Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 1630
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Free Diet advice by Narkissos & Novastepp: Intro to Performance Nutrition 101

  1. #121
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
    well i have been doing a basically low carbs/fat/saturated fat, but high in protein.

    protein isn't the only macros you need in a good diet though. some use higher fats, myself and Nark use higher carbs, and this thread is centered around those benefits.


    When i wake up ill eat a small breakfast of lowfat yougurt, and a few hard boiled eggs and sometimes a bagel with low fat cream cheese.. then a few hours later ill have a protein bar, then ill eat lunch usually a sandwich, then a few hours later another small snack such as yogurt. then ill eat dinner such as chicken, rice, spinich/tuna/ more hard boiled eggs. then usualy another yogurt or 2 before bed. also when im done with a hard work out ill drink a protein shake at the gym.

    you are grossly under eating man. you really need to figure your daily caloric intake and cut at those levels. you are losing any of that quality muscle you worked so vigorously to put on. When you take the time to plan a diet its results will come back to you 10-fold. But it's up to you.

    it all sounds mundane and boring which it is, but im slimming up pretty good so far, and my roomate has been doing the same diet for roughly 4 months with NO cardio or gym what so ever, and has lost 50 pounds. he was like 265 and hes down to 215 right now. i have since got him into the gym and he is still seeing good progress.
    dieting can be boring. but if you are doing appropriate cardio and weight lifting. you NEED a solid diet.

  2. #122
    xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    219
    I have a question about entering into this type of "lifestyle".

    In a previous post Nark mentions the importance of being insulin sensitive for this type of program.

    It was also mentioned at some point about getting your body to this point but didnt go into any depth on what to do to get there. Is there a blanket type treatment, time period or a calculation that can be used to "prime" ourselves for this?

    If not I can give more info...

    What are some tell tell signs we are there after this "priming" period?

  3. #123
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by xpijeonx View Post
    I have a question about entering into this type of "lifestyle".

    In a previous post Nark mentions the importance of being insulin sensitive for this type of program.

    It was also mentioned at some point about getting your body to this point but didnt go into any depth on what to do to get there. Is there a blanket type treatment, time period or a calculation that can be used to "prime" ourselves for this?

    If not I can give more info...

    What are some tell tell signs we are there after this "priming" period?
    there are specific approaches that Nark uses with his clients regarding this issue. I have forwarded your question to him. I have never had to help anyone with their insulin sensitivity, so he should be the one answering this question.

  4. #124
    xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    219
    Awesome!!!

    Thanks bros, you guys are on it!

  5. #125
    THEGOLDPRO is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    dieting can be boring. but if you are doing appropriate cardio and weight lifting. you NEED a solid diet.
    well please feel free to tell me what else i should be adding to my diet to make sure i eat an approprite amount of food, and what i should actually be eating. thanks a ton for the help.

  6. #126
    abbot138's Avatar
    abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,485
    Nova, Im pretty sure you are an advocate of ZERO simple carbs while cutting even PWO or Post-cardio in the morning. Is this correct? So even a couple bananas or something like that after AM fasted-cardio would be out of the question?

  7. #127
    cslade305's Avatar
    cslade305 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    135
    Hey guys. Great thread. I don't want to inject myself in the middle of your discussion. I posted a thread seeking advice on april 25 and I hvent gotten one comment. I'm going to send you the link in a pm if that's ok. I'm on a blackberry at the moment so my computer skills are limited. I can post the originl thread here later.

  8. #128
    alphadog's Avatar
    alphadog is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NJNJ
    Posts
    175
    for lean bulking are sweet potatoes a better carb source rather than oats? oats go down easier for me

  9. #129
    solid90062's Avatar
    solid90062 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    605
    I was wondering if my multipliers are correct for my carb cycle cutting diet. The calories and carbs seem higher than I am used to working with.
    Stats 220lbs / 19% BF / Age 34




    **I typed these tables in word, but saved them into a Jpeg because they dont translate in the forums. Sorry if quoting it is inconvenient.
    Last edited by solid90062; 05-03-2008 at 07:50 PM.

  10. #130
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    Nova, Im pretty sure you are an advocate of ZERO simple carbs while cutting even PWO or Post-cardio in the morning. Is this correct? So even a couple bananas or something like that after AM fasted-cardio would be out of the question?
    I'm not opposed to fruits at all. berries, grapefruit and others have enormous nutritional value. i just don't see a need for dextrose and other "sugars". I personally don't use fruits when striving for pure fat loss. i stick to a very easy approach for weeks at a time. however, when training hard and looking for overall athletic performance, i will use fruits.

