Thread: PCT Nutrition

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member

PCT Nutrition

Stats are: 5’10”, 210 lbs. around 13% bf
    I am just coming off of a lean bulk cycle consisting of:
    Weeks 1-12, Test E 500mg/week
    Weeks 1-10, Tren E 400mg/week
    Weeks 1-4, D-Bol 40mg/day
    And will be cutting after PCT. My question is right now I am taking in right at 4200 calories a day, should I continue to take this amount of calories during my 4 weeks of PCT or will I be ok dropping my cals a little bit? Summer is fastly approaching but I want to keep my muscle gains.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i'm going to PM you in a lil.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Sounds good will be looking for it.

Any of you guys have some feedback, Nova hasn't PM'd me yet.

Would it be bad to drop down to maintenance calories during my 4 weeks of PCT? The goal is to keep my gains while shedding some fat with minimal muscle loss, can it be done?

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would keep calories up during PCT to keep as much of your hard earned muscle as possible. Worry about the fat loss after PCT.

Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    I would keep calories up during PCT to keep as much of your hard earned muscle as possible. Worry about the fat loss after PCT.
    Thanks for the reply bro! Yeah I have heard that you want to keep cals high during this period I was just wondering if I could get by dropping it a few hundred cals. I wish I would have started bulking a month or so earlier as summer is right around the corner.

Any other opinions guys?

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Keep cals above maintenance.

I'm going to be battling PCT hard w/ IGF and CJC! Keep cals up like abbot said; this way you should keep most of your gains!

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Why doesn't everybody have this privilege?

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    Thanks for the reply bro! Yeah I have heard that you want to keep cals high during this period I was just wondering if I could get by dropping it a few hundred cals. I wish I would have started bulking a month or so earlier as summer is right around the corner.
    Ahhhh same boat as me, I f'd up and decided to do some nice bulking in the middle of Spring, dumb ass. Its all good tho. Keep the cals up, keep what you can and then cut that shiiit up. If you want an interseting and EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE viewpoint on cutting, check out Nark and Nova's diet thread. I'm cutting at 3400 calories and my carbs are up around 385g, my BF is down from 15.5% to around 12.5% in 11 days, its all about low low low fat, no joke check it out. You might even be able to utilize some of its ideas right now....IMO High input, high output is the way to go. Just start uping your cardio right now, but keep eating your ass off.

Good advice bro. Yeah I have been following nolva and nark's thread and it has been really educational. Wow 15.5% bf to 12.5% in 11 days that's awesome. How low are you keeping your fats? What are your stats? What cardio routine and duration? Thanks for the help and keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by audis4 View Post
    Keep cals above maintenance.

I'm going to be battling PCT hard w/ IGF and CJC! Keep cals up like abbot said; this way you should keep most of your gains!
    That is what everyone keeps telling me so I better listen. Do you see any harm in upping my cardio a bit while still keeping my cals high during PCT?

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    Good advice bro. Yeah I have been following nolva and nark's thread and it has been really educational. Wow 15.5% bf to 12.5% in 11 days that's awesome. How low are you keeping your fats? What are your stats? What cardio routine and duration? Thanks for the help and keep it up.
    fat is around 20-25g a day. all of it is just "by-product" fat from lean meats and carb sources. Right now I'm 5'10", 190lb, aborund 12.5BF. Cardio, 5 times a week, soon to be 6 45 minutes, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, heart rate at 70% max. I was doing some interval sprints a couple times a week for 20 minutes to change things up a bit, but it was to hard on my knees, so i am back to good old AM, steady state, fasted cardio.

fat is around 20-25g a day. all of it is just "by-product" fat from lean meats and carb sources. Right now I'm 5'10", 190lb, aborund 12.5BF. Cardio, 5 times a week, soon to be 6 45 minutes, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, heart rate at 70% max. I was doing some interval sprints a couple times a week for 20 minutes to change things up a bit, but it was to hard on my knees, so i am back to good old AM, steady state, fasted cardio.
    Can you pm me the diet you are following now or send me a link if you have posted on here? Do you feel liked the fasted state cardio has helped dramatically? I have been doing cardio post workout 4 days a week, would like to do am cardio but I have to be at work at 6:30 am. Thanks for the help bro.

Yeah, i dont have time to do it today, gotta watch Lebron finish off the C's But i will shoot it to you tomorrow. I love AM, fasted, ss cardio, I feel it has made a huge difference for me. I bit the bullet and bought a cheap ass $800 treadmill bc there was no way I was making it to the gym 6 days a week before work.....Ill shoot you pm soon.

Yeah, i dont have time to do it today, gotta watch Lebron finish off the C's But i will shoot it to you tomorrow. I love AM, fasted, ss cardio, I feel it has made a huge difference for me. I bit the bullet and bought a cheap ass $800 treadmill bc there was no way I was making it to the gym 6 days a week before work.....Ill shoot you pm soon.
    Thanks bro!

Thread Information