Arniefan is offline Associate Member

Diet help please

Ive done these calculations what I got off the internet to gain lean muscle and lose fat

my weight is 210 pound

Calories: 3276
    (210 x .65) 24 = 3276

Protein: 434 grams
    (3276 x .53)/4 = 434

Carbohydrates: 303 grams
    (3276 x .35)/4 = 303

Fat: 36 grams
    (3276 x .10)/9 = 36 grams

Now the hard part.Im struggling to get to the amounts I need.Ive got Irritable Bowel Syndrome so cant have protein shakes because there go straight throw me.Has anyone got any ideas?

thanks will really appreciate it

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    If the protein shakes are what is holding you back, then you just have to substitute them. Lots (and I do mean LOTS) of Tuna, Grilled Chicken, Egg Whites, etc spread out throughout the day. Give your thread some time too, someone else in here is bound to have better info for you than me.

Good luck

Almost forgot.... don't forget your workouts, obviously any diet like this is meaningless without the workout.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    What are your meals right now? Post your diet. Your macro totals are a little off and dont believe in all the marketing hype of >2g/lbs of weight. That is unfounded. Nonetheless post your diet with macros per meal.

At the min my diet is

Meal 1 Porridge
    Pint of milk

Snack tin of tuna

Meal 2 Pasta and 2 tins of tuna or samon

Meal 3 Chicken and rice and veg

Meal 4 2 egg toastys bread without butter

Not sure what the calories are was going to be first time I was going to try it properly.If u write a suggested diet down I will follow it just cant have protein shakes because of my IBS. Someone suggested egg white powder is that alot diffnt to protein powder?

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Arnie with all due respect man that diet is just.......insufficient. You are not going to achieve those required macros with that diet. Now the required macros that you got is another issue. What are your stats? Age, height etc?
    Next, technically speaking, to gain muscle mass you must have a calorie surplus. To lose fat you must have a calorie deficit. See where Im going with this? Meaning it is extremely difficult to gain muscle mass AND lose body fat. I suggest chose one or the other, it is possible to gain mass while keeping BF close to constant. I also suggest that if you don't have much muscle mass then you start with this because more muscle mass will lead to slightly faster metabolism and thus easier to lose BF once you start you cutting diet.

Im 26
    height 6 foot
    Weight 15 stone
    bodyfat 16%

I want to get down to 10-12% but without losing to much size if possibe

What would u recomend for a diet? rem I will have to have food because cant have protein shakes with having IBS its a right pain because makes it twice as hard but willing to eat what ever you write.Thanks for the help

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    What are your meals right now? Post your diet. Your macro totals are a little off and dont believe in all the marketing hype of >2g/lbs of weight. That is unfounded. Nonetheless post your diet with macros per meal.
    Absolutely agreed.

Arniefan, are you a fan of that little black guy of the sitcom?

You need 1.5gr of protein per pound of LBM (lean body mass).
    All that amount is useless and probably bad for your health.

So with less calories you should keep your gains lean more easily.

Thread Information