  11. #131
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by cslade305 View Post
    Hey guys. Great thread. I don't want to inject myself in the middle of your discussion. I posted a thread seeking advice on april 25 and I hvent gotten one comment. I'm going to send you the link in a pm if that's ok. I'm on a blackberry at the moment so my computer skills are limited. I can post the originl thread here later.
    bring it on

  12. #132
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
    for lean bulking are sweet potatoes a better carb source rather than oats? oats go down easier for me
    Nark has posted information on why he prefers potatoes over oats. I myself have seen his literature and agree. So I can say that we both agree that sweet potatoes are better than oats for fat loss and performance. However, if the biggest obstacle in your diet is the decision to use oats or potatoes, your diet is solid and you should be seeing progress with either.

  13. #133
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by solid90062 View Post
    I was wondering if my multipliers are correct for my carb cycle cutting diet. The calories and carbs seem higher than I am used to working with.
    Stats 220lbs / 19% BF / Age 34



    **I typed these tables in word, but saved them into a Jpeg because they dont translate in the forums. Sorry if quoting it is inconvenient.
    they look good. as you use this diet more and more, you will need to alter your caloric expenditure. In the past I have found that using a lower carb day further into my fat loss (say around week 8) fueled me into even greater fat loss.

    At this time you are also primed for LBM loss. So it is crucial that you amke up for lower carbs on those days if you choose to use them. For safety, i would substitute my leaner meats for beef and steak to supply extra fats and protein in place of my carbs. Myself, I even will up my protein in certain meals and cut carbs completely for a meal or two. and subsequently do cardio at some point during that carbohydrate fast.

    also, you may find that every 2-3 weeks you will have a carb reload day. this differs from a higher carb day in the fact that you will presumably eat as many carbs as possible early in the day and taper down to normal levels as the day progresses. Maybe upwards of 800g of carbs at around 200lbs if you reach that point in your fat loss. This will only be beneficial as you reach a lower body fat.


    For now your numbers look good, keep your cardio work up when cycling and it will also help you keep steady blood sugar levels. Every week or two weeks, you will need to reevaluate your LBM and estimate caloric needs based off of those numbers.

  14. #134
    solid90062's Avatar
    solid90062 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    they look good. as you use this diet more and more, you will need to alter your caloric expenditure. In the past I have found that using a lower carb day further into my fat loss (say around week 8) fueled me into even greater fat loss.

    At this time you are also primed for LBM loss. So it is crucial that you amke up for lower carbs on those days if you choose to use them. For safety, i would substitute my leaner meats for beef and steak to supply extra fats and protein in place of my carbs. Myself, I even will up my protein in certain meals and cut carbs completely for a meal or two. and subsequently do cardio at some point during that carbohydrate fast.

    also, you may find that every 2-3 weeks you will have a carb reload day. this differs from a higher carb day in the fact that you will presumably eat as many carbs as possible early in the day and taper down to normal levels as the day progresses. Maybe upwards of 800g of carbs at around 200lbs if you reach that point in your fat loss. This will only be beneficial as you reach a lower body fat.


    For now your numbers look good, keep your cardio work up when cycling and it will also help you keep steady blood sugar levels. Every week or two weeks, you will need to reevaluate your LBM and estimate caloric needs based off of those numbers.
    Should I be adding in my zero carb days now? And on which day would you suggest doing that? And what day would you suggest the carb reload day to be on? Should it follow the days after a zero carb day?
    And what made you suggest my body is primed for Lean Body Mass loss? Am I under nourishing?
    Last edited by solid90062; 05-04-2008 at 03:22 PM.

  15. #135
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
    well please feel free to tell me what else i should be adding to my diet to make sure i eat an approprite amount of food, and what i should actually be eating. thanks a ton for the help.
    There are many good threads that often circulate proper diets. I posted a very general example and another guy, Audis4 recently posted his diet that is well planned and accurately demonstrates a good diet.

    This thread also includes ways to calculate the appropriate number of calories you need in a day so look at those calculators. PM me or create a diet thread when you have an approach you have set up that fits your individual needs for critique.

    Audis4's thread... http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=341994

  16. #136
    audis4's Avatar
    audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    n/a
    Posts
    6,746
    ^^

    Couldn't have done it without your help

  17. #137
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by solid90062 View Post
    Should I be adding in my zero carb days now? And on which day would you suggest doing that?
    No no, you shouldn't use zero carb days. I meant that when you are much leaner and nearing the end of your cutter it may benefit you to eliminate them in a couple meals. You don't want to do it now. What step you need to take now is to use the diet and do your cardio. Manipulating your dietary approach as little as possible to maximize fat loss and keeping the calories high will maximize muscle retention and muscular performance.

