SkoalMan744 is offline New Member

Diet that I think could use some critique..

Hey guys, just a little backround about me before I tell you my diet.
    I'm 18 years old, 5'11 about 150. I'm trying to put on some weight, but theres a major factor holding me back. I take concerta every day for A.D.D., and it really lowers my appetite, making it really hard for high food intake.

Heres an example of a day for me:

Wake up and take concerta, then head to school.
    -I'll eat a bagel at around 10

-Try to eat a decent size lunch, but by this time I have little to no appetite. This consists of a turkey sandwich with a poptart and 20oz bottle of water.

-When I get home is when I go to the gym, pre-workout I'll eat something like a peanutbutter sandwich with banana in it, and have a 35g protein shake about an hour or so before my workout.

-15 minutes before workout I'll drink my supplement (dont want to use name) which consists of creatine, but is a NO explode typl supplement.

-Post workout I'll drink an isolate protein shake which consists of 28 grams of protein. I'll ingest a decent size meal such as macaroni or cereal also.

-Before bed I have another sandwich

Thats just an example of what a day of mine will be like.

My workout is:
    Monday-Chest/Triceps/20 min. cardio
    Tuesday-Back/Biceps/20 min. cardio
    Wednesday-Shoulders/Legs/20 min. cardio
    Thursday-Off
    Friday-repeat from beginning

Any suggestions and constructive criticism would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    This is gonna be an uphill battle for you I have a feeling. I have seen the negative effects of concerta with my daughter's appetite. As far as your diet, it's horrible. I would completely start over. I would read all the stickies and try to reeducate yourself about diet. Sorry if it wasn't very constructive but there is not much I can say about what you posted. I would start here. UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

Choon is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkoalMan744 View Post
    Hey guys, just a little backround about me before I tell you my diet.
    I'm 18 years old, 5'11 about 150. I'm trying to put on some weight, but theres a major factor holding me back. I take concerta every day for A.D.D., and it really lowers my appetite, making it really hard for high food intake.

Heres an example of a day for me:

Wake up and take concerta, then head to school.
    -I'll eat a bagel at around 10

-Try to eat a decent size lunch, but by this time I have little to no appetite. This consists of a turkey sandwich with a poptart and 20oz bottle of water.

-When I get home is when I go to the gym, pre-workout I'll eat something like a peanutbutter sandwich with banana in it, and have a 35g protein shake about an hour or so before my workout.

-15 minutes before workout I'll drink my supplement (dont want to use name) which consists of creatine, but is a NO explode typl supplement.

-Post workout I'll drink an isolate protein shake which consists of 28 grams of protein. I'll ingest a decent size meal such as macaroni or cereal also.

-Before bed I have another sandwich

Thats just an example of what a day of mine will be like.

My workout is:
    Monday-Chest/Triceps/20 min. cardio
    Tuesday-Back/Biceps/20 min. cardio
    Wednesday-Shoulders/Legs/20 min. cardio
    Thursday-Off
    Friday-repeat from beginning

Any suggestions and constructive criticism would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
    You also need to work out on your legs.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    One thing I've learned as I've gained weight is that an appetite is not necessary to eat...

Add up your daily protein/fat/carbs to see where you're at, and where you can improve.

Also, with your metabolism, it may be better to hit every muscle group once every 5-6 days with 12+ sets, and give them a lot of time for rest and nutrition.
    Last edited by AandF6969; 04-10-2008 at 06:52 AM.

SkoalMan744 is offline New Member
    Thanks guys, and yes I know that my diet is horrible of course, thats why I came here. And eating isn't going to be a problem come summer time because without concerta my appetite is great.

Thread Information