Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic

Red face please read and critique

I was told to post this here im 20 5'9 190 and probally 14-18% body fat i want to get really cut up im happy with my muscle size except chest i would like to get to 6-10 percent bodyfat if thats even possible also i have no gear experince and asking you guys because so far i have found you all the most knowledgeable on the bodybuilding/fitness athletic subject thanks

my daily sample diet

meal 1-some oatmeal w/ 1% mile and a scoop of whey

snack 1-some fruit and almonds or peice of chick breast with some cheese

meal 2-a shke with no-fat no sugar yogurt with 1% milk ice some whey and a little juice no HF corn syrup or like a sammy with no mayo on whole wheat or something like that

snack 2-2 corn tortillas with some black beans and chicken or egg whites

post gym snack-scoop of whey with big apple

gym 7-9:30 doing 20-30 mins of cardio after wieghts on stationary bike hr 140-150

PWO snack-2 scoops of whey with fruit juice

b4 bedtime-cottage cheese with pepper, i try to eat every 2 or 2 and half hours
    Last edited by Deltasaurus; 05-28-2008 at 12:19 PM.

thanks
    Last edited by Deltasaurus; 05-28-2008 at 12:19 PM.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    You need to post the macros (Protein, Fat, Carb) for each meal and totals for the day. No one is going to do the work for you. If you want help be thourough and specific so we have an idea of where your at....Just off the top of my head, first impressions. You need to lose the shakes for any meal other than Pre or PWO or some casein before bedtime, use whole food for all other meals, you need to ditch the dairy completely when cutting, you need A TON more green veggies, i dont really see any at all other than before bed, the corn tortilla is a no no. These are just some basic top of my head thoughts. Figure out macros and repost with exact numbers and you will get plenty of assistance. Also you can read the thread titled "Unofficial how to cut diet," if you want ome basic concepts for cutting.

ok thanks but how do i figure the exact marcros

also so none of my nofat no sugar yogurt?

Just gotta sit down and take an average day of eating (use above if that is what you usually eat) and find out the Protein, Fat, Carb content of EVERYTHING. http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ Here is a site to help you out. I know its a pain, but if you want to get serious about your diet then you need to know what you are actually puting into your body. You'll be amazed at how off you are from your estimates when you take the time to actual count everything. Let me know if your confused on anything. Im guessin you dont have a food scale, so some things like meats and veggies that dont have labels or pre-set portions, your going to have to estimate.

I wouldnt on the yogurt, its up to you. Dairy tends to give a soft-bloated sort of look, which is not what you want when cutting. I just think there are better ways to get protein.

thanks also how long have you been working out?

about 5 years. 3 of them serious. I've learned A LOT just from hanging around this discussion board. Use the search button at the top of screen, ask questions if you have them. Just do your research first, but make sure you stick around, you will learn a lot on here.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    I was told to post this here im 20 5'9 190 and probally 14-18% body fat i want to get really cut up im happy with my muscle size except chest i would like to get to 6-10 percent bodyfat if thats even possible also i have no gear experince and asking you guys because so far i have found you all the most knowledgeable on the bodybuilding/fitness athletic subject thanks

my daily sample diet

meal 1-some oatmeal w/ 1% mile and a scoop of whey

snack 1-some fruit and almonds or peice of chick breast with some cheese

meal 2-a shke with no-fat no sugar yogurt with 1% milk ice some whey and a little juice no HF corn syrup or like a sammy with no mayo on whole wheat or something like that

snack 2-2 corn tortillas with some black beans and chicken or egg whites

post gym snack-scoop of whey with big apple

gym 7-9:30 doing 20-30 mins of cardio after wieghts on stationary bike hr 140-150

PWO snack-2 scoops of whey with fruit juice

b4 bedtime-cottage cheese with pepper, i try to eat every 2 or 2 and half hours

It is worth your time to start measuring everything you eat. I go to calorieking.com or fitday.com to get all the pro carb fat cal. "Some oatmeal" doesn't help you know if it to much or not. You need to know how much calories you are eating each day. You could be eating more than your resting calorie expenditure. You could calculate that using Harris Benedict Equation and then plan on eating 500 calories less. Or you could use C-Bino's cutting macros, it is much simpler.

Protein: 1.5 x LBM
    Carbs: .75 x LBM
    Fat: (P + C)/7

That should give you a 50% 25% 25% split. You may have to customize the carbs based on whether it works for you over a three week period. I never go quite that low on carbs myself, because I find it 5x harder to gain weight than to lose it.

I have some minor comments on your food choices too but the macros thing is much more important. After you post macros, I think your post will get the attention you need to have a successful diet.

shutak is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    I wouldnt on the yogurt, its up to you. Dairy tends to give a soft-bloated sort of look, which is not what you want when cutting. I just think there are better ways to get protein.
    is this true? why is this because of the amount of sodium present?

Yeah, its your call though. If you truly love dairy and feel you must have it then go for it. I just think there are better sources of protein. Besides the sodium I have also been told that EVERYONE has some degree of alergic reaction to dairy, ranging from slight bloating to severe gas, etc.....I just dont think its worth the risk when cutting.

Thread Information