    Caloric expenditure should be highest when begging a cut. It forces your body to adjust to a simple dietary approach as you manipulate your training regimen. So, keeping your cardio high and maximizing a high protein and high carbohydrate diet allows you to preserve muscle and improve strength. It also provides energy for training and cardio, and allows your body the opportunity to dissolve non-contributory tissue (fat). Further manipulation of a diet further along in fat loss, continues this process. So it wouldn't be needed now and you should rely on your dietary approach to propel you to that fat loss level.

    Journal of Sports Sciences, Optimizing Training, 2007; 25(S1): S17 – S28 EBSCOhost 1072954

  18. #138
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by audis4 View Post
    ^^

    Couldn't have done it without your help
    thanks for the kind words. You are a great example of someone who realizes what works for them and produces based off of that. You keep it simple and manage your time to provide enough time to prepare your meals and to keep progressing in your lifts. Need more people like you in this diet forum, and its nice for us since you also subscribe to the higher carb method of dieting. Plus, you are mostly responsible for your success, because you plan it out and take opinions openly. Plus you are the one stuffing your face and lifting all the weight. You will have great success with your diet.

  19. #139
    audis4's Avatar
    audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    n/a
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    thanks for the kind words. You are a great example of someone who realizes what works for them and produces based off of that. You keep it simple and manage your time to provide enough time to prepare your meals and to keep progressing in your lifts. Need more people like you in this diet forum, and its nice for us since you also subscribe to the higher carb method of dieting. Plus, you are mostly responsible for your success, because you plan it out and take opinions openly. Plus you are the one stuffing your face and lifting all the weight. You will have great success with your diet.
    Honestly, I couldn't be more appreciative to you and nark for all your diet help! I would still be a fat ass if it weren't for you guys/this forum!
    Thanks again for the kind words and support!

    keep in touch buddy!
    novastepp likes this.

  20. #140
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924

  21. #141
    Panzerfaust's Avatar
    Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    8,788
    Damnit, might as well join in now that I am back on the horse and doing cardio now. I have never really done the carb cycling, defaintely wanna give it a shot. So far after a few minutes I got this basic outline going:

    6'0 225lbs

    Cardio out the ass, and even double sometimes, especially on non-workout days.

    Workout Days



    ON Whey Protein w/ Grits kcals 420 Fat 1g Carb 46g Pro 50g

    6oz Chicken w/ 2 Tbsp Natty PB kcals 390 Fat 21g Carb 6g Pro 41g

    6oz Sirloin Steak w/ Spinach kcals 255 Fat 14g Carb 0g Pro 35g

    6 Egg Whites w/ grits kcals 350 Fat 0g Carb 46g Pro 40g

    After Shock PWO w/ 3 Tbsp Dex added in kcals 388 Fat 3g Carb 59g Pro 32g

    6 egg whites w/ grits kcals 450 Fat 0g Carb 68g Pro 42g

    ON Whey Protein Shake w/ 1 Tbsp Flax kcals 345 Fat 15g Carb 2g Pro 46g

    Total kcals 2498 Fat 53g Carb 205g Pro 284g

    Non Workout Days



    ON Whey Protein w/ Grits kcals 420 Fat 1g Carb 46g Pro 50g

    6oz Chicken w/ 2 Tbsp Natty PB kcals 390 Fat 21g Carb 6g Pro 41g

    6oz Sirloin Steak w/ Spinach kcals 255 Fat 14g Carb 0g Pro 35g

    6 Egg Whites w/ grits kcals 350 Fat 0g Carb 46g Pro 40g

    - Cardio Time -

    6 egg whites w/ grits kcals 450 Fat 0g Carb 68g Pro 42g

    ON Whey Protein Shake w/ 1 Tbsp Flax kcals 345 Fat 15g Carb 2g Pro 46g

    Total kcals 2110 Fat 50g Carb 146g Pro 252g


    I'm feeling pretty lazy at the moment, I got this basic outline going in 5-10 minutes. No, I don't love grits, just very easy to work with, rice is getting old and Oats as well. Probably need to alternate them regardless because looking at it, thats alot of ****ing grits. haha

    Tear it apart geniuses, help a fatty out.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 05-05-2008 at 11:55 AM.
    ***No source checks!!!***

  22. #142
    Narkissos's Avatar
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    20,744
    Blog Entries
    5
    I'm back.

    Will address any missed questions as soon as possible.

    -CNS

  23. #143
    Bastard Samurai's Avatar
    Bastard Samurai is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    162
    Sent this as a PM yesterday but maybe posting it here will make it easier/quicker to answer:

    I'm 29 yrs. old. If I weigh 185 and my bf % is 20% then my lean body mass would be about 148? If correct then would my maintenance intake would be about 2000 for sedentary and about 2600 kcals for moderately active? these are conservative numbers to error on the side of caution (regarding activity)...

