Thread: No Milk?

KnowledgeIsPower is offline New Member

No Milk?

I've read that I should be avoiding Milk because of processed sugars is this true? Im trying to cut bf% but do consume alot of1% milk in eggs, protein plus cereal, oatmeal and mostly in 2 or more shakes a day. Usually 1 pre and 1 PWO.
    If not milk what should i use in shakes? Water? eww

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowledgeIsPower View Post
    I've read that I should be avoiding Milk because of processed sugars is this true? Im trying to cut bf% but do consume alot of1% milk in eggs, protein plus cereal, oatmeal and mostly in 2 or more shakes a day. Usually 1 pre and 1 PWO.
    Processed sugar?? milk dont have processed sugar, it has high amount of simple sugars (lactose) which will spike ur insulin . i usaully use 1/2 cup fat frree milk and 1/2 cup water in my shakes.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    It's a on-going debate whether you should have any dairy at all while cutting. While cutting, the only dairy I have is cottage cheese before bed. To each their own.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    I love milk and can not seem to get away from it completely. But lets be honest. If you are even thinking about cutting, milk should not be on the diet.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Me too, I have to have some milk everyday, this talk is making me thirsty for a quart of fat-free milk. Yummy.

iagainsti is offline Associate Member
    I used to put fat free milk in my shakes but after using a ketogenic diet had to abandon the milk for water which sucked. I started using the pasturized liquid egg whites that come in the quart size containers from the grocery store. They dont have any taste but are much thicker then water and honestly make the shakes taste better then with milk. It saves on the protein powder and makes the shake more of a whole food source.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes I just gotta choke it down bro. When bulking I drink alot of milk, but cut it out completely when cutting. Try a different kind of protein in your shakes, some dont taste too terrible with water.

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    the tricks is to use little liquid. with a whey shake ill have 3 -4oz per scoop. i cant drink it witout gagging with 6oz.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i wouldn't be worried about milk because you're eating cereal.

post your diet up man. i can use milk in my dietary approach and keep fat off. it really depends on the whole diet, what you combine it with, and how you react to the specific sugars.

Thread Information