Dezeroth is offline Junior Member

Peanuts, Almonds, Walnuts, but what about.....

Pumpkin seeds?

how come no one talks about eating those?!

have you guys checked the back of a "Dave Pumpkin Seeds" bag before?

Total Fat 12

Sat. 2.5
    Poly 3.5
    Mono 6

Carbs 6

Dietary Fiber 3
    Sugar 1

Protein 9

and each serving is about 1/3 a cup with the shells !! and there sooo good !!!

but why does no one talk about it anywhere? and not just here in the forums, in diet magazines, muscle magaz., AOL diet, google diet, no where!

am i missing someting here? can someone help me? is pumpkin bad for you? to salty than other nuts? does it have a mineral that i should avoid?

what gives?

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    yes what about sunflower seeds. are they good fats?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I like pumpkin seeds. I really have to keep my sodium intake low(health reasons) and I usually buy the unsalted ones in the "organic" section of the grocery store and bring them home and toast them on a cookie sheet.
    They end on top of salads or sometimes I just carry a small baggie of them and use them for a snack.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

so if pumpkin seeds r ok, y does no one talk about them being in a diet??

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    i eat both pumpkin and sunflower seed.

i get roasted un salted sunflower and eat a lot of them.

i just get regular pumpkin seed in the shell and eat them whole. the sodium is much higher though so i dont eat as many.

both are good for you. they have lots of unsaturated fat, vitamins and minerals.

i still dont understand y no one alks about them in there diets

I think that maybe some people just don't know about them. It's fairly common down here in the South for people to make large batches of them at the end of the pumpkin growing season.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

D@mn straight. I bought a bag of the unshelled pumpkin seeds in the store and ate about 1/3 handful. I had to ditch the rest...way too sodium!. That's when I started buying the shelled/unsalted seeds.

AG

Quote Originally Posted by naturalsux View Post
    ....i just get regular pumpkin seed in the shell and eat them whole. the sodium is much higher though so i dont eat as many. both are good for you. they have lots of unsaturated fat, vitamins and minerals.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I think that maybe some people just don't know about them.
    yep.

I eat 'em.

Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts, brazil nuts, macadamian nuts, pistachios, almonds etc. etc.

Doesn't really matter what people do or don't talk about.

As bodybuilders it's our responsibility to get up off our asses and walk tru the supermarket/health store aisle reading labels and nutritional facts to see what stuff we can fit into our diets.

(This comment isn't directed at you by the way AG.. but at the thread originator)

I find that on the forums guys like to wait around for the next great thing.

Doesn't take much to go find it yourself.

-CNS

Nark!!! I've been reading your posts and wondering when I was going to catch up to you. It's d@mn good to see you man!!!

AG

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Nark!!! I've been reading your posts and wondering when I was going to catch up to you. It's d@mn good to see you man!!!

AG
    Sorry I missed this

'sup AG?

-CNS

Thread Information