    My activity would be compound weight lifting 4 x a week(for MMA and muay thai purposes) am cardio and heavy bag work (daily) and plyometric exercises (occasionally).

  24. #144
    Mr_Tobz is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    54
    Hello everyone.
    I'm having lots of trouble in my cutting thread
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...63#post3964263

    Here's my stats
    22yrs old
    Natural
    225lbs
    30%
    When you count the AMR via Narks way: (later on in the thread it is using overall mass)
    LBM=173lbs/78kilos
    *1.55
    = 3194.94 cals =AMR
    AMR-500=2684

    Here's the diet



    Meal 1
    ½ C oats 150 cals / 27g carbs / 5g Protein
    1 Cup of eggwhites 125 cals / 5 g carbs / 25g Protein

    Meal 2 PWO
    1C Oatmeal 300 calories / 54g carbs
    2 scoops whey 234 cals / 4g carbs / 48g Protein

    Meal 3
    Veggies
    12.5 oz Can of chicken / Tuna 300 cals / 0g carbs / 50g Protein
    ½ C Oats 150 cals / 27g carbs / 5g Protein


    Meal 4
    12.5oz can of chicken 300 cals / 0g carbs / 50g Protein
    Veggies Assorted

    Meal 5
    12.5oz can of chicken 300 cals / 0g carbs / 50g Protein
    2 tbsp flax 260cals / 28g fat

    Meal 6
    12.5oz chicken/tuna 300 cals / 0g carbs / 50g Protein
    2 tbsp flax 260cals / 28g fat

    Cals=2679 (official)
    Protein=283g
    Carbs=117g
    Fats= 56g fat

    AMR (3330)-500=2830 kcal


    That's when I have no whey protein

    Now this is when it's available (almost same cals)

    Meal 1
    ½ C oats 150 cals / 27g carbs / 5g Protein
    1 Cup of eggwhites 125 cals / 5 g carbs / 25g Protein

    Meal 2 PWO
    1C Oatmeal 300 calories / 54g carbs
    2 scoops whey 234 cals / 4g carbs / 48g Protein

    Meal 3
    Veggies
    12.5 oz Can of chicken / Tuna 300 cals / 0g carbs / 50g Protein
    ½ C Oats 150 cals / 27g carbs / 5g Protein


    Meal 4
    2 scoops Whey 234 cals / 4g carbs / 48g Protein
    2 tbsp flax 260cals / 28g fat

    Meal 5
    12.5oz can of chicken 300 cals / 0g carbs / 50g Protein
    Veggies Assorted


    Meal 6
    2 scoops Whey 234 cals / 4g carbs / 48g Protein
    2 tbsp flax 260cals / 28g fat


    Calories = 2547 (official)
    Protein = 279g
    Carbs = 125g
    Fats = 53g

    AMR (3330)-500=2830 kcal



    Thanks so much, you guys are great!

  25. #145
    Mr_Tobz is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    54
    I workout with weights 3x a week
    Chest shoulders tris
    Back Bis
    Legs

    Abs and calves twice a week

    5x a week cardio.
    After weights, I consume my PWO as shown on my diet post above, and directly go to 45mins cardio (usually elliptical).
    On non lifting days, 60 mins cardio.

  26. #146
    THEGOLDPRO is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    There are many good threads that often circulate proper diets. I posted a very general example and another guy, Audis4 recently posted his diet that is well planned and accurately demonstrates a good diet.

    This thread also includes ways to calculate the appropriate number of calories you need in a day so look at those calculators. PM me or create a diet thread when you have an approach you have set up that fits your individual needs for critique.

    Audis4's thread... http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=341994
    thanks alot man i really appreciate all you're help.

  27. #147
    ultra40's Avatar
    ultra40 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    419
    I know the calculation of the caloris intake i'm recommended, but i waondering what ya'll think i should take in from your own knowledge and experience.

    I'm 6'4 224 right now and i am bulking. I can cut very easy and but i have a hard time gaining weight. How many calories do you think i should take in? Can i handle 5000-6000?

  28. #148
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    Damnit, might as well join in now that I am back on the horse and doing cardio now. I have never really done the carb cycling, defaintely wanna give it a shot. So far after a few minutes I got this basic outline going:

    6'0 225lbs what do you think your bf% is?

    Cardio out the ass, and even double sometimes, especially on non-workout days.

