daniel_3855 is offline Member

dont understand diets? whats best for me.?

this is what i eat,
    breakfeast- quaker oats
    dinner- tuna butty with little mayo.
    tea- fish, or chicken with jacket potato some veg. or a pasta chicken bake or fish bake with jacket potato. thats it
    3 pints of water 2 cups of tea. a day

all i wont to do is loose weight fast. i see diets on here with like 5 meals a day and protien shakes how do you loose weight on all that?

can anyone tell me whats the best diet for me to loose weight while on clen ?
    iam on the cross-trainer 30mins a day and lift weights 30mins a day.?

just dont understand how you loose weight when your eating alot of food and drinking them protien shakes as they have loads of cals in them.

anyone help.

RikuY is offline Junior Member
    Eating that amount of food is not enough for your body. Your body turns into starvation mode and conserves everything, including the fat. To get the body going, you have to eat a balanced diet, appropriate amounts based on BMR calculations, drink lots of water (I drink 2 gallons a day), and weightlifting/cardio at least 3 times a week.

If you aren't losing now, you won't lose with Clen .

Click on the cutting diet sticky at the top of the Diet forum and read up. Base a diet from there, and keep the activity level you have. This will show you the impact of your diet on weight loss. Good luck!

thanks mate, but about the protien shakes i want to feed my muscles but without gaining weight whats the best to use or is that in the diet?

been going on cross trainer now for 2 weeks and with my new job in the building trade working my ars off that helps with my cardio to.

in them 2 weeks i have lost 3-4 pound so its working. and freinds have even said wow your loosing weight puts a big grin on my face when hearing that would i loose even more if was on 1 off them diets????

anyone?

rickrick55 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=75729

if your trying to cut you need a longer lasting protein..try casein protein or get a mix of different proteins..one that takes longer to digest is what you want

hi its says that diet its only a cuting primer what does that mean? so all i need to do is add lots of protien to my diet and maybe a protien shake before and after i work out?

but still dont understand how it helps to loose weight by eating alot more of protien which has loads of cals and having protien shakes that have loads of cals in them??????

Think of your metabolism as a camp fire. You have to keep feeding the fire to keep it going. Protein is great for building lean body mass. I have one shake during the day, and a casein shake right before bed, but everything else should really come from whole foods.

The cutting primer is in reference that the diet listed is a starting point, and as you learn about what you should eat, and how your body reacts to different feeding macros, you adjust your diet.

If you follow this diet for 2 weeks minimum, you would be surprised at how well you cut some fat. Just keep up the activity level, and drink 2 gallons of water a day. Water is very, VERY important in all this...

Try it and post back in 2 weeks to let us know how you did!

right now iam geting it. it will be hard for me to drink that much water as i hate water makes me feel sick but will try my best to get as much down me as poss,

i have a tub of creatine but says it has no protien in it just full of carbs?

if anyone has a good cutting diet or noes any threads with a goo cutting diet please link me to it thanks.

Just do as much water as possible, minimum of 1 gallon a day. Don't take the creatine right now. It will cause water retention, and if it has carbs, it's probably a pre-workout blend to give you simple carb energy for your workout... not what you should be taking now.

Post your age, height, weight, bodyfat % (estimate if needed), and activity level. I will do your Harris-Benedict to show you how to do it...

age 23
    5ft9
    think i have 15% body fat see pics? but if i sit down i look alot fatter all the rolls start pileing up lol.

only just started weights a couple of days ago but will be lifting everyday.
    go on cross-trainer for half hour every day and go on a ab lounge 10mins everyday to work on my abs for when i loose my rolls. also iam always workin my arse off at work.

should i get some protien shakes aswell???

http://www1.snapfish.co.uk/slideshow...8/t_=123924198

Last edited by daniel_3855; 05-01-2008 at 12:20 PM.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    you are only lifting 30 min a day? is that by choice or do u not have enough time? if you increase your lifting regiment, you will burn more calories. which means you will lose weight... and chekc out hte cutting diet forum... and yes you should incorporate some protein shakes if you are going to be lifting hard...

weight?

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Work on your diet, BIG TIME. Yes, you should incorporate protein shakes (whey) especially for PWO. Do your cardio in the morning before your first meal for a minimum of 45 minutes. DON'T do abs every day, they're a muscle too so they need a break! Once every 4 days or so if you want to work them more than once a week.

