dreuxscott1 is offline Associate Member

Having trouble losing my damn fat!!!!

Ok im 23 years old...5'9 and my weight fluctuates between 195-205...depends on what i eat the night before and what not...i want to get down to a solid 180, 185...i do an hour of cardio damn near every morning..at least 5 times a week on an empty stomach...and i lift 3-4 times a week...feels like im not losing any weight because im still trying to build muscle so im eating alot and i know im getting stronger and bigger but im not losing any fat...i thought doing as much cardio as i do and my diet really isnt bad at all...my carb intake isnt that high...mostly high for breakfast and my after workout meal...besides that its not bad...i eat no fast food or soda...i stick to mostly chicken, steaks and my protein shakes but im having alot of trouble losing the fat..my diet isnt perfect but for the amount of cardio and working out im doing i would expect to be losing it faster...seems like ive been stuck looking the exact same about about 2 months of constant cardio 5-7 times a week...im not taking any fat burning supplements which i am thinking about taking now but still i want to be able to lose the fat without the use of supplements...any other suggestions...i notice i usually eat really big meals and that might be the cause so ive started cutting everything i eat in half and spreading everything out as much as possible..its just hard because im a college student and the money is really tight so i cant really buy exactly what i want to eat and i still live at home with the family and theres so much random junk here...would it be better to not eat anything or eat something that happens to be somewhat junk..i mean like having some toast or cereal here and there because sometimes thats all there is to eat in the house...

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    eat more often. when cutting i eat 9 meals a day.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    here's a diet to model off of, it's a good one, nutrient timed and meant for cutting for me, i'm 180lbs but i have very little body fat, it should work for you

Meal 1 - 5 egg whites (cal 80, pro18), Oats 80g (cal295 carb51 pro12 fat5), 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5). sprinkle cinnamon. TOTALS - Cal 485, carbs 53 pro 50, Fat 6.5

WORKOUT

PWO - 2 scoop whey (cal224, carb5, pro46, fat3), WMS 80g (cal280 carb68) TOTALS – Cal519, carbs73, pro58 fat 3

PPWO - Tuna 1/2 tin (cal 72,carb0 pro15 ), Oats 80g (cal295 carb51 pro12 fat4) 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5) TOTALS – cal480 carbs53 pro50 fat5.5

meal 4 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) Coconut Oil (cal83 fat9g) TOTALS – cal372, pro54, fat14

Meal 5 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) Flax Oil (cal83 fat9g) TOTALS – cal372, pro54, fat14

Meal 6 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) hemp Oil (cal83 fat9g) TOTALS – cal372, pro54, fat14

Before Bed – Lean Mince200g (cal328 pro51 fat12) TOTALS cal328 pro51 fat12

DAILY TOTAL Cal 2928Carbs 179 Protein 360 fat 68.5

Each chicken meal served with a handful of fibrous green veg bringing carbs to approx 200g per day in total.

dreuxscott1 is offline Associate Member
    usually my meals go like this... oats with 2 scoops of protein for breakfast.. pwo 2 scoops of protein and dextrose.. then meals of chicken or turkey or salmon burgers...end the night with a few scoops of protein...

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    too many protein shakes or use of protein powder, get more solid food in there, use egg whites for breakfast and lean protein sources throughout the day

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I would take the time to add up the exact macros for each meal and daily totals. Fitday.com seems to be popular. Compare that to your resting calorie expenditure. You might be way off. The info you have provided is to vague.

shutak is offline New Member
    Hi just seen your thread and based a diet around yours Phate. Thing is im 200lbs and got about 15% bf or so my scales tell me. Would this sort of a diet suit?
    Im taking in 2600kcal a day, 60g fat split up evenly apart from PWO and PPWO, 194g Carbs with 134g PWO and PPWO and 50g breakfast. And finally 306g protein split evenly.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...l?Owner=shutak

any suggestions, im naturally an endomorph and obviously still want to retain as much muscle as i can.
    Last edited by shutak; 05-31-2008 at 02:36 AM. Reason: typo

whiteronniewannabe is offline Junior Member
    Evaluate if the meals your eating or simply too much. You shouldnt feel really full after a meal. If your stomach feels full to the brim then youve eatien to much.

shutak is offline New Member
    its just it says daily maintenance kcals are like 3800 but thats seems way excessive, its actually hard to eat that much. trainin 6days a week, split workouts. No cardio at mo.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shutak View Post
    Hi just seen your thread and based a diet around yours Phate. Thing is im 200lbs and got about 15% bf or so my scales tell me. Would this sort of a diet suit?
    Im taking in 2600kcal a day, 60g fat split up evenly apart from PWO and PPWO, 194g Carbs with 134g PWO and PPWO and 50g breakfast. And finally 306g protein split evenly.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...l?Owner=shutak

any suggestions, im naturally an endomorph and obviously still want to retain as much muscle as i can.
    Looks good if you are cutting, maybe a little shy on the fats. If you aren't losing enough weight then you need to up the cardio, eat any less might not help. If you are bulking you need quite a bit more carbs and a little more EFAs.

Thread Information