    Workout Days




    Non Workout Days





    I'm feeling pretty lazy at the moment, I got this basic outline going in 5-10 minutes. No, I don't love grits, just very easy to work with, rice is getting old and Oats as well. Probably need to alternate them regardless because looking at it, thats alot of ****ing grits. haha

    Tear it apart geniuses, help a fatty out.
    I don't know if you've read many of the previous posts, but we aren't big fans of fat supplementation. I would tell you to cut out those high fat meals and try to keep carb amounts steady in each meal. Also without knowing your body fat%, i would say stay away from whey unless you choose to use it PWO. As far as your grits go, which would be a cool nickname , i would switch most of those carb sources to potatoes. sweet potatoes have worked well for me in the past and are usually better suited for folks over oats and grits...

  29. #149
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Samurai View Post
    Sent this as a PM yesterday but maybe posting it here will make it easier/quicker to answer:

    I'm 29 yrs. old. If I weigh 185 and my bf % is 20% then my lean body mass would be about 148? If correct then would my maintenance intake would be about 2000 for sedentary and about 2600 kcals for moderately active? these are conservative numbers to error on the side of caution (regarding activity)...

    My activity would be compound weight lifting 4 x a week(for MMA and muay thai purposes) am cardio and heavy bag work (daily) and plyometric exercises (occasionally).
    sounds like a good place to start. i have you pegged right around the 2700 calorie mark.

  30. #150
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tobz View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I'm having lots of trouble in my cutting thread
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...63#post3964263

    Here's my stats
    22yrs old
    Natural
    225lbs
    30%
    When you count the AMR via Narks way: (later on in the thread it is using overall mass)
    LBM=173lbs/78kilos
    *1.55
    = 3194.94 cals =AMR
    AMR-500=2684



    Here's the diet



    Meal 1
    ½ C oats 150 cals / 27g carbs / 5g Protein
    1 Cup of eggwhites 125 cals / 5 g carbs / 25g Protein

    Meal 2 PWO
    1C Oatmeal 300 calories / 54g carbs
    2 scoops whey 234 cals / 4g carbs / 48g Protein

    Meal 3
    Veggies
    12.5 oz Can of chicken / Tuna 300 cals / 0g carbs / 50g Protein
    ½ C Oats 150 cals / 27g carbs / 5g Protein


    Meal 4
    12.5oz can of chicken 300 cals / 0g carbs / 50g Protein
    Veggies Assorted

    Meal 5
    12.5oz can of chicken 300 cals / 0g carbs / 50g Protein
    2 tbsp flax 260cals / 28g fat

    Meal 6
    12.5oz chicken/tuna 300 cals / 0g carbs / 50g Protein
    2 tbsp flax 260cals / 28g fat

    Cals=2679 (official)
    Protein=283g
    Carbs=117g
    Fats= 56g fat

    you want to keep carbs in every meal. so keep those levels steady. figure how many carbs you want in your day, and divide that by your meals. I'm going to guess and say it should be around 240g. you will get all the fat you need from your lean meats. you don't need supplemented fat. make every one of those meals a pro/carb meal and utilize the higher carbs to help you stay active and keep your glycogen stores at highest possible levels, allowing you to succeed in the gym.

    Stellingwerff, T., Boit, M. K., Res,. (Dec2007) Nutritional strategies to optimize training and recovery in performance and middle-distance athletes. Journal of Sports Sciences, Supplement 1, Vol. 25, p17-28, 12p





    AMR (3330)-500=2830 kcal


    That's when I have no whey protein

    Now this is when it's available (almost same cals)

    Meal 1
    ½ C oats 150 cals / 27g carbs / 5g Protein
    1 Cup of eggwhites 125 cals / 5 g carbs / 25g Protein

    Meal 2 PWO
    1C Oatmeal 300 calories / 54g carbs
    2 scoops whey 234 cals / 4g carbs / 48g Protein

    Meal 3
    Veggies
    12.5 oz Can of chicken / Tuna 300 cals / 0g carbs / 50g Protein
    ½ C Oats 150 cals / 27g carbs / 5g Protein


    Meal 4
    2 scoops Whey 234 cals / 4g carbs / 48g Protein
    2 tbsp flax 260cals / 28g fat

    Meal 5
    12.5oz can of chicken 300 cals / 0g carbs / 50g Protein
    Veggies Assorted


    Meal 6
    2 scoops Whey 234 cals / 4g carbs / 48g Protein
    2 tbsp flax 260cals / 28g fat


    Calories = 2547 (official)
    Protein = 279g
    Carbs = 125g
    Fats = 53g

    AMR (3330)-500=2830 kcal



    Thanks so much, you guys are great!
    comment above in bold so after considering your carb sources you can repost the diet. i would also probably stick to sweet potatoes as often as possible but oats and rice work for some.
    Last edited by novastepp; 05-07-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: spacing

  31. #151
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tobz View Post
    I workout with weights 3x a week
    Chest shoulders tris
    Back Bis
    Legs

    Abs and calves twice a week

    5x a week cardio.
    After weights, I consume my PWO as shown on my diet post above, and directly go to 45mins cardio (usually elliptical).
    On non lifting days, 60 mins cardio.
    you should do your PWO cardio immediately after training and then have your PWO shake afterwards. and when are you doing your cardio? am moderate-rate cardio? or otherwise?