12stone 3pounds.

i can only do cardio after work.
    so i will buy some whey shakes how many a day? and do i take them before or after cardio and lifting?

i only do 30mins of lifting because of the time i have as i mainly want to work on loosing fat so i just do half cardio and half lifting.

oh i do my lifting 30mins a day is that ok as you say need to give muscles a break?? but if iam working on my arms 1 day then do chest and back the next day means my arms are geting a break yes????
    Last edited by daniel_3855; 05-01-2008 at 01:39 PM.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Lift like 3 days a week. One day back/biceps, day 2 chest/tri, day 3 legs. Do all compound heavy lifting movements since you're just starting off. You muscles need more than one day to rest.

You should have some sort of whey protein shake after lifting with a fast acting carb but you don't need it after cardio. What you really need to do is write up a correct diet so we can critique cause you're barely eating right now. Your body won't even burn fat right now because it's storing everything it can.

Okay... from active dot com, there is a fitness calculator where you plug all this in. Your maintenance calories is 3147 calories/day. To cut, take off 500-1000. So, roughly plan to consume 2600 calories/day.
    Based on your food preferences, click on the diet help from PerfectBeast thread in this section. Read over the multiple different plans in there that correspond with the food you like and go at it. Go to calorieking dot com to check on any foods not mentioned in the threads that you would like to try to fit into your macros. Macros are your calorie totals from protein, carbs, and fat. Everybody will like different ratios, but you can start with a 50/30/20 breakdown. This goes to 1300 calories (325grams) of protein, 780 calories (195 grams) of carbs, and 520 calories (58 grams) of fat. You want protein/carb meal for breakfast and prior to workout for energy. Keep to protein/fat for the others, especially as the day goes on.

Protein sources could be egg whites, chicken, turkey, lean mince, and fat free cottage cheese right before bed for casein protein. Carb sources could be oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes. Your fats will come from the lean meat, and you could add some natural peanut butter, fish oil caps in supplement form, or cooking with olive, coconut oils.

Try to get evenly timed meals, 5-6 in quantity throughout the day. Try building one yourself, and post it up here... ask any questions you want...

Thumbs up

right so best get my diet sorted first? its hard for me to eat coulple of times a day as iam working? what i think i will do is have my oats and 3 egg whites and 1 yoak at 8.30 then a banana or apple at 10 then a piece of chicken breast at 12 then a whey shake at 2 then fish & jacket potato or chicken breast and jacket potato with veg at 5 then lifting and cardio at 6 then piece of chicken breast or can of tuna at 7. and lots of water. maybe get some protien bars to add in hows that or is it rubish? also whats the natural peanut butter is it just the paste that you get from any local store?
    if i need to add something else in let me know. i mainly need something i can take to work that i dont need to cook or that i can eat cold?

and thanks guys for all your help and time
    Last edited by daniel_3855; 05-01-2008 at 02:35 PM.

oh and i will be taking clen to help me out.

also is this what i need for the protien shakes? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PROTEIN-Drink-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by daniel_3855; 05-01-2008 at 03:05 PM.

jeffefrijoles is offline Associate Member
    Skip the clen , save it.

Daniel,
    It's starting to shape up... I would take it one step further and write all of it down. I use a spreadsheet with calories, proteins, carbs, fats in columns. Add them all up at the bottom to keep tabs on what you are taking in. Don't bother with protein bars unless they are more convenient to eat at work. Buy more chicken with the money... lol. I take chicken breast and broccoli to work in a tupperware and eat it room temp. I chant "Feed the Machine!" to make it go down...

Any protein shakes are fine as long as they are low in carbs and fats. Usually whey protein powder is best for a cutting regimen. The one you linked seems fine... I would suggest the chocolate flavor...

Keep us posted on your progress!

ok mate will put an update in 1 week or 2 see how iam geting on.

is fruit any good to add in my diet morning and late afternoon? also will get some natural peanut butter? would you say 2 shakes a day 1 around 12ish? and 1 just before workout?

also the egg whites have you got to drink them raw or fry them and have like scram egg?

Fruit is not great due to sugar. Simple carbs not good for dropping weight. If you must try berries/cherries/bananas. Try to keep those to right after workouts. The shake placement sounds good. Switch the one before workout to right after.

Eggs are better when cooked. Has to do with bioavailability of the protein. At the beginning stages though, either way you prefer is fine.

Good job on keeping up with this! The results will come with the hard work...

just an update only started 5 days ago due to bein lazy but now ive kicked my ars in to gear lol. this is the 5th day of my diet and workout, lost 3lb in weight, lost 1 inch off my waist, gained half inch on my bies, so looks like its going well.
    Last edited by daniel_3855; 05-18-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Thread Information