolism, thats pretty much all I do.

Blog Entries
    of first of all I originally started off bout my metabolism but other people took the subject off track....
    Clearly your first post was not pertaining to a 'messed-up' metabolism... but rather to your inability to ingest enough food to result in weight-gain.

You clearly asked for 'options'.

To do so, you must supply what you currently ingest.

As outlined below:

2nd i also take whey protein and fish oil and work out 4 times a week, i didnt include my whey protein shakes because im simply tire
    This is how it works:

1. You state the problem.

2. We ask a question relevant to your case.

In this instance:

List your diet.

-CNS
    3. You respond as requested... thoroughly.

In this instance, the request was that you list your diet.

Clearly, listing a partial diet would be counterintuitive... particularly if receiving advice is what you'd truely like.

....3rd of all my diet foods change from time to time not my calorie intake..
    That factors little.

What was clearly denoted in my post is that your food selection leaves much to desired.

It isn't difficult to choose better sources.

I do have a life to attend to im a fulltime college student with an internship......And all the pasta i eat is Whole grain.. i am not a body builder ..i am someone looking to put on a few pounds and stay in shape....
    You are not the only full-time college student here.

I am a full-time college student. I also run a fitness consulting business full-time. . I also am a competitive bodybuilder.

Much like how what i am matters little in the equation, what you do matters little.

What matters is that you have goals.

...And, if your approach is that of a minimalist... then your results will be minimal.

dont come on here anymore to if your not going to help
    You received my assistance.

Clearly it is unwanted.

This however is no skin off my back.

People pay for less advice.

-Narkissos

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Princes_Gate View Post
    Dude, Nark did help you.

x2 on that tjpatrick you just made yourself look like an idiot, refusing advice from one of the best on the board he was just trying to help

Ok buddy , whatever you say, sry i dont have all the money in the world for your grocery list ... when you pay my bills i'll care, i went and talked to a professional and talked to them and they said my diet was good for what i needed it for.... i get ehough protein and dietary fiber...you started raggin on my thread so Karma

Quote Originally Posted by Princes_Gate View Post
    Dude, Nark did help you.

SINCERELY,
    BOARD BASHER

hahaha what an attitude on this kid

Blog Entries
    Ok buddy , whatever you say, sry i dont have all the money in the world for your grocery list ... when you pay my bills i'll care,

I'm 100% positive that the bare essentials like tuna are (still) dirt cheap.

You are not the only college student here.

Ergo, you are not the only person here on a budget.

i went and talked to a professional and talked to them and they said my diet was good for what i needed it for.... i get ehough protein and dietary fiber...you started raggin on my thread so Karma
    If your diet was 'good'...and you were 'getting enough' of the macronutrients required for building muscle tissue, the scale would be going up.

But, by your own admission... it is not.

It is that simple.

Here's my professional advice:

Don't ask for advice if you don't want it...

Or rather, don't ask for advice if you're unwilling to accept advice.

No flame intended: Your diet IS horrible.

And your attitude/approach is equally counterintuitive...

Anyhow... Good luck

... @'talking to a professional'.

-CNS

sorel_C is offline Member
    the only professinal that would tell you that diet was good would be a professinal dumba$$

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    You know all the logical answers by now.
    I was wrong.

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ok buddy , whatever you say, sry i dont have all the money in the world for your grocery list ... when you pay my bills i'll care, i went and talked to a professional and talked to them and they said my diet was good for what i needed it for.... i get ehough protein and dietary fiber...you started raggin on my thread so Karma
    if you're going to professionals, why come here? we gave you an answer and help you didn't think you needed, and just went to someone who would tell you what you wanted to hear...instead of helping you out. remember, they are just opinions bro, you can simply choose to ignore those you don't like.

i know man .. i just flet like i was being attacked and criticized more than someone trying to reach out and understand the situation...

i know man .. i just flet like i was being attacked and criticized more than someone trying to reach out and understand the situation...
    and you shouldn't feel that way. sometimes someone being blunt is a good way to realize that what you've been told, no matter who's mouth it may have came from, is wrong. and i think Nark's knowledge of diet is shadowed only by his personal success. i know there weren't any hard feelings. but honestly, your approach does need a lot of work, and i think you should create a diet that breaks down your daily caloric needs into 6 or 7 meals and then post up your selections. worst thing that will happen at that point, is someone will say it sucks and will help you fix it.

Ok this is gunna take a little more planning and im going to try and get it posted by monday...i've added a few new things i found to like and be healthy at the same time so im gunna work this thing out and in two months i'm gunna shoot for 150 and im steady 135 now depending on water weight i can be close to 140

Ok this is gunna take a little more planning and im going to try and get it posted by monday...i've added a few new things i found to like and be healthy at the same time so im gunna work this thing out and in two months i'm gunna shoot for 150 and im steady 135 now depending on water weight i can be close to 140
    Good luck bro. I think most people on here really want you to have success. I was a hard gainer until I hit 30. It won't be easy unless you have a good plan and discipline. When I ate lots of calories without a plan using BB diets, I just became a fat skinny guy. My wife used to say that I looked like veal. Now I get at least one random person a week to say something about my physique.

Blog Entries
    Good luck bro. I think most people on here really want you to have success..
    Yep.

But in order for that to happen, one needs to be receptive to advice.

Good luck.

-CNS

8:00
    ensureplus
    milk n cereal bar cheerios
    16oz. orange juice

700cals.

12:00 (my only break inbetween classes)
    granola bar (sunbelt GOODSTUFF)
    orange or banana

200 cals

Now this is also a post workout meal (4days)
    2:00 (im on my way home)
    yogurt
    Natural peanut butter w/ celery (is SKIPPY"S natural Pb alright?)
    protein shake mix w/ milk(1 1/2 serv. only on workout days)
    500 cals

4:00-5:00
    4 oz chicken mix with 2 serv of brown rice
    8 oz milk

800 cals

7:00-8:00 (my break 5 min break at work)
    peanut butter power bar and
    fiber one bar

390 cals

10:00 this is one meal that varies from time to time
    lean beef/ a fillet of salmon/ w/ mashed potatoe's
    2% milk
    estimated at least 400 cals

around 1 A.M
    Ensureplus

350 cals

OVERALL From what i posted =3340

Ok guys this is were your gunna hate me.... I see my diet is still carb dominant and lacks protein meals... and some of this meals i substatute daily with items like Nuts,Triscuits,Chicken...but when i substitute i always make sure its an = nutrional value (so i dont go crazy eating the same thing)... i know this isnt perfect but im trying hard and its gunna take some time getting this thing right eating so many times a day....i cut out all my pasta and chef boy r dee...i miss them very much... Try not to be to harsh

This is TRUTH

rickrick55 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    why dont you try to bring a sandwhich to ur classes at like 1030..chicken or tuna on wheat..get some of ur protein up because ur def lacking

8:00
    ensureplus
    milk n cereal bar cheerios
    16oz. orange juice
    700cals.

garbage. what the hell is in ensureplus?
    eat some protein, whey if you have to.
    if you precook some chicken you can warm up a breast or so and have a cup of oats with splenda and cinnamon with it.

12:00 (my only break inbetween classes)
    granola bar (sunbelt GOODSTUFF)
    orange or banana
    200 cals

shouldn't eat 700 then 200 calories. again, trash. and this is what you eat pre-workout? how long do you have between noon and your workout? where are you eating this meal? if you have access to a can opener or a microwave your options are endless with protein choices. 2 cans of tuna, a chicken breast or two warmed up again. but you need protein before you lift, period.

Now this is also a post workout meal (4days)
    2:00 (im on my way home)
    yogurt
    Natural peanut butter w/ celery (is SKIPPY"S natural Pb alright?)
    protein shake mix w/ milk(1 1/2 serv. only on workout days)
    500 cals

just stick with whey and skim milk until you can get a whole meal at home.

4:00-5:00
    4 oz chicken mix with 2 serv of brown rice
    8 oz milk
    800 cals

2 servings could mean a lot of different things. go chicken, rice and some veggies, drop the milk.

7:00-8:00 (my break 5 min break at work)
    peanut butter power bar and
    fiber one bar
    390 cals

bring a quality food source to work. again with the tuna or chicken idea. i'd make mashed potatoes the night before, then throw in some of that pre-cooked meat and warm that up and have chicken and potatoes.

10:00 this is one meal that varies from time to time
    lean beef/ a fillet of salmon/ w/ mashed potatoe's
    2% milk
    estimated at least 400 cals

this is actually a good meal

around 1 A.M
    Ensureplus
    350 cals

is this breast milk? j/k. PROTEIN

OVERALL From what i posted =3340

Ok guys this is were your gunna hate me.... I see my diet is still carb dominant and lacks protein meals... and some of this meals i substatute daily with items like Nuts,Triscuits,Chicken...but when i substitute i always make sure its an = nutrional value (so i dont go crazy eating the same thing)... i know this isnt perfect but im trying hard and its gunna take some time getting this thing right eating so many times a day....i cut out all my pasta and chef boy r dee...i miss them very much... Try not to be to harsh
    you need to post up your macros. for those meals, because at this time i just helped you with selections. it is hard to get used to at first, but keep in mind it is a lifestyle change. you can do this, just take it one step at a time. the first and most important step is to get your diet in order.

You never heard of EnsurePlus? It is actually full of nutrients. 13gs of protein in one 8 oz shake. and 3gs of dietary fiber. They actually give this stuffto old people in nursing homes lol...
    at 12 o'clock im still on campus (slim chance for a Microwave or can opener)
    and i work out around 2-230 every other day...ill drink a whey shake before too if thats ok
    I cant stomach tuna and oats...granola and fiber one bars are the only real way i can eat oats....
    i was thinking i could drink a whey protein shake everyday instead of only workout days.
    I'll cut the milk in the one meal and add some raw brocolli on the side...that should be taking care of..
    i can also bring a can of almonds to work fro more protein..
    Im gunna also see what i can do about better protein in the morning

Ensure plus has 50g of sugar. 13grams of protein is nothing. Almonds have very little protein. It is a good fat source though.

I would be happy if you just found a way to get to 300grams of protein a day. It just might be a good compromise for you. I would say that would be a first goal to set and after you have no problems getting to 300g then you can focus better on eating correctly.

They actually give this stuff to old people in nursing homes lol...
    exactly.

because they can't eat a whole protein or carb source.

Ensure plus has 50g of sugar. 13grams of protein is nothing. Almonds have very little protein. It is a good fat source though.

I would be happy if you just found a way to get to 300grams of protein a day. It just might be a good compromise for you. I would say that would be a first goal to set and after you have no problems getting to 300g then you can focus better on eating correctly.
    20grams sugar....and ensure plus is for gaining and maintaining a healthy weight.. looks like i gotta find some high protein sources that i can stomach and redo my diet again... it might be a couple days before i can really figure this out and have the time to post it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information