  32. #152
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
    thanks alot man i really appreciate all you're help.
    keep us updated

  33. #153
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra40 View Post
    I know the calculation of the caloris intake i'm recommended, but i waondering what ya'll think i should take in from your own knowledge and experience.

    I'm 6'4 224 right now and i am bulking. I can cut very easy and but i have a hard time gaining weight. How many calories do you think i should take in? Can i handle 5000-6000?
    little more info. age, bodyfat% training experience.

    no reason to get sloppy with a bulk, even if you can cut easily.

  34. #154
    damiongage's Avatar
    damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pergatory
    Posts
    3,432
    Alright guys.....beat me up...

    33 yrs old
    5'9
    BF=22%
    weight =255lbs

    Injured shoulder and let life get in the way a little too much in the last year, but just got my home gym done and it is time to rock it out.. Diet is based on 2400-2500 cals a day(300pro/ 200 carb/ 55 fat) Meals are rounded to meet requirements (ie if 1 cup oats have 56 carbs...i measure out a light cup to compensate)...Trying to cut, and will adjust cals and cardio as needed to keep up 1.5lb per week loss.

    5:45 wake up
    Coffee

    6:30
    30 min fasted cardio (will go to 45 when needed)

    7:00
    1 scoop whey
    8oz liquid eggwhites
    2 tbl natty PB
    50g pro/ 20g fat

    9:30
    1 scoop whey
    8oz cooked eggwhites
    1/2cup veggies (in eggs)
    2/3cup oatmeal
    50g pro/ 50g carb

    12:00
    1 8oz chicken breast
    1 cup broccoli
    1/2 sweet potato
    50g pro/ 50g carb

    2:30
    8oz lean steak
    1/4 cup almonds
    1c green beans
    50g pro/20g fat/ minimal carbs

    5:00 (Pre W/O)
    1 scoop whey
    1c Yogurt
    strawberries, raspberries, blackberries
    1/4 granola
    50g pro/ 50g carbs


    5:15
    Lift (M,T, Thur, Fi)
    20min cardio
    1 hour exercise (racquetball for ex) on non lift days

    6:30
    1 scoop whey
    8oz liquid egg whites
    1cup ground oats
    50g pro/ 50g carbs

    9:00
    1/4 cup almonds
    6g pro/ 14g fat




    Obviously types of meats and veggies change, but you get the drift...lean meats, green veggies...ect....this is a good example of my diet now.....

    So whatcha think????

  35. #155
    cslade305's Avatar
    cslade305 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    135
    Hello bros. Great thread. Thanks for the effort you are putting into it. I finished my first deca and test prop cycle about 4-5 weeks ago. At least for me I was happy with the results. I have dropped 20lbs since the cycle (high was 240 lbs during cycle) ended but do not feel I have lost muscle. My goal is to have more of an athletic/swimmer's build than have huge muscles. That being said, here are my current stats:
    42 years old
    220lbs
    6'-4"
    I don't know all my measurements, but my chest is approx. 47"
    Body fat (taken by gym worker) = 18.5%

    I have attached some pics as well. The black and white ones were closer to when my cycle ended. The color ones are from this morning. In addition to diet advise, I am also trying to plan my next cycle. I have enough test prop to use it again but need suggestions as to what to add to it.

    Here is my current diet.

    Fat Carb Protein Cal.
    Breakfast 32 60 46 720
    8AM:6 eggs, 1 cup oatmeat

    Snack 6 3 19 147
    11AM: Starkist Tuna pouch, 1 tblsp mayo

    Lunch 3.5 33 32 280
    1PM: Chicken breast and 1 cup brown rice

    Snack 6 3 19 147
    4PM: Tuna puoch and 1 tblsp mayo

    Shake 19.5 76 35 590
    6PM: 1 scoop whey, 2 tblsp peanut butter, 1 banana, 1 small low carb/sugar yogurt smoothie

    PWO Shake 2.5 5 20 130
    8/9PM: 1 scoop whey

    Dinner 3.5 50 35 228
    9/10PM: Chickenb breast, brown rice, broccoli spears

    Totals 73 Fat, 230 Carb, 206 Protein, 2242 Calories

    I look forward to your comments and suggestions. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Free Diet advice by Narkissos & Novastepp: Intro to Performance Nutrition 101-workout-014.jpg   Free Diet advice by Narkissos & Novastepp: Intro to Performance Nutrition 101-workout-006.jpg   Free Diet advice by Narkissos & Novastepp: Intro to Performance Nutrition 101-workout-010.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images

  36. #156
    M3 Muscle is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1
    Got one for you guys.

