Thread: Carbs

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

Carbs

I just cleaned up my diet, seemed as though many of my carbs were dirty, I feel like Im almost at a deficit sometimes. What are some of your favorite carbs? I need to widen up my diet. Any food you think really makes you grow. (Lets steer away from all the normal food like chicken , or tuna, sweet potatoes ,unless it in a nice mixture or something).

One new one I just started eating was

steak (stir fry)
    chicken (cut up like stir fry)
    shrimp

sauteed in lite soy sauce, Tabasco, minced onions, pepper

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I like tuna salad,

Eggs
    pickel relish
    tuna
    miracle whip

Im doing low carb right now so basically no bread or anything thats not a complex carb except pre and post work out.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T.R.D View Post
    I just cleaned up my diet, seemed as though many of my carbs were dirty, I feel like Im almost at a deficit sometimes. What are some of your favorite carbs? I need to widen up my diet. Any food you think really makes you grow. (Lets steer away from all the normal food like chicken , or tuna, sweet potatoes ,unless it in a nice mixture or something).

steak (stir fry)
    shrimp

Last time I checked chicken, tuna, steak or shrimp don't have any carbs.

My favorite carbs are vegetables, fruits, oats, whole wheat bread and brown rice.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I like tuna salad,

Eggs
    pickel relish
    tuna
    miracle whip

Im doing low carb right now so basically no bread or anything thats not a complex carb except pre and post work out.
    Sounds good. I guess you could add some pasta for carbs also, but I fuc'n hate cold pasta. Never thought about putting them both together (eggs/tuna), im going to give it a try.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    grits are great for breakfast. I strongly prefer them to oats.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries

steak (stir fry)
    shrimp

Sounds like you're looking for variety.

Despite being a competitive bodybuilder, i try to vary my diet... even while cutting.

For protein i have: turkey, smoked ham (not the deli shit), organ meats, shrimp, crab, squid (and various other sea-food), steak, goat meat, goat milk, sheep milk, eggs, soy milk, soy protein powder, soya 'meat', pork etc.

Being in the Caribbean, my carb sources are very varied...simply because there is a LOT of variety.

For Carbs I have a lot of the standard stuff: Oats, brown rice, yams, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cheerios, grape nuts, whole wheat pita, whole wheat pasta, low-carb pasta (made out of soy flour)

I also have a lot of indigenous stuff: Eddoes, Breadfruit, Dasheen, Green Bananas (we cook bananas when they're unripe. They're starchy...and have the consistency of sweet potatoes when boiled); plantains; buffet (this is a a relative of the plantain and banana)

A lot of this stuff is available in the USA

..especially if you're living near to Community of people with Caribbean roots.

-CNS

Blog Entries
    ^^Oh.. I also eat barley and other grains.

I prefer tubers to grains anyday... but grains add variety.

-CNS
    Last edited by Narkissos; 03-28-2008 at 01:48 AM. Reason: typo

BG
    That is variety Nark, I also try to eat different as much as possible. I just got into the soy myself, I was told its high in sodium so Im going to keep it to a minimum. How is goat meat ? I like lamb, is it anything like that? I guess what Im missing is the brown rice and the pasta, that will be added asap. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    Last time I checked chicken, tuna, steak or shrimp don't have any carbs.
    LOL, I know they don't have carbs, I was trying to get some members to post up some of their custom food mixtures.

For example I was talking food with a kid at the gym and he told me his mother mixes oats in with her meat loaf, now that's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop77 View Post
    grits are great for breakfast. I strongly prefer them to oats.
    You have a healthy recipe ?? Ya oats in the morning has the tendency to slow my metabolism down, my first 2 quick meals are usual pro-protien, then the 3rd has the carbs, I think it keeps my bf down not carbing up right away and makes me hungry as hell.

Thanks guys, anyone else????

Blog Entries
    That is variety Nark, I also try to eat different as much as possible. I just got into the soy myself, I was told its high in sodium so Im going to keep it to a minimum.
    No higher than other sources.

And... sodium isn't 'bad' you know.

How is goat meat ? I like lamb, is it anything like that?
    It's like lamb but better.

Better taste.. Better mouthfeel... Loads less fat.

I guess what Im missing is the brown rice and the pasta, that will be added asap. Thanks
    np.

-CNS

Blog Entries
    Sounds good. I guess you could add some pasta for carbs also, but I fuc'n hate cold pasta. Never thought about putting them both together (eggs/tuna), im going to give it a try.
    yeah its the shit, I can send you the receipt if you want. When i eat tuna salad when I am taking in carbs I make a sandwich out of it. Quick and easy I just make up a big batch all at once.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    yeah its the shit, I can send you the receipt if you want.
    That would be great if you could, Ill take the recipe instead of reciept.

Blog Entries
    ^^lol...

Blog Entries
    That would be great if you could, Ill take the recipe instead of reciept.
    LOL yeah Its a retarded spelling day.

BG
    LOL Nark btw, I forgot Im a Cherrios guy myself, every nite half bowl of honey nut and the other half GoLean Crunch.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    One carb that I didn't see mentioned above was black beans. I love black beans especially with some blackened talapia. Plus the black beans have tons of fiber...good for the body, bad for the nose or gf!

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    One carb that I didn't see mentioned above was black beans. I love black beans especially with some blackened talapia. Plus the black beans have tons of fiber...good for the body, bad for the nose or gf!
    Very good point !!!!There was this place right down the street from me that had the best chili, I used to eat it 3 times a week. I called one nite and no answer, so I drove there and they were gone, that was the end of beans for me. Do you just put them plain on the talapia??

Thread Information