    I'm 26, 180lbs., 15% BF. I've been out of the gym for 3 years due to broken bones, and have dropped 15 lbs and added an extra 5% BF. I basically have a desk job, but currently work out 5 times a week (little to no carido). I'm looking to add lots of lean muscle mass and gradually trim off body fat.

    I calculated my BMR using the KM method and came up with 1869 cal. My TDEE is 2570 cal using 1.375, or 2897 cal using 1.55. I figured that since I had a mostly desk job I would figure my diet on the 1.375, but correct me if I'm wrong.

    Here's the new diet:

    Cal - Fat - Carbs - Protein

    Meal 1 (has to be quick as I'm not a morning person) - 7:00 AM
    1 cup Kashi Go Lean (cereal) w/ 1 cup soy milk - 240 - 4.5 - 39 - 20
    2 scoops EAS blended protein (35g) - 140 - 2 - 3 - 27
    Meal 1 Total 380 - 6.5 - 42 - 47

    Meal 2 - 9:30 AM
    Egg omelet w/ 1 egg yoke and 5 whites 134 - 4.5 - 1 - 18
    1/2 cup oatmeal 75 - 1 - 13.5 - 2.5
    1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese w/ 1/2 cup pineapple 150 - 1.5 - 20 - 13
    Meal 2 Total 359 -7 - 34.5 - 33.5

    Meal 3 - 12:00 PM
    1 chicken breast (6 oz.) 165 - 2.25 - 0 - 36
    100 g carrots 35 - 0 - 8 - 1
    2 slices whole wheat bread 138 - 2 - 24 - 8
    Meal 3 Total 338 - 4.25 - 32 - 45

    Meal 4 - 2:30 PM
    1 can tuna (6 oz.) 175 - 3 - 0 -38
    1 cup frozen mixed vegetables w/ 1 tbsp. butter 180 - 5 - 26 - 6
    1/4 cup brown rice 150 -1 - 32 -3
    Meal 4 Total 505 - 9 - 58 - 47

    Meal 5 - 5:15 PM
    6 oz. lean pork tenderloin 195 - 7.5 - 3 - 28.5
    100 g zucchini squash 21 - 0 - 3 - 3
    2 slices whole wheat bread 138 - 2 - 24 - 8
    Meal 5 Total 354 - 9.5 - 30 - 39.5

    Pre Workout Nutrition
    1 scoop ON whey protein (30.4g) 120 - 1 - 3 - 24


    Workout 6:15 PM - 8:00 PM

    PWO Nutrition
    8 oz. pineapple-grapefruit juice 117 - 0 - 29 - 0
    2 scoops EAS blended protein (35g) 140 - 2 - 3 - 27
    PWO Nutrition Total 257 - 2 - 32 - 27

    Meal 6 - 8:30 PM
    4 oz. lean ground beef 212 - 8 - 0 - 24
    100 g asparagus 20 - 0 - 4 - 2
    1 slice whole wheat bread 69 - 1 - 12 - 4
    Meal 6 Total 309 - 9 - 16 - 30

    Total Fat - 48.25g
    Total Carb - 247.5g
    Total Protein - 293g

    Fat Cal - 434.25
    Carb Cal - 990
    Protein Cal - 1172

    Total Cal - 2596.25

    Breakdown Calories by % (fat/carb/protein) - 16.73% / 38.13% / 45.14%


    Rip away!!!
    Last edited by M3 Muscle; 05-08-2008 at 11:54 PM.

  37. #157
    abbot138's Avatar
    abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,485
    I just wanted to give a quick shot out to Nark and Nova. For anyone who is considering the low-fat, adequate carb style of cutting, DO IT!!!!!! I have gotten as much out of 5 days of utilizing this method as about 1 month of the traditional low carb method. Plus, I havent lost any stength or intensity in the gym, im not starving all the time, I dont feel scrawny and weak, and Im not pissy all the time like I usually am when cutting. Bottom line, this is the only way to cut and it is the only way I will be cutting from now on.

  38. #158
    Juice_E's Avatar
    Juice_E is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    61
    Meal 1: Calories Fat Pro Carbs
    5 egg whites 80 0 15 0
    2whole eggs 150 10 12 2
    1/2 cup oats 150 3 5 27

    Meal 2:
    tuna 150 1.5 32.5 0

    Meal 3:
    Chicken breast 120 1.5 24 0
    Brown rice 216 2 5 45

    Meal 4:
    same as 3

    Meal 5:
    Pwo shake 130 15 24 0
    oats 1/2 150 3 5 45

    Meal 6:
    5 turkey slices 150 2.5 20 5
    1/2 cup oats 150 3 5 27

    Meal 7:
    Same as 6

    Bedtime snack
    Natty PB 210 16 8 6
    Cottage cheese 696 30 84 18

    Totals cal: 2862 fat: 79 pro: 301 carb: 206
    stats. 170ish, 19-21% BF, 18 years old, plan on 2-3hour workouts , 5 days a week and cardio 7x a week

    I’m adding flax to meals 3, 7 and 8
    This was suppose to be a cutting diet, but after I read that you guys recommend that I use LBM to calculate my macros, my question now is would this be suitable as a steady gain diet. Not necessarily a bulker.

    as far as carb cycling is that like since i need 206 carbs i would do that one day and then say like 100-150 carbs another day?

    thinking of using clen after a month or so into diet
    Last edited by Juice_E; 05-09-2008 at 11:04 AM.

  39. #159
    NeedAnabolics's Avatar
    NeedAnabolics is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    173

    Bulking Diet

    Ok I've posted this diet several times already. I'm 5'10" 180 lbs now, I've seen about an 8 lb increase since I started 6 weeks ago (Started 172lbs). I have a couple of questions, 1.How do you keep your insulin levels spiked, and 2: is there anything else I can add to my diet.


    Cals,Pro,Carbs,Fat

    Meal 1(8:00am): Macro's: 806,69,81,18.75

    -8 boiled eggs (136/24/0/0)
    -Whey protein shake (285/40/10/2)
    -1 cup oatmeal ( 300/10/54/5)
    -1 1/2 Cup Whole Milk (225,12,17,12)
    -1 bananna

    Meal 2 (10:30am): Macro's: 413,40,33,12

    -6-8 Ground Turkey (173,36,0,1)
    -1/2 non cooked cup brown rice (150/4/33/1)
    -1 tablespoon flaxseed oil (90/0/0/10)

    Meal 3 (12:30pm) Macro's: 870,93,64,31

    -2 cans chunk light Tuna (300/65/0/1)
    -2 slices whole wheat bread ( 280/12/52/4)
    -1 tablespoon flaxseed oil ( 90/0/0/10)
    -2 tablespoons peanut butter (200/16/12/16)
    -1 apple, some tomato, lemon, and jalepenos for tuna.

    Meal 4 (2:30pm) Macro's: 380,49,30,11.5

    -6-8 oz Chicken (150/40/0/1)
    -16g peanuts (80/4/3/8)
    -1/2 Cup Oats (150,5,27,2.5)

    Meal 5 (4:30pm) PWO Macro's: 600,45,84,8

    -6oz Ground beef: 200,33,0,6
    -2/3 Cup Pasta: 400,12,84,2

    Meal 6 PPWO (7:30) Macro's: 948,55.5,116,18.75

    -1/2 Scoop Whey: 73,11.5,5,.75
    -80g Glyocomaize or Dextrose: 280,0,52,0
    -1 Cup Whole Milk: 150,8,11,8
    -3 Slices White Bread: 210,6,42,1.5
    -3 Slices Turkey: 135,15,6,6
    -5 Slices Turkey Bacon: 100,15,0,2.5

    Meal 7 BedTime (10:00) Macro's: 310,32,9,16.5

    -1 Scoop Casein: 110,24,3,.5
    -2 TB Peanut Butter: 200,8,6,16

    Total Macros’:
    Calories: 4327 (fruits, veggies not included, right around 4700 Cals)
    Protein: 376
    Carbohydrates: 417
    Fat: 117

    Harris Benedict Formula: 66+ (1071) + (876) – (136) = 1877 (OLD)
    1877 x 1.725= 3238
    Calories to maintain current weight @ 172lbs, height at 5’9”, 20 years of age.

    I noticed my Percentages are about, Carbs 46%, Protein 41%, and Fat 13%, I might need to make changes, suggestions? More Fat or... PWO and PPWO fluctuate, if i work out earlier those meals are eaten earlier and the others pushed later on during the day
    Last edited by NeedAnabolics; 05-09-2008 at 10:26 AM.

  40. #160
    TheArtist's Avatar
    TheArtist is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    629
    rather than clutter this thread, if one of you gentlemen would be so kind as to post in my thread, i'd be very appreciative.
    thanks.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...12#post